Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2010 Bandsters!!

Thanks for the kind words guys. I really appreciate it. I was better today, not that hungry at all. Tomorrow is the day!! I have to be there by 11:30 and my surgery is at 12:30. If all goes as planned, they said I could go home around 2:30, so I will be praying for that. I will let you guys know how it goes.

Count me in...I received my date today: 10-15-10. I start my surgeon's 14 day liquid diet in the morning. I am both excited and nervous.

Anyone else in Houston?

XOXO

I am also an October Bandster. My surgery date is 10-26. My surgeon is only requiring one week of preop diet, consisting of a Protein Shake for Breakfast and lunch, and a low carb, low fat dinner like chicken and vegetables, and then a one day clear diet the day before surgery. Everyone always has amazing preop weight losses, though, so I am planning to start my preop diet sooner. I also started exercising a bit in preparation. I am scared of the surgery - I haven't had surgery since I got my tonsils out when I was little, and I don't remember a thing about that. I just figure, the fitter I am before surgery, the better it will go. I am also a little worried about the preop testing - I am not having any bloodwork done until the morning of surgery - what if they discover something that causes it to be cancelled or delayed! I would rather have it done a couple of days before.

Well I got my date for surgery - the 27th of October. After waiting 2 yrs on the public waiting list I got the call on September 16th for my pre admission clinic on the 27th and was so surprised when they booked me in for a month later.

I'm a little scared, but mainly about the Optifast diet which I need to do for 2 weeks prior, but I will just have to stick to it.

I was surprised to see that some people are in and out on the same day???? They are planning on keeping me in over night and maybe a second night if I'm in pain. I want to come home to the kids asap.

Well wish me luck :thumbup:

Who knew... I could survive on 2 shakes, 1 bar, and 2 cups of veggies per day for 9 days!!!! I must admit tonight I really want to eat but at this point, I'm 1/2 way tomorrow, I think I need to prove to myself I can do it. My surgery is on the 12th and I can't wait to get some help, also pudding and yogurt sound mighty good to me right now. So far I'm down 10 lbs preop with 11 days to go.

Good luck to everyone having their surgeries starting tomorrow. Our treat this Halloween will be a new start.

Grams

Got my date today...

Tuesday 10/19 at 12:30pm!!! I am headed to Chicago next week so I will only beo n the pre-op diet for 1 week but doc seems to think I will be ok.

I am SOOOOOOO Excited.

Howdy from Texas!!

I just got my date a couple of days ago, Oct 27. I have been working on this for 11 months. Have done all pre-op stuff just waiting for the date to get here.. is it Oct 27 yet?

Good luck to all fellow Oct Bandsters :thumbup:

I have the same feelings as Esorami, my Oct 6th band bud, :thumbup:! I panic about failing and not being able to get to where I want to be. But I push that feeling out as best as I can and try to stay positive. Now, I'm just a bit nervous about the surgery itself, not because of the pain but I really HATE hospitals and all things related. lol

Do I tell my sister about my surgery or not? She is a very negative person and had gastric bypass 5 years ago and still suffers from throwing up and is pretty miserable. I dont need any negativity around me and I want this to be a success!!! Help!

I TOTALLY AGREE I AM IN THE PROCESS MY 6MONTHS IS ALMOST UP AND I DONT EVEN DISCUSS WITH MY FRIENDS WHO ARE NEGATIVE, BECAUSE THAT IS THE LAST THING WE NEED!!!!!:thumbup:

Thanks for the kind words guys. I really appreciate it. I was better today, not that hungry at all. Tomorrow is the day!! I have to be there by 11:30 and my surgery is at 12:30. If all goes as planned, they said I could go home around 2:30, so I will be praying for that. I will let you guys know how it goes.

Will be thinking of you this morning. You're our trail-blazer! All the best. Will be watching for your post op reports. You go girl!

Grams:thumbup:

Well I got my date for surgery - the 27th of October. After waiting 2 yrs on the public waiting list I got the call on September 16th for my pre admission clinic on the 27th and was so surprised when they booked me in for a month later.

Never heard of public waiting list, what country are you in?

:thumbup: 2 years is a long time to wait, congrats!

Congrats! I am also on the 14 day liquid diet only I am allowed 4 shakes, yogurt, pudding, Jello, and Soup nothing else 4 times a day (equaling 2 cups a day) I am also 10 pounds down preop w/ 10 more days to go. It is very hard alls I can think about is chewing something. But everytime I get the urge to cheat and eat I just keep thinking about the finish line, and the cute lil spanks I picked out lol. Good luck you will do awsome!!!

Edited by misery4499
added on

I just realized that I haven't even thought about what to wear coming home from surgery! Someone posted to wear loose clothing. Like what? I don't want to wear a nightgown, all my pants will most likely irritate the incisions. What's everyone else wearing? Also, I have an hour drive home.

Esorami: Im going to wear some baggy sweat pants and a t-shirt. I've also been told to take a pillow to put across your tummy for the ride home... it will help support the stitches and make the ride easier.

October 4 baby!~:smile2:

Me Too! Next Thursday is my day but all of you have helped and supported me daily. I thank you for that!! Don't forget the pillow....