Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

no restriction! how many cc's did it take you?

Hello everyone!!! I just had my 2nd fill yesterday(10cc band) and hardly feel any restriction. The doc told me I have total of 5cc's in the band. I still could basically eat anything I want with very little restriction. I felt when I intially went for my 1st refill (total of 4cc's), I had tiny bit of more restriction, due to money issues wasnt able to get the band filled for almost a year. I am plaining to go back to the doc in 2 weeks to get another fill, hopeing that should do it.

How many cc's did it take you to feel restriction and how many cc's were you at your sweet spot. Please let me know.

Thanks

I'm having the same problem! I don't know how many cc's my band can take, but I've had 2 fills and I feel pretty much nothing. I'm so disappointed! I don't know how many cc's they put in the first time (and the guy who did it couldn't seem to tell me), but they put 2 cc's in the 2nd time. I do the 2 days of liquids, but then I can eat whatever and pretty much as much as I want...I'm trying to not eat too large of portions, but lack of willpower is why I got the band in the first place! If I could just say 'OK, I'm satisfied now', then I wouldn't have needed the band...

I just emailed my surgeon...I'm wondering if there could be a hole in the band or something and it's deflating? I hope that with another adjustment I will feel restriction...Right now I feel like, 'See? Even THIS won't work for me!'...It's upsetting...I thought that this would be my key to success...I hope it still is...sigh...

I am at 7cc's out of 14cc and I am occasionally feeling restriction when I eat too fast or take too big of a bite. From the reading I did on this board before surgery, I expected it to take up to 6 months +- to hit my sweet spot and that is what my doc is telling me now. Remember it took us years to put this weight on; it won't come off in the blink of an eye.

I try to focus on the other things that I have direct control over such as exercise or really watching what I put in my mouth. Drink and extra glass of Water or take the dog one more block on our walk. Don’t eat after dinner. I constantly keep telling myself that the band is a tool just like the hammer in my truck, not a magic bullet that cures all my ills. I have to know how to use it.

Stay positive, you’ll get there.

It took 5 fills for me.

I am at 10.4 cc's in a 14 cc band.

Finally steadily losing weight at a slow pace, but very consistent.

The amount of cc's very so much for everyone. I had 4.5cc at surgery and 1st fill was 1.5cc total of 6cc in 10cc band. I have no restriction so far. In my research & also what my Dr. told me it take several fills. My 2 friends reached their "sweet spot" at 5/6 fills. It is a slow process. I knew this going in to it. Even though I have no restriction. I practice eating as if i do. I cut everything up in very small pieces & chew, chew, chew & take about 20-30 min to eat a meal. Im 8 wks post-op & still eat to fast sometimes & get stuck feeling. Im using this time to learn & implement my new lap-band eating tecniques so they become a routine habit. This Lap-band journey is a learning experience It's about creating healthy new eating habits to last a lifetime. I have a great counselor I have been seeing every week since 4 mths pre-op and I have learned so much of myself & why I overeat. For me this journey is not just about getting restriction to stop myself from overeating but really learning & implementing new habits for a healthier me. I want eating healthy to be second nature and not feel like im on a diet all the time. Best of luck to everyone & be patient. You will reach your "sweet spot" b4 you know it.

The amount of cc's very so much for everyone. I had 4.5cc at surgery and 1st fill was 1.5cc total of 6cc in 10cc band. I have no restriction so far. In my research & also what my Dr. told me it take several fills. My 2 friends reached their "sweet spot" at 5/6 fills. It is a slow process. I knew this going in to it. Even though I have no restriction. I practice eating as if i do. I cut everything up in very small pieces & chew, chew, chew & take about 20-30 min to eat a meal. Im 8 wks post-op & still eat to fast sometimes & get stuck feeling. Im using this time to learn & implement my new lap-band® eating tecniques so they become a routine habit. This Lap-band® journey is a learning experience It's about creating healthy new eating habits to last a lifetime. I have a great counselor I have been seeing every week since 4 mths pre-op and I have learned so much of myself & why I overeat. For me this journey is not just about getting restriction to stop myself from overeating but really learning & implementing new habits for a healthier me. I want eating healthy to be second nature and not feel like im on a diet all the time. Best of luck to everyone & be patient. You will reach your "sweet spot" b4 you know it.

Hey Isa Bella, I only have 4 days on you. had no fill at surgery but at my 1st fill 3 weeks ago, I got 5cc's on a 10 band. I have been having a hard time with "full feel" too. it seems to take at least an hr before I really "feel" full and by then I am over full. no restriction of course. I need to eat like it was full restriction but I can't.

I do know WHY I over eat, just cant seem to control it. SO I am patiently waiting for my next fill. it is in 2 weeks and I know it will not be the sweet spot but will be 1 step closer in the process.

