Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November bandsters unite!!

Its good to read about ppl that are going through the same situation as I am....Its also good to read about ppl that have gotten the surgery and the ones that have gotten the surgery and talking about it the same day!! My surgery date is on November the 9th and I have to be at the hospital at 6:30a.m.....I'm excited about it and I'm scared and nervous at the same time!! I spoke with my surgeon today and and he told me that he wass going to take care of me...he has been in Laproscpic for 15 years...I have to trust his and I do trust him!! I'm ready to get it over with so I can begin to discover the new me!!!:frown:

Its good to read about ppl that are going through the same situation as I am....Its also good to read about ppl that have gotten the surgery and the ones that have gotten the surgery and talking about it the same day!! My surgery date is on November the 9th and I have to be at the hospital at 6:30a.m.....I'm excited about it and I'm scared and nervous at the same time!! I spoke with my surgeon today and and he told me that he wass going to take care of me...he has been in Laproscpic for 15 years...I have to trust his and I do trust him!! I'm ready to get it over with so I can begin to discover the new me!!!:frown:

I am having it nov 9th too...I have to be at the hospital at 5:30 am and will be banded about 7:30 am

YAY for US

I was banded yesterday and just got home today! I only have pain at the incision areas but as long as I take my medication every four hours I'm fine. I haven't experienced any of the gas pains I've been hearing about either. Maybe that will come in the next day or two.

The hospital was great only they wouldn't let me get any REAL sleep. If they weren't waking me up to take my vitals, they were waking me to take pills, or to walk, or to pee. I'm glad I'm home but I still think it's a good idea to spend your first night in the hospital. They told me that if I was able to pee the say day I could go home, of course I couldn't so they had to put a catheter in me. No fun. Anyway...I'm on Clear Liquids until Saturday...then its full liquids for me! Can't wait to see the results! Good luck everyone!

That's what's up...did you have to do a pre-op diet before your surgery and how long were you in surgery?

Hi ladies and congratulations to "Timetobefree" on your weight loss. You have lost a lot of weight in such a short time. I am really worried about the excess skin - what has your experience been like? Having this surgery ( I am scheduled for Dec) is scary enough for me but having to go for other surgeries after this to get rid of the extra skin terrifies me! Did you have lots of problems with keeping food down? Also, what were people's reaction to the amount of weight you lost in such a short time? I don't plan on telling people about my surgery but not sure how I will handle the questions I will get when I start to lose the weight.

I am thrilled to tell everyone that my insurance BCBS of Il only took 4 days to appove my surgery. I go for my pre op on November 11 and surgery Nov 18....not looking forward to a liquid diet but SOOOO looking forward to the new me!

So my surgery is Monday! :tt2: I'm doing my pre-op diet which hasn't been too bad. My surgeon has me doing shakes + 1 meal a day. I go on clear liquids on Sunday.

I've had a really positive attitude throughout the process, but today I need to vent. Where better than here, right?

It's my birthday today. Can I just say that being on a pre-op diet on your birthday SUCKS!!!:thumbup: My co-workers all know about my upcoming surgery and have been really supportive. One of my close friends at work even gave me a magic bullet as an early b-day present when I got my surgery date. The frustrating thing is that I can't do the normal things we usually do for a birthday. lunch out, then cake in the afternoon. I'm not missing the goodies. I've pretty much made my peace with the restrictions I'm under pre-op. I just miss the celebration. It's like it's not even my birthday. I think they just don't know how to Celebrate without a bunch of junk food. :eek:

OK..pity party over. DH is making me a sugar-free Jello mold cake for tonight. That'll be just as good as chocolate buttercream. Ok not really, but I can pretend.

Well I finally got banded yesterday morning. Stayed the night in the hospital and got home this morning.:eek: I feel great! They gave me tons of anti-nausea medicine and it worked great. Today just taking the liquid advil for the gas pains and have plenty of energy. On clear liquids till tomorrow then add in some pureed Soups and cream of wheat Cereal. I have no hunger but keep sipping on liquids to keep hydrated. So glad its over. Lost 22 pounds on my 10 day pre-op diet so hoping to continue with the good weight loss. My Dr. doesn't do the first fill for 6 wks.

Hope all you other November bandsters are doing well

dmmjtj-Congrats on your surgery! Glad to hear you're doing well. I hope I feel as well as you do after my surgery on Monday!

I have a question, though. You're taking Advil? I though we weren't supposed to take NSAID's.:eek:

My surgery is scheduled for 11/8 at 7:30 AM. I've been on the liquid diet for 11 days now, and I won't lie, it hasn't been easy. I attended a party for my 3 year old niece and all I had was beef broth and Water, while everyone else was eating baked ziti, pulled pork, roasted turkey, terriaki chicken etc. I'm sure you get the picture. Oh well, the end result will be worth it! Good luck to all

My doctor said no nsaids 5 days before surgery but highly recommended them post-op. He also gave me a script for liquid percocet if I need it but so far I haven't taken it

Hello all. I just got approved today! I am so excited. It was a pretty quick process but the last 4 days have been the longest waiting ofr the message to say approved!. I have to call my surgeon monday to firm up the date but shooting for 11/22 . I am going to start my pre-op diet monday which is no sugar, low fat, low carb. Im not too worried about it. Too excited for now. I am a mom of 3 and military wife. November is gonna be a great month! :eek:

I want to see if someone is having surgery on nov 9th...they moved my surgery up to nov..9th due to the surgeon being out of town on the 11th...so anyone on the same date as me?

Im having my surgery on Nov. 9th. Im nervous, scared, and excited at the same time! I hace to be @ the hospital @ 630 in the morning! whew I cant believe it! How r u feeling?

Hey Cheryl, my banding buddy... we almost there girl!!! :eek: And happy birthday to you, what a wonderful gift you are giving yourself this year! :thumbup:

The Magic Bullet is the bomb! I've had mine since a previous diet several years ago (involving shakes of course!). But you can do a whole lot with it, puree, blend, etc. What a nice gift from your co-workers!

To all... I'm enjoying reading everyone's pre op experiences, surgery experiences, and the early post op ones... good to know I'm not the only one going thru some of the feelings and such about it all! Continued thoughts and prayers are with you all! :tt2:

Susan

Im having my surgery on Nov. 9th. Im nervous, scared, and excited at the same time! I hace to be @ the hospital @ 630 in the morning! whew I cant believe it! How r u feeling?

There are a few of us Nov 9th-ers out there :eek:. I don't get surgery until 1:30PM that day (I am going to be soooooo thirsty late in the morning.) I'm on the very low-carb 10-day pre-op diet (which is nice- it's not just liquids). No weight loss needed before surgery, it's just the shrink-and-toughen-up-your-liver-by-using-up-all-your-glycogen diet.

I've lost some weight but really it is just water- like with any high Protein diet, you'll lose 5-7lbs of Water after you use up that glycogen. It's a good sign it is working like it should. Cutting caffeine out entirely was harder. God I'm tired.

I would lie if I said I was not terrified, but I"m happy at the same time. I'm more terrified of the post-op diet (which is liquids for a long, long time) than the actual surgery!!

I learned my lesson when getting an unplanned c-section, though: TAKE THE PAIN MEDS ALL THE TIME, and never let the pain get bad. Don't try to tough it out. Ever. So I will be following that to a "t" this time. :thumbup: