Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One obstacle to another..

They say things happen for a reason. Sometimes I honestly can't understand that. Here I sit in my hospital room after thinking that losing 111lbs would change my life. And then suddenly BAM!! Something else happens totally unrelated to the lapband.

For those not familiar with my case. In 2001 I had open heart surgery for an aortic Aneurysm and valve replacement. At the time I chose to have a pigs valve put in. Bad side is they only last for 10-12 years. I chose this because I didn't want to live on blood thinner for the rest of my life. Needless to say 5 days ago, the valve gave up and decided to colapse. My valve is currently bleeding pretty significantly so they are watching me until my surgeon returns on Monday. If I have any other signs of struggles they may have to do the surgery before then and I will need to choose another surgeon. I'd rather wait though because it's a very long and complicated operation and my surgeon is familiar with my case. So here I sit, being proded and poke with all types of tests to find out exactly why my valve colapsed so suddenly.

So I ask for prayers to be sent my way. Hope everyone else is doing well.

Ouch! I'll keep you in my thoughts.

I'm sorry you have to go through this! You're in my thoughts and prayers! :thumbup:

Thanks everyone. It means alot.

My hugs and prayers are with you. My daddy just had open heart surgery last Thursday. He did not have a valve replacement but he has an artery that looks like a curly fry (i know...lol) and it had blockage in 3 places. Everything went well and he is on the long slow road to recovery...he is 67. Good luck to you!! Let us know how everything goes!!!

Don't you give up or give in!!!! You are in my prayers. Be encouraged!

First congrats on losing 111lbs, that is truly amazing! Sorry for this recent obstacle but keep your head high, things will get better. You'll be in my thoughts for a speedy recovery!

You will be in my prayers.

Thank you everyone. Things are going well. I will probably be having open heart surgery on Wednesday. I'm stable at the moment. I had heart catheterization today and there are no blockages. Just my aortic valve is leaking. I'm trying to stay strong.

Now I have to say I have an awesome lapband doctor. I was having problems the last 2 days with my band being too tight. I was freaking out because I'm in a heart and lung center. These doctors know nothing about the lapband. And I am about an hour away from where my lapband doctor is. So anyway since my lapband doctor is not affliated with this hospital I thought they were going to have to call another lapband doctor in. Well my doctor actually drove out here and removed ALL the Fluid from my band. He said he wanted me to be safe during open heart surgey and after he would put the fluid back in for me. I thought that was so awesome.

Anyway since I have been in the hospital I have lost 8 more pounds and I am now 2 lbs from goal. Of course I am hoping that I will not gain TOO much back beinging totally unfilled. I am watching my protion size. And my husband brought me my Protein supplements to the hospital.

Thanks for all of the prayers and well wishes. I will get over this bump and come out with flying colors.

prayers being sent!

I've been wondering how you were. Glad to hear you have such a great doctor. Keep us informed. I'll be thinking of you.

Yes, You are in my prayers. As I read your post, I thought of how life sometimes throws curve balls. But, you have tackled the obesity component. You are a success. Post us as soon as you can.