I feel so much better knowing that I'm not a freak who the process is not working for...I didn't realize it would take so many fills to hit that sweet spot.

I do notice that if I eat a little too fast or don't chew a bite quite enough I get the lump in the belly. It goes away within a couple of minutes...I've been complaining about not feeling restriction, however I'm paying more attn and I am actually eating slower and eating less than before...For example I used to eat a large sub sandwich...Now I eat about 3/4's of a small.

I have to have a snack or two during the day too, which is new to me...I was NEVER a snacker (though I know it's good to each a couple of healthy snacks), but I guess now that I eat a little less, my stomach empties quicker and once it's empty I am stomach twisting ravenous...but a small snack does me for a while...

So, I am actually modifying my habits here and there without really even doing so on purpose. I haven't felt at all deprived or like I'm on a 'diet', so my mental state is 'content'. :thumbup:

I am 22 months post op. I have had numerous fills. I read in a lapband book(from True Results) that a person can loose Fluid every 6 months.1/3 of a cc?? something like that. My sweet spot is 7 CC's...I do not remember what I started with be patient...and get your fills, I did one every other month to 7cc. Now I go every six months, Good Luck..

I had the same problem and found out my port was leaking 3 months post op. I got the port replaced and i am still trying to find my sweet spot. I hace 8cc's in now and i am not sure if it is enough.

got my second fill today, I think I GET IT now! I got another 2.5cc for a total of 7.5 in a 10 band. I dont think its the sweet spot but I can no longer chug Water, have to sip it slow. In a few days will be back on full solids and I suspect I will have to eat real slow.

bout time, this could work!

I still have hardly any restriction. My husband thinks I've grown a stomach bypass! Right after my 3rd fill in Sep, I felt like I had some maybe at first, but it's completely gone now...And my doctor's office is starting to make me wonder....

Twice when I have been in for fills, the person doing the fill has referenced the realize band, but then when I say I have the lap band, they do a double take and backpeddle and say, 'Oh, yesh, you do have the lap band'...When I had my actual surgery, I selected Dr Feiz, but when I went in, Dr Misra actually did it. I found out Dr Feiz wasn't doing it when I looked down at my arm band and questioned why it said Misra...The staff disappeared for a bit and then came back and said Feiz had a problem with his hands that day...Now every time I schedule a fill, I end up with a call back asking if I can reschedule for a different day or maybe go to a different location...

I'm starting to get ticked. And starting to question my surgery...Did they put the wrong band in me? Did the surgeon I ended up with have as much expertise as the one I chose? Do I have a leak in my band or something?

I don't know if a person can switch their doc and have it covered under their insurance...I'll have to call my case worker. I'm just really losing faith in the doc I picked.

I am 15 months out and down 80 lbs. I think you need to give up the idea of feeling "full" just eat the amount you know you should and eat the foods you know you should forget about the full feeling it never comes for some people. You just have to stop when you know you have eaten the right amount and your body will start to be happy with that portion size. I only have 3.8ccs now in my 10cc - just had .2ccs removed today. Everyone does not need a lot of fill. You may be waiting for a feeling that you will never have.

Cheri

Cheri

I am at 7cc's out of 14cc and I am occasionally feeling restriction when I eat too fast or take too big of a bite. From the reading I did on this board before surgery, I expected it to take up to 6 months +- to hit my sweet spot and that is what my doc is telling me now. Remember it took us years to put this weight on; it won't come off in the blink of an eye.

I try to focus on the other things that I have direct control over such as exercise or really watching what I put in my mouth. Drink and extra glass of Water or take the dog one more block on our walk. Don’t eat after dinner. I constantly keep telling myself that the band is a tool just like the hammer in my truck, not a magic bullet that cures all my ills. I have to know how to use it.

Stay positive, you’ll get there.

Dont mistake hurt(too fast or too big of a bite with restriction). Im not trying to be a know it all but I found out on Wednsday when I went for a fill. I assumed because I felt discomfort after a few bites (not all the time)I had restriction. My PA told me I shouldnt feel pain to know when Im done eating. He said I was eating too fast or too big of a bite or not chewing enough. He asked how much I can eat when I concetrate on chewing etc I can still eat alot when I dont feel pain. He said when you have proper restriction and do everything properly you shouldnt feel pain, you will just feel "full" sooner(less food)!

I've been banded for a couple weeks now and I have a 14cc band. During surgery my doc put in 5cc. After two weeks of discomfort, shortness of breath, shoulder pain, dry mouth, and just generally being uncomfortable all the time, I had the band emptied completely. Now I feel 100% normal, but I can only eat very little food before I get full, and I only have to eat two extremely small meals a day. I don't really get hungry at all during the day.

So for me, right now, an empty band is the way to go.

I have 7.5cc in a 10cc band.

It took a while, but I now have good restriction.