Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2010 Bandsters!!

Did that help? I am day 4 post op and still having terrible pain in my chest I am assuming that it is gas It hurts so bad I tried gas x today and that didn't help at all

dmccarre...

Sometimes if u drink too fast or take too much at a time it will make u nauseous. I am 2days out and so far no nausea, knocking on wood. Incisions don't feel all that great. I am finding it hard to follow the post op diet... I mean I can't eat everything they suggest.

Hope u have a fast recovery.

@ cristy906

I am 2 days out and still have the gas in my chest also. Walked a few times outside, but still have it. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

I am scheduled for October 26th. Go for my pre-op on the 9th and I must say I am getting a little nervous. Is this normal? :biggrin:

It is totally normal to be nervous/scared/freaked out etc... I was but now that the surgery is over I feel so much better. Hang in there and know that you're not alone. We're all in this together--

Good morning everyone, could anyone explain to me how to add the ticker tape to my postings. I'm tech challenged but they look so cute.

Hope everyone who is banded is healing nicely. 4 more sleeps for me. I don't seem to be losing anymore on my pre-op so that's a little scary. I'm just going to have faith:crying:.

Just go to TickerFactory.com and pick out what you want. When you get the code (html code) you can put it in your signature area.

My pre-op is set for Oct.14 and my surgery has been scheduled for Oct. 25 - my 7 year wedding anniversary. There are literally no words for the excitment/nervousness/anxiety that I feel :biggrin:

I have been on the search for the high protein/low carb shakes/powders so that I can begin my Optifast diet next week. Any suggestions are welcomed - since I am super new to all of this, and I look forward to getting to know the October '10 Bandsters :thumbup:

My pre-op is set for Oct.14 and my surgery has been scheduled for Oct. 25 - my 7 year wedding anniversary. There are literally no words for the excitment/nervousness/anxiety that I feel :biggrin:

I have been on the search for the high protein/low carb shakes/powders so that I can begin my Optifast diet next week. Any suggestions are welcomed - since I am super new to all of this, and I look forward to getting to know the October '10 Bandsters :thumbup:

Congrats on getting your band date! I was banded on Oct. 5 and have a week on liquids before I get to the puree stage. I have been enjoying Isopure Liquid Protein, Alpine Punch - 20 oz with 40 mg Protein. Pro-Cell protein supplement was also recommended to me but I have it on order so haven't used it yet. Fantastic blog that I follow - Eggface -

theworldaccordingtoeggface

has all kinds of recipes and recommendations. I bought Max Protein in chocolate and vanilla on her site at a discount. The October 10 Bandsters and Outrageous Octobers are a wonderful group of people. Welcome!

Edited by RUMiller
typo

Today is Day 2 post op. The surgery went well but I am sore in the stomach area. Of course that makes sense lol. Sleepng in reclyner. Getting up and down is the hardest for me. I try not to use stomach muscles to get up and down but cant' help it and ouchie lol. I got stuck in the bed a little while ago, so back to the reclyner. I so much wanted to get in the real bed. Maybe a couple more reclyner nights.

I'm not hungry. I am sipping Protein Shakes and Water of course. And to make the nausa med taste better after crushing, I'm mixing with sugar free punch, it helps it not taste like poison :biggrin:

So far no gas pain. I am taking a chewable gas x every few hours. I'm crushing it and mixing with the same punch. That's good since the stomach pain is quite enough. The meds are good though :thumbup:

Good luck all

Hi...My band date is 10/19....Super excite but scared at the same time. I'm going on the liquids starting Monday. My Dr. doesn't have me doing it but I figure I might as well get use to it. Good Luck everyone.

Well I am now officially banded as of 10/7. Im on day 3 and I still have gas pains in the chest and bad pain where my Dr put the port. He put the port not really on top of my belly button, but more like 6-7" above it on my left side.

I havent had any problems getting down liquids at all. The 40oz Isopure punch are great to sip on throughout the night. And the Gas-X strips are a huge help.

Luckily Im able to sleep on one side. Its just getting to that spot without straining my stomach muscles is the challenge.

Just wanted to share that I'm down 14 lbs pre-op ( 18 days) and I learned how to add the ticker so today is a good day!!! 3 more sleeps till banding.

I just got banded on Thursday, and let me just say..... it's not what i expected. I'm not in that much pain, and its more of a gas pain then anything. I have two incisions, one in the belly button, the other is right below my clevage line. i dont know where my port is though. Good luck to everyone who is getting banded today!!

Got banded yesterday! sore throat, headache. otherwise, feeling pretty good!:)

I'm a October 2010 Bandster!!:):thumbup:

My date is this Friday, October 15th.

I'm glad to be part of the group. Let's all keep in touch!

A Bari New JC

well I am post-op day 4 and it has not been a blast..lol Where I am a big guy they were able to use the smaller band on me which saves me a surgery.. yea the down size is I have a ton of restriction. I went in to have the couple of cc's taken out of my band due to being dehydrated and they were unable to access my port.. bummer. They wanted me to get admitted to the hospital but since I am a Nurse there would be none of that..lol So I go on monday to the hospital so they can access my Port under Fluro (x-ray). The up side is I am down 11 pounds since surgery.. Even with everything that is going on I DO NOT regret this one bit.. Not every time will be perfect but It will be an adventure.. October Bandsters we will get through this together... Keep the the stories and if You are nervous remember You can do this..