Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2010 Bandsters!!

I had to post b/c I was an October bandster, too! October 2008! Ladies, you are in for an amazing year. :blushing: Be sure to take lots of "before" photos and your measurements. You will want them later!

PuppyBandit, I only had to do a 3 day pre-op diet -- was totally fine. I think it varies quite a bit from dr. to dr.

Sending all of you October Bandits best wishes for much success!!

Catherine

I went to my pre-op appt and I finally got the plan, I thought I would share

liquid includes sugar free Jello and sugar free popcycles. It also includes broth, juice, and Protein drinks.

3 day liquid diet before surgery

October 7 surgery - Clear liquids after surgery

3 days liquid diet after surgery

2 weeks of pureed food

1 month of soft food

Begin regular diet on November 25 which happens to be Thanksgiving day. Of course "regular" will still be a whole lot less than I used to eat.

He said to think of pureed food as anything that requires no chewing at all and to think of soft food as anything you could chew without teeth, so basically anything you could gum LOL.

My surgery is supposed to be in the middle of October, not sure the exact date yet. I've got some possible names for us...

Haunted Halloweensters

Hallowed Hotties

October Overhaulers

Slimming Spiders

Vampire Bandsters

Joker - all those names are great! I'm really diggin' the first three but all would work great. Anyone else have a vote or more ideas? October is quickly approaching!

10/20/10 MY LUCKY DAY FINALLY AFTER A YEAR OF WAITING I HAVE A DATE WITH THE SURGEON DR. JOHN W BAKER IN LITTLE ROCK, ARKANSAS, LOOKING FOR A BAND BUDDY??:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Puppybandit -- your meal plan sounds just scary, but at least you get to eat normal foods on Turkey Day!

My date is 10/8 but post-op is a whole 'nother animal... I have 1-2 days thin liquids (as I can tolerate), 1 week full liquids, 1 week puree, then slowly onto solids...adding in foods slowly and gently.

I'm scheduled for 13Oct looking forward to it. Ready to begin a whole new life. I like Hallowed Hotties.

I'm scheduled for 10/5/10. I had to postpone my original date of 9/28 because my husband will be travelling that week and I would have had no one at home to help me out post-op...

Anyone in the Houston area being banded in October?

How about "BOO-tiful Bandsters"?

Oh BOO-tiful Bandsters I like that one LOL. I'm going to use that one. I'll make a siggy and anyone will be welcome to copy it.

You can copy and paste the properties from my signature if you want to use it, the font is called Parry Hotter hehe. Hope it works.

Edited by PuppyBandit
added code for siggy

OOOHHHH. That's so pretty! I love how it sparkles!!

I love Halloween and Orange so I'm happy :smile:

My doctor sent in my paperwork yesterday to my insurance (tricare) and today I got approved!!!! October 7th is my surgery date!!! I'm so excited!!!

Wow PuppyBandit 3 days isn't a long time. Maybe it all depends on the "state" of your liver. My dr told me that 2 weeks is the standard (could be longer if your liver is in bad shape) but never about it being shorter then that. Good luck to you on that.

DonTony: My dr highly recommends his patients to do the Optifast for the 2 wks, glad to know that it isn't bad. Is there two different kinds? I ask because you mentioned doing the light.

I have my upper GI test tomorrow and I'm super nervous...anyone need to get that done also? anyone done it already? Please let me know how it went.

Thanks!!

By now you already did your upper GI and Im sure like me you were like..."Thats all it was?" I didnt feel any pain and everything went well. And yes they found the Hiatial Hernia, which is repaired during surgery.

As far as "Optifast Light", here's what they mean.

2 weeks of Optifast Light involves a shake for Breakfast and lunch, one for an in between snack, and a light dinner. It could be chicken and a salad, or even a Lean Cuisine. Im doing this now until the 23rd.

Then its 2 weeks of Optifast. Nothing but Optifast :smile: Five shakes a day. I plan on having another 1 or 2 shakes in between meals to make it about 7. Throw in sugar free Jello and broth. Nothing else. I asked about apples or even celery. They said nope.

The Optifast 800 is the shakes I have. And I figured out why its called Optifast 800. They recommend 5 a day. At 160 calories each, that adds up to 800. At least I think thats what it means :bored:

The chocolate is great, the vanilla is tolerable. I havent tried strawberry but Im ordering it this weekend.

I see someone came up with Boo tiful Bandsters. Very clever. I originally thought the generic "pumpkin Patch" or the very derogatory "The Plump-Kin Patch" LOL

Edited by DonTony

Got my approval yesterday, fellow Boo-tiful bandsters! Everything is set for October 11th, pre-op on October 5th.:bored:

Can't wait to start my clear liquid and sugar free diet on October 4th. Oh wait ... yes, I can wait! :smile:

Also ... how did you guys make that image? I went to the glitter graphics site and can't find the Harry Potter text. I want one!! :w00t:

Edited by rockstar
Added text.

I finally got my date today!! Woohoo! Feel like I have been waiting forever. October 18th they offered me the 5th but b/c of my work schedule I could not do it :thumbup: I feel so much better though that I have a date and can now make plans, with time off work etc...

Who else is getting banded in October? I think it will be nice to have others to compare feelings and stories with, as we are going through this.

Good Luck to everyone! New Chapter here I come :tongue2:

Me too and I am so nervous. I finally got my date after starting this process in January. But now I am so nervous and getting anxious. You too?