Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How many calories, carbs etc. do you eat a day??

Just wondering how many calories, carbs and fat does everyone eat and still manage to loose decent weight (2-3 lbs per wk)?? I'm still trying to find that "weight loss zone" for me. The nutritionist told me 800 calories, 20-25g of fat, 40-50 carbs and of course 80g of Protein. I know weight loss varies because of metabolism, activity etc. But I'm trying to get an idea about what everyone else does?

My calories range from 850-950, sometimes more. Protein is always 90g or more. Fat stays around 30-40g. Carbs stay under 50g. I've been losing 2-3lbs a week doing P90.

Hope this helps!

Edited by reverie

Maybe I need to cut back to 800...I've been on 1000 for the last week and haven't lost anything...and I've been going to the gym 5 days out of the week!

Slowmover, If you have been going to the gym 5 'x a week, I wouldnt cut back calories, I would add more. Your body need the extra calories when being activie, otherwise your matabolism slows down. Thats why you are not losing. trust me, I was in the same situation.. I uped my calries and the inches and pounds started melting away. Just a suggestion.

I eat around 1300 calories per day, 80grams of Protein, 30-90g of carbs

I have been a steady 2lb per week - I haven't started working out yet - tomorrow the kids go back to school and I go back to the gym!

Slowmover, If you have been going to the gym 5 'x a week, I wouldnt cut back calories, I would add more. Your body need the extra calories when being activie, otherwise your matabolism slows down. Thats why you are not losing. trust me, I was in the same situation.. I uped my calries and the inches and pounds started melting away. Just a suggestion.

Thanks so much blksuperwoman40! I really appreciate the advice. :smile: I started back to the gym 3 weeks ago and haven't lost anything yet...started watching my calories last week, thinking it would help, but nothing yet. :smile:

I sure don't have a problem with adding a few calories to my diet...in fact it's been kinda hard keeping it at 1000. LOL!! :)

later, Joanie :biggrin:)

I lose about 2 pounds a week at 1000 calories and 100-150 grams of Protein.< /p>

I get 800-900 calories/day (I am for low 800s), ~100 g Protein, <50 g carb. I take supplemental Omega fats, so sometimes my fat grams are a higher than the 20 g your nutritionist recommends. (Some days, they're 20 percent of my daily intake, some days, more--I don't obsess because I'm fine with the heart-healthy stuff, and it does increase satiety.)

I exercise at least once daily--usually twice.

I've lost at a very consistent 2.6 pounds/week since banding. I've had a couple of very brief plateaus--but have been very happy with my progress.

Hey All,

I'm only 12days out...in pureed/mushie phase right now. I'm curious as to how you guys are getting in so much Protein each day. When I was just doing my powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury shakes I could only get in 2 per day...so the max Protein I'm getting is 40gr/day(my shakes take me about 1hr30min to drink and it feels as if I'm going to explode!) I'm assuming that's why I'm still soooo tired. I've tried adding Protein powder to things like Yogurt or chicken broth, but I can only get down 1/4cup before I start feeling super full. So at the end of the day my sneaking in Protein still doesn't give me enough.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

I'm only 2.5 wks out - and I'm averaging about 500 cals per day. I try to get about 20 grams of Protein per meal, but then that means I am mostly eating Protein only.

I am also pretty tired, but I'm not sure if it's b/c I am post-op, or b/c I am not consuming much food. I just had a 2 hr nap in the middle of the day - very unusual for me and something I don't typically have the luxury of doing!

I ate somwhere in the range of 1300 to 1500 calories a day and never counted fat or Protein or carbs, but I do/did eat wholegrain carbs like decent bread and cereals all the way through. I run most days and do bootcamp once or twice a week.

I lost steadily and well, and got the whole 100lb off without trouble, but it wasnt at the rate your desiring. I lost more like 5lb a week for the first two or three months, it literally fell off and then I settled into a pattern of an average of more like 1lb a week (although in actual fact it came off in chunks, nothing for two weeks then 3lb kind of thing). I was fine with that though, believe me, at the other end of this you dont sit around worrying about how fast or slow you lost.

'Gettinready' I was wondering the same thing! How are you guys managing to get so much Protein in? I was struggling to get the fluids and protein in during the 2nd week. I'm in the 3rd week now and it's much easier (I guess the swelling went down and I have more room). I'm gonna work on building up to 100 g of protein. On Wednesday, I start stage 4 and was trying to get an idea about how much to eat. Mr. doctor's office is pretty conservative. Btw, BetsyB...phenomenal results! I hope to be where you are some day... Thanks, this definitely helps!

I'm trying to sneak in more Protein powder to things, but the problem is(and I NEVER thought I'd say this) I get full so fast. 1/2 cup of pureed Soup and I'm stuffed. I'm assuming it's still swelling because I know this isn't normal at 2wks out. I stay full for about 4hrs after a Protein shake and about 3hrs after lunch and dinner. I try to stay hydrated, but I'll admit I'm getting lazy with my fluids :~(

I'm still having alot of problems with Heartburn and sometimes nausea, but it's getting better. Still.....2wks out I didn't think I'd be dealing with either of those issues. YUCK!