Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What election issue is most important to you?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What election issue is most important to you?

• Healthcare
    • 2 Wars
    • Jobs/Economy
    • Education
    • Deficit
    • Gulf Oil Spill
    • Ground Zero Mosque
    • Immigration
    • Gay Marriage
    • Government Spending
    • Abortion
    • Other

I am watching Fox and getting upset as usual! Why is Jason Altmire a dem? He's saying he wants to extend all Bush tax cuts permanently. He said he did not vote for Pelosi and will not vote for her in the future. The host actually told him he sounded like a rep. and he said thats how he feels. The reason Im so upset is he's in my area!

I was watching Fareed Zakaria on Sunday. There was a guy on there(rep) who said we need a war to get out of this economic downfall!

Fareed laughed and told him "I guess Iraq and Afghanistan arent enough." He said they arent enough that usually after a depression there is a war which helps to get out of depression. Again, another idiot who has never had to go to war and kill people! Why not get more of our peolpe killed and F'ed up for money! Unfortunately after waking up this morning and hearing about the Koreas he might get his wish. Already the stockmarket is down 100 plus because of the fear its causing!

It just pisses me off how willing reps are to send everyone elses children off to be killed knowing that their children will be safe!

Guest Cleo's Mom

I hate this new format. It wouldn't let me sign in with my username and password. I had to re-register with another email address and now it has me down as a newbie. Yeah, right. Anyone else have this problem? I posted a question to the administrators on the forum but they are not receiving PM's.

Guest Cleo's Mom

Despite the elected republicans yapping about how they "heard" the american people about deficit and spending - turns out they weren't really listening because that doesn't come close to being their top concern:. Funny thing, here's what the voters are most concerned with:

Cleos, read the trib page a-5, its about healthcare.

A majority of Americans want congress to keep the new healthcare law and even expand it despite rep claims that they have a mandate from the people to kill it. The post election survey(Mcclatchy Newspaper Marist Poll) showed that 51% of reg voters want to keep the law or change it to do more while 41% want tom change it to do less or even repeal it.

The survey also showed that a majority of Americans side with the dems on another hot-button issue, extending the Bush tax cuts for families making less than $250,000.00 a year only.

Dont ask rule, 47% favoring repeal, 48% opposing repeal.

Healthcare

Of the 51% in favor 16% want it to stay the same while 35% want it to do more.

Expand---women, minorities and people youger than 45, democrats, liberals, northeasterners, and those making less than $50,000.00 a year.

Against

11% want to amend it to rein it in

33% want to rein it in

men, whites, over 45, making over 50k, cons, rep, teabags.

Independents are even

against, 36% for repealing and 12% for restraining it

Of the 48% of ind. for, 12% want to restrain while 34% want to leave as is.

Cleos, read the trib page a-5, its about healthcare.

A majority of Americans want congress to keep the new healthcare law and even expand it despite rep claims that they have a mandate from the people to kill it. The post election survey(Mcclatchy Newspaper Marist Poll) showed that 51% of reg voters want to keep the law or change it to do more while 41% want tom change it to do less or even repeal it.

The survey also showed that a majority of Americans side with the dems on another hot-button issue, extending the Bush tax cuts for families making less than $250,000.00 a year only.

Dont ask rule, 47% favoring repeal, 48% opposing repeal.

Healthcare

Of the 51% in favor 16% want it to stay the same while 35% want it to do more.

Expand---women, minorities and people youger than 45, democrats, liberals, northeasterners, and those making less than $50,000.00 a year.

Against

11% want to amend it to rein it in

33% want to rein it in

men, whites, over 45, making over 50k, cons, rep, teabags.

Independents are even

against, 36% for repealing and 12% for restraining it

Of the 48% of ind. for, 12% want to restrain while 34% want to leave as is.

I saw this information on Huffington Post.

Did you have any sign in problems? It must just be me. I PM-ed Alex but it hasn't been solved. I'm afraid to turn off my computer as I might not be able to sign back in. I had to re-register with a different email address to log in.

I saw this information on Huffington Post.

Did you have any sign in problems? It must just be me. I PM-ed Alex but it hasn't been solved. I'm afraid to turn off my computer as I might not be able to sign back in. I had to re-register with a different email address to log in.

No I havent had any problems. I signed in this morning and now I cant even find where to sign when LB page comes up but it still let me post. I wasnt even used to the last upgrade they made. Im not sure if its my computer but Its really fast. Ive been using my laptop alot lately and it is alot different, thats probably what it is