Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

90% restricted, not losing weight--anyone else?

Im at about 9.5ml filled and Im not having any problems with any foods...Im not losing wieght either...anyone else? please write me and we can figure this out.........thanks:confused:

How much and what are you eating? Are you satified with that amount? Are you hungry inbetween meals? It may be that you need a fill. Are you excersising? If not I highly reccomend it. Working out works wonders for weightloss. I think if you provide more information on what your doing people can help you out better. Best Wishes!

I am going for a first fill and my surgery was 8-17-10 and my fill is 9-24-10. I have lost 15lbs but none of that in this past week. i have been able to eat real food again now and in small quantities of about 1.5c but I can eat 2 cups of Soup now. I think I need that fill and I am going to start back on exercise this week too. I think I am definitely ready for a fill and i am so scared of it hurting because that spot is still tender and i hope everything is healing up right, i hope i would know if my band was slipped or port flipped of any of that kind of stuff. SCARED

Maybe you need a fill?

Hi.

I am almost a year out and I have the realize band. My weight stalled about 1 month out. I can ONLY get fills every 6 weeks! That sux. My band hold 9cc's. I have 7.25cc's in it!!!!!!!! Barely any restriction. This last fill gave me a little bit of restriction but I still need another one. I walk on my treadmill and have started eating for the band instead of for me. I am starting to lose but get hungry within 2 1/2 to 3 hours so still need some more. When I asked my doc why I needed sooooo many fills to get to restriction she told me I was one of very very few people who have this problem. I dont have as much fat around my stomach as others thats why it is taking so many fills. I go back for another fill in a month but hope to be below 200 by then. A small fill is all I need to bring me to my sweet spot. Let me now how it goes for you.

I have no pain when I get a fill, my doc uses a tiny needle to numb the area then does the fill, absolutely NO PAIN! Dont be nervous it goes so quick.

Edited by rottie69

Im at about 9.5ml filled and Im not having any problems with any foods...Im not losing wieght either...anyone else? please write me and we can figure this out.........thanks:confused:

I am having the same problem. I had surgery 6/3/10 and I was losing weight through out June and July. But August I actually gained weight. I got a fill later in August and I am up to 5ccs in a 10cc band. I feel A LOT of restriction, and i eat a lot less. I also work out monday-friday. I lost 2 lbs right after my fill... but nothing since. I dont understand. I dont want to get another fill and be uncomfortable. I am kinda discouraged. I think im going to start a new post as well and see what kind of feedback we both get. :)

I am not so sure you have that much in your band. I have heard of several bandsters where the port was missed and the saline never even made it in the band. Do they actually take out all the Fluid from your band to check the amount before they put more in? It sure is something to think about.

I am going for a first fill and my surgery was 8-17-10 and my fill is 9-24-10. I have lost 15lbs but none of that in this past week. i have been able to eat real food again now and in small quantities of about 1.5c but I can eat 2 cups of Soup now. I think I need that fill and I am going to start back on exercise this week too. I think I am definitely ready for a fill and i am so scared of it hurting because that spot is still tender and i hope everything is healing up right, i hope i would know if my band was slipped or port flipped of any of that kind of stuff. SCARED

Maybe you need a fill?

Sagreenia,

I am at the same place as you are! My surgery was 8/16 and my 1st fill is scheduled for 9/27.. I cannot wait to have it because I have absolutely no restriction. I can eat normal foods now....havent tried breads, Pasta or a lot of meats. Fish and ground meat goes down great! My port site is still a little sore and my Dr said its perfectly normal to still be tender. I lost 12.5 lbs the first 2 weeks but this past week have not lost any.....actually the scale goes up and down within 2lbs each day. I called today to see if they would give me a fill at 4 wks and they said no. Guess I'll just have to wait!

Its nice to have someone going through the exact same thing as I am. It reassures me that I'm OK. Good Luck! :)

BTW - you're not limited to saline by your band size. They can keep going past the size...it expands.

I was banded on 8/18/2010. I had very little appetite the first few weeks but starting on week 3 that kicked up quite

a bit. (We were told at our education class that this might happen as the swelling goes down.) I am no longer losing weight but we were told that would pick up when we get a fill.

My portal incision was infected and is now healing very slowly. My first fill was set back to the end of September because of it.

My biggest issue since going onto soft foods is a horrendous

hemorrhoid flare up. I've been using every product on the market and am now taking metamucel in an effort to control

this issue.

I can't wait until next Wednesday when I can eat salads and raw vegetables. So far the only thing that I've had any issue with is rice. Everything else seems to go down nicely.

Yesterday at lunch I was starving. I ate the meat our of two

tiny, tiny sliders and was stuffed. Today I ate most of a ham and cheese sandwich for lunch and very little the rest of the day.

Tomorrow will be another day and I'll take it one meal at a time.

BTW - you're not limited to saline by your band size. They can keep going past the size...it expands.

I believe the tube that goes from the port to the band also holds 2cc.