Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What foods can't you eat?

dm5201: If you had surgery on the 24th of August, wouldn't you still be on liquids? (pizza ?)

I'm moving into regular foods. All surgeons are different. It was thin liquids, then mushy, then soft foods, and regular diet. By the way, the thin crust pizza went down well...

I see you are presugery according to your profile...

Ugh! I cant eat tuna, no way, no how!!!

Even the tiniest amount sits like a rock and blocks me up.

I cant eat even the smallest crumb of a scone (I'm a chef so I tried a tiny morsel at work...stuck up good!) or bread in any form.

Meh... good riddance to carbs I'm thinking... and I can live without tuna :smile:

Rach.

dm5201: Thank you for your answer: Yes, all Dr's requiremtns are different. I had my surgery yesterday and came home last night. It went very well and my stomach is very sore this morning. I am on now all liquids which include potein drinks, v-8 and Tomato Soup for two weeks. I lost about 20 lbs on the pre-surgery diet. (cheated once)

So now I am within 60 lbs of my goal.

Any type of steak is an absolute no for me. The only way I have been able to get it down was to take sips of Water while chewing it.. Which was only because I was a dinner guest and the host didn't know I can't do steak and I felt rude turning it down. Besides, I love steak!

I also can't do chicken breast.

I have to be careful though, because I have been able to do bread, rice, Pasta, popcorn, pretty much all of the no-no's with an ease. I am hoping with the fill I just got yesterday that I will not be able to down those so easily anymore.

I cant eat corn on the cob! I love it too, and I live near a farm that has the best corn on the cob.:smile:

Three years out, I can eat: rice, soft breads, chips, nuts, anything that seems like I wouldn't be able to eat it.

I CAN'T eat: any kind of fruit (I don't understand why, because I need fruit in my diet!), tortilla, wheat thins or wheat Cereal, any kind of soda, frozen margaritas hurt for some reason, french fries

The only thing I gripe about is the fruit issue! I don't understand why I can't take it in. Only berries seem to go down okay, but even then sometimes those contain the most sugar. All I want to be able to eat is watermelon :(

I am 1 year and 8 months out and I have trouble with moist bread, chicken and rice/nori sushi (I can eat sashimi and Poke without a problem)

If I am socializing I have to be careful to chew well as thats when the dry meat gets me if I don't chew to apllesauce consistency. I also drink in social settings (Water, ice tea) to keep things flowing ...My band doesn't like carbonated things

I am tight in the morning. Haven't filled in 7 months by my choice as I am trying to change my lifestyle and don't want to use up my band too soon

You do need periodic adjustments because you stomach also loses size so the band becomes looser from the changes

Too dry of meat and bread. Those are the only things I can't get down.

Just because you get stuck on a certain type of food doesn't mean it's going to happen every time,,,timing, temperature, texture, size, bite, etc play into getting stuck...so technically no food is out for me except I steer clear from eggs...I love them but want them for Breakfast and since I am tighter in the morning, it's just not happening. I sometimes can get a piece of bacon or nibble on toast. Maybe I should try eating them for dinner.

I have about 9cc in an 11cc band (I think). I have lost 107lbs.

3 weeks out from banding. No fill. Haven't found anything I can't eat yet. I've kind of strayed from my mushie diet and can eat anything I want. I had thin crust pizza earlier. Now have to go for a walk to get it off my hips and thighs.