Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How do you know when you're full?

I just had my second fill last week and can relate now to the above sensations. I don't get full per se but will experience an uncomfortable sensation in my chest that feels like a baseball is lodged there. Also hiccups. I got pain just once from eating a scrambled egg too fast. But learning to slow down and listen to my body's signals is all new. I find now it will hurt to drink liquids right after eating so I wait a while. Unfortunately I can no longer get in the gallon of Fluid a day. I believe I have about 8cc in a 14cc band so I'm sure these signals are going to be more pronounced when I have the 3rd fill on the 27th.

I've lost weight w/o a fill, w/my 1st fill and now struggling after my 2nd fill. I can eat way too much still and I have discovered one signal (feeling like I have to vomit, but I don't) and yet I can still eat more. I know when I'm full when I feel like I've eaten the entire Christmas goose!! I'm guessing I need another fill.

It's been 3 weeks since surgery for me. I'm pretty much eating whatever I want, after chewing the "heck" out of it. I've realized that I can't eat as much as I'm accustomed to, I get the uncomfortable "full" feeling and I just stop. I can't tell you how much food I've had to either throw out or save until the next day because of this. I figure my brain has to catch up with the band's ability to restrict. I'm so concerned about making sure I don't do anything to cause the band to move until I make sure I don't overeat or overdrink ANYTHING !!!!

Ι had my first fill 3 days ago , 5cc

It s weird because today i ate for the first time 4 tablespoon of chicken and carrots.I was not full,in fact i could eat more but i didnt because i dont know how my body will react to my fill.After that,45 min later, i drank some Water, and some minutes later that was it ... I was soooo PFFF ..i was full like i ate a whole cow or something.For 2 hours i was feeling bloated without being bloated - if that makes sense-.It was a weird feeling and it was weird that it came up 1 whole hour after i ate.I can not know in advance if i eat enough or not :smile:

It's frustrating

Any ideas?

Edited by DIRKT32

Ι had my first fill 3 days ago , 5cc

It s weird because today i ate for the first time 4 tablespoon of chicken and carrots.I was not full,in fact i could eat more but i didnt because i dont know how my body will react to my fill.After that,45 min later, i drank some Water, and some minutes later that was it ... I was soooo PFFF ..i was full like i ate a hole cow or something.For 2 hours i was feeling bloated without being bloated - if that makes sense-.It was a weird feeling and it was weird that it came up 1 whole hour after i ate.I can not know in advance if i eat enough or not :smile:

It's frustrating

Any ideas?

It sounds like you were a little stuck!! It is more important now than ever to chew chew chew until the food in your mouth is the consistancy of water. Then wait for at least 30 seconds before taking the next bite. It is not unusual to not know you are stuck until you drink something. I have actually gone to bed and then when I got up in the morning, realized I was stuck when I drank my first cup of coffee. It will take a while to learn all of the stuff that you need to know. I am very close to my first bandiversary and I am still working on figuring things out... Hugs!!!

It sounds like you were a little stuck!! It is more important now than ever to chew chew chew until the food in your mouth is the consistancy of Water. Then wait for at least 30 seconds before taking the next bite. It is not unusual to not know you are stuck until you drink something. I have actually gone to bed and then when I got up in the morning, realized I was stuck when I drank my first cup of coffee. It will take a while to learn all of the stuff that you need to know. I am very close to my first bandiversary and I am still working on figuring things out... Hugs!!!

Wow you look great!

Wow you look great!

THANK YOU!!! :thumbup:

Hey..congrats on your surgery. For me, I didm't feel really full until the first two-three adjustments. I now can feel that I don't want any more food. You have to follow-up with you doctor every month. It's a must. I am 9 months out of surgery--lost alot more with the last adjustment. My loss has been slow but healthy. Good luck to you.

Your Dr should have given you a measurement of what a "meal" is. Mine is 4 oz, you REALLY need to weigh what you eat

Your Dr should have given you a measurement of what a "meal" is. Mine is 4 oz, you REALLY need to weigh what you eat

For me, weighing food is too much like a diet!! Diets don't work. I look at my fist and I figure I won't eat more than the size of it. However most of the time, I am unable to even eat that much.... It just gives me a reference point. The key is choosing the right foods, the rest will take care of itself... (My opinion) Hugs!!!

JoJo1 Thanks for the info.I think also that i was kind of stuck

BetsyB was right.. i dont really want to feel full (at least right away coz i feel pretty full after an hour or so - mind games?dont know..)

That's the catch with the band.We have to pay attention to our body and its needs,and not to our brain:thumbup: