Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Folks- Well it's beginning to happen. Yesterday I went with a co-worker to clean a woman's home we hadn't seen since the first part of June. I was banded June 29th. After being in her house a short while this woman approached my co-worker to ask if I had been ill recently. She thought I had cancer due to the weight loss! Well she asked me about it and I told her about being banded. She was so excited for me and relieved! I don't see it as much yet. I saw my eldest daughter last week for the first time since being banded. I have lost 40 lbs. to date. I was wearing some clothes that I haad in my closet that were too small before. Both my daughter and my mother say they're too big and make me look pregnant. I go for my second fill Monday and can hardly wait. This is the most weight I've lost in my life and it has been almost effortless. I rarely get hungry. I just hope the rest of the weight loss will be as easy as this has been.

It's great to get compliments! I know they really help me keep going. You are doing great, keep up the good work!

How wonderful to have your hard work start to show. I am sure it will help you through the next phase of weight loss now that you are more motivated and seeing the results. Keep it up and you will keep feeling better and better about yourself. I had my surgery 8 days ago and have lost 9 pounds. Hopefully in about 10 more pounds people will start noticing!! It is sooooo hard to keep to still just drinking the protien fluids and take Vitamins and nothing else.

You are absolutely correct, the compliments are really such a validation for all the hard work you've been doing. It wasn't until recently that people had been asking what i was doing because my face had changed.

I've also been able to finally get back into all those smaller clothes i had in the closer :biggrin:

Keep up the good work everyone :thumbup:

Congratulations, that's awesome!

Congratulations!

Someone at work asked me if I had cancer yesterday. I just told him I was fine and getting healthy. I was glad that he noticed a change though!

Why do you think it is that people think it is cancer or something? Are they gloomy-gus's or what? I just think that is kinda wierd!

Kelly:rolleyes:

CONGRATULATIONS. Those are the days that make you realize it was all worth while. Keep it up!!

That is awesome! It makes you want to work even harder doesn't it?!? You must feel great and I am really happy for you. Keep on keepin on!

Cancer (and AIDS) are the illnesses that people fear most and that are associated with extreme weight loss.

I just got my band, and I'm not sure what I'm going to tell acquaintances. I don't want to lie about the surgery. But I'm not sure whether they need to know.