Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I look so much older now that I've lost weight in my face. Other people have commented on it too! Has anyone else had this happen?

I think I look older. My skin is no longer plumped up with fat. Other people have not said I look older and I hope they don't.

I was kind of shocked someone said something to me too! That is the last thing I need. I feel old enough already. :thumbup:

That is up there with the people who tell me how fat I am! What nerve!!! If a really, really close friend said it, OK...but you know people will say anything to you....

Have not lost enough in my face to make a difference...yet

Iv read that in several different places that you do end up looking older after losing weight..I see it in my friends that have had the surgery..it sucks though...I also saw a documentary on weight loss one day last year and they did this study on age and it talked about how larger people look younger than skinnier because of the fat cells....hey, I guess we cant have it all..I keep trying to get my husband to allow me to get botox after I lose weight but he isnt buying it!!

You may feel that your face looks a bit older but overall you look so much younger and healthier. Fat does not make anyone look young. The only place it has an advantage is in the face as it does help to plump out wrinkles.

But I will take my slightly crepey neck over the double chins I used to have anyday.

Most men (or at least the ones I know) would choose a slim body with a slightly older looking face than a young looking face with a fat body anyday. i know there are some that are exceptions but..............

Not that that is important!

Yes, my face deflated like a balloon. My crow's feet really show now.

Not much can be done short of a face lift. Ah well!

I looked in the mirror one day and my face had drooped. I am going to have plastic surgery and may add a facelift to the agenda.

I don't notice my face looking older as much as my skin everywhere else... I feel like i'm sagging and my skin is becoming like crepe paper. Some of it may be hormones too because the hot flashes keep happening... I guess i should have done this 5 years ago and maybe it would be easier on my skin.. For now i've purchased more skin lotion with Q10 for it's skin tightening properties, i'm hoping that will help smooth things out!

No one has said anything yet, but I too noticed that my face is starting to look older...I can only imagine that it will be more apparent when I drop to my target weight.

I guess, if I was thin, this is how i would look anyway....so I am slowly getting used to it...my wife and I both are happy to finally see the muscles on my arms and legs looking more defined...thats a good one :thumbup: i knew i had them...:)

my wife told me to mention coco-butter - when she was pregnant, she was worried about strech marks and that she would end up with hanging skin...and we applied lots of coco-butter...apparently it has some tightening properties...not sure if there are any for face tho.

I've been told I look younger. Not sure I believe it, but I'd prefer to cling to that notion!

wrinkles are just the lines your face gets after smiling and laughing for 30 40 years!