Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can't get motivated to get back on track!!!!

I have been at the same exact weight for the past month. Then two weeks ago we were on vacation and since then I have not been able to get off the couch and get to the gym. I am just laying around doing nothing. I go back for a fill on Friday and I am so embarrassed that in 6 wks I have only lost about 5 or 6bls. I just don't know how to get motivated again and STOP EATING JUNK AND FRIED FOODS!!!!!! HELP!!!!:)

Actually the 5-6lb loss in 5-6 weeks is about normal; a pound a week. However, eating what you're eating without exercise is not going to allow you to lose for very long.

You really just need to kick yourself in the butt and get back on track. After a nice vacation I can imagine it'd be hard to get back into the routine of things, but you have to.

Take the junk food out of the house and realize that it's not healthy and won't help you get to your goal. Maybe start counting calories again and allow yourself to see just how unhealthy you may be eating.

I have been at the same exact weight for the past month. Then two weeks ago we were on vacation and since then I have not been able to get off the couch and get to the gym. I am just laying around doing nothing. I go back for a fill on Friday and I am so embarrassed that in 6 wks I have only lost about 5 or 6bls. I just don't know how to get motivated again and STOP EATING JUNK AND FRIED FOODS!!!!!! HELP!!!!:(

I feel your pain. I have been at the same weight for almost 3 months. I had surgery 3/24/10 and have had 4 fills, the last 2 did nothing, 2 months waisted! I have not lost any weight since June. I'm very discouraged and at the point I'm almost sorry I had this done. The stress of not losing any weight in almost 3 months doesn't please me. My primary doctor is furious with me, he basically gave up on me. He doesn't like the way my biartric doctor is handling this. He think the fills are way too far apart and I don't know what to do. I am going to see him tomorrow for my 5th fill and tell him how discusted I am. I am not eating junk foods, I'm hungury and never feel full. I need motivation also or a new plan of attack. Good Luck and God bless!. Eileen

I started logging into lapbandjourney.com again yesterday to count my calories and I had about 300 more than I should.. Actually feeling a little depressed as well can't seem to kick it. Thought I would have lost so much more than I have. Its depressing when all the way up until I went on vacation I was doing the right things and spending over an hour a day in the gym and still not losing, I don't drop anything until it is my time of the month and its so frustrating....UGGGHHHH

How many calories are you guys eating a day and how much exercise (intensity really) are you doing? Are you getting all of your Water and Protein in? I'm not sure if it'd help but somewhere on the board there is a plateau buster that may get you back on track.

Normally I don't go over 1200 calories a day with 1hr of intense treadmill/walking and jogging. Burning around 400 calories. But lately I am being really bad. I need to get my butt off the couch today and get moving.

That's a good amount, definitely. Just try to push yourself. Maybe start off slow, with 30 minutes, or even do two 15 minute sections broken up. This way you're at least moving!

Hugs for your struggles - this is a jounery not an overnight quick fix - We didn't gaint the weight overnight - it's not going to come off over night..

IMHO I think you should track your food as it's very easy to consume more than we think we are - all those little bites of this or that add up.

Pull up the bootstraps - quit freaking out - if you want to get healthy - then you gotta eat healthy and exercise. Your bands don't make your food choices you do..

As to feeling full - well that's a whole new ball game - full w/the band is diff that without - I can be physically full (and it takes a while to understand that) and still want to eat mentally - I don't find that my band takes away my hunger - it just makes me full on a smaller amount of food - but I still get hungry (mentally and physically)..

Always eat your hard protien first - stay away from sliders - they are usually high in calories and you won't stay full.

If your fills aren't doing anything - talk to your doctor, some docs take it slow - some are agressive - but your band is only a tool - and it's not going to work unless it's maintained, that's what you need to tell them.

Clean out your house of the junk foods if you can't say no to it and it's calling your name 24/7 - if it's not there you can't eat if - Find healthy Snacks - fruits veggies to eat when you are extra hungry - If I eat dinner and am still hungry I eat extra veggies ..

Also - vary your calories daily - 800-1200 is what I did during my weight loss phase - and I exercise 4-5 days a week.

I was a total slug bug prior to surgery - but I now go to the gym about 5-6 days a week - some days 2 hrs at a time - it's become a habit for me - and I know that without it I would not be able to maintain my weight loss..

Losing weight is really about a total lifetime lifestyle change - ya there are still days that I don't want to eat healthy - I want to be able to pig out on something high in fat or sugar - and I don't want to go to the gym. But doing those things is what got me fat in the 1st place - so I get off my butt and go - and I say no to the binging..

I hate the saying nothing taste as good as being thin - cuz it's not true - food still taste good - but Nothing taste as good as having your life back - being able to walk up a flight of stair without a second though - being ablle to have the energy to get thru the day.

Peeps - remember why you got banded - remember it's only a tool that the work is up to you.. Not the band - it's you who loses the weight the band doesn't do it for you..

Good food choices - exercise - band = success

Last month we went on vacation...and I fell into this same trap. I didn't lose or gain anything the whole month. I knew I needed a fill and got one a week ago. It made all the difference. I set that day as my "get back on track day" and began running on the treadmill again. I've lost 5 lbs. since my fill. I feel great. It's like giving a dog a bath...they hate it, but it feels so good after. That's what exercise is for me. You just have to make up your mind to do it...and do it. Don't give up!

My whole first year I struggled because not only did my insurance change (made it hard to pay for fills) but my doctor does not fill aggressively. Then got that last fill and bam what a difference it is no longer a struggle it is just happening. So please continue to work with your doctor. I now can make choices for the most part healthy. Anyway my point is I see people struggling and my heart goes out to them because I was there also. It will happen just keep headed toward the goal and good luck!

I am proud of myself went to the gym today for 50minutes and was able to do the whole 50 of walking and running about 20 minutes in total of running which I havent done before and my legs are sooooo sore for the first time ever!!!! I love it.

I am proud of myself went to the gym today for 50minutes and was able to do the whole 50 of walking and running about 20 minutes in total of running which I havent done before and my legs are sooooo sore for the first time ever!!!! I love it.

WTG :(:thumbup::tongue2::thumbup: