Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thanks for joining my pity party

I felt so bad yesterday. I felt like a fool after I did my post and wished I could take it back. But you all had kind and funny words for me.

I'm normally not a whiner or a complainer. I learned after developing arthritis that noon like a whiner. Like most overweight people I have lots of pain everyday but I don't say anything. But sometimes we all reach our limit.

Today I hosted the smeinar I talked about in my post. The speaker was a nice guy and knew his stuff. My dh made sure I had something to wear and I did my haiur and makeup special. I even wore my expensive perfume. Mid-day came and the speaker came up to me and said, "You look like you've had a hard week". I ran to the bathroom to see what happened to my coifed looks - and I looked the same as I did when I walked out. I laughed instead of cried. i decided this was God telling me to get off my duff and do something about my weight.

I am not banded yet. I will do it early in the year- probably in Mexico.

On your other thread, you said "How did I get like this?" and I know too well how you are feeling. I got so tired of being tired. So tired of not being my best (hence, the screen name...the best me...because I wasn't and I want to be) and so tired of wanting to try and being forever discouraged. ENOUGH!!!

Somewhere, I got some gumption. I joined Curves, then switched to a gym with childcare and exercised faithfully for a year. I lost and kept off about 20 pounds of my 240+. I wanted more and couldn't find it. Then I found LBT. Hope began. YES!!!

Never apologize here for whining. This is the BEST place for it. Whine and whine all you need to! It's so hard to whine elsewhere when you feel noone else understands. Certainly not the manicured size 4's.

Find your gumption. Go get 'em, girl!!!

Sounds like hubby is a wonderful person. You will need his support. It helps alot.

How much weight are you trying to lose? Hang in there. Don't go far because this is the BEST support group available. (((hugs)))

All weeks are hard, so I guess in one way the answer was yes. But I was feeling pretty good today!

I need to lose a lot! I am 5'11" and weight 335. I can't belive I just typed those numbers. EEEEEEEEK! I have always felt that 170 would be a good weight for me. But to be honest, If I can weight less than 200 pounds I would be happy, happy, happy.

My parents don't know I am going to do a lap band. My dream has always been to surprise them by showing up on their doorstep being a normal size. I have been very heavy since birth and that would blow them away (I am 40). Well, I kind of have that chance. In the fall my brother is getting married in Barbados. I don't live close to my parents or my brother. I would love to arrive at the airport and step off the plan much thinner than I am now. They would be so happy. I know I won't be at less than 200 pounds, but I can be a lot better than I am now. They haven't seen me in a long time and would be devastated to know how big I am. I really have wanted to see them, but I haven't asked them to come to my home out of shame.

Oh fiveholts, you can do this...no problem! At 5'11", 335 isn't so bad. REALLY!!! You being so tall makes you conspicuous, anyway, then the way you feel and the way you feel about yourself...I totally understand! Think how statuesque you will be at under 200 pounds! Wow! And if you are banded in Jan, you could easily lose to below 250 by the Fall. More if you are very strict with yourself...and what great motivation! I am 40, too. That was a big motivator for me. I really didn't want this decade to be full of discouragement. My kids are young (6 and 2) and I wasn't going to live like this anymore!! Ashamed is a terrible word.

Chin up. It can happen. Research your MX doc really really well. Know all there is to know before you go. It's not the right route for everyone but I had a good experience there. Just be sure, too, you have good aftercare lined up close to home, unless you are close to the border? Otherwise, a US doc is a must before you go. Reasearch well. I'm excited for you!!!