Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else have pain/burning sensation?

I am 13 days post op. I was feeling fine other than the occasional tugging sensation where my port is on Thursday. Since then I have been having a burning sensation around the port area and a little pain and burning where I think the band may be. Seems to be worse when I sit up or get up from sitting or lying position.

Anyone else experienced this?

Wow guess I am the only one with the problem..talking about feeling alone lol

Good news though, pain has diminished to almost nothing now guess it was from the muscles? At least it is going away whew

Hi there,

Yes, I was banded on Aug 5th, and I occaisionaly have some buring like pain at the site where my port is, I was told that is from the area where the port is stitched healing. As a nurse it seems to be the right symptoms. I notice mine if I lean forward to much; it really has gotten better so hopefully yours will too; but, if not make sure you tell your doctor.

I was banded on July 8th. and I had the same burning/stinging sensation around my port incision. It's now completely gone and I really can't even tell my port is there now other than when I push on that area right there. But, I am able to sleep on my stomach and all. I did have to take 10 days of Bactrim because at about week 2 post op my port incision started oozing but, the antibiotics cleared it right up! My doctor did tell me that the stinging feeling was where the port was stitched to my abdominal muscle and it was healing. Guess he was right...because I don't feel it now! Good luck!

You are not alone. I am having that same feeling at first I thought it was my incision but the burning is below the incision. I have no idea what to do about it. I hope it just goes away.

I am happy to say it does go away. I had a doctors appointment a few days after posting, and he assured me it was just the muscles healing and could take a few weeks to do so. The very next week it was gone. Hang in there, it should just be temporary.....remember to call your doctor if it gets to painful

I am 3wks post op and I still have soreness on both sides. It seems like when I eat and my band is tight, I also get a pain in my port too. I don't know maybe its gas or Constipation. Everyday I feel a little better than the day before. Hang in there.

I am only in my 8 th day and the pain and the burning is so uncomfortable. I had very large hiatal hernia.Called my Dr twice the pain is right at my waistline. Saw him on my 7th day said evrything is ok I guess between the port and hernia he told me it could be 2-3 months having pain. I am also bruised in the area where the port is. The only way you can get relief is to lay down and you feel slight burning, then when I get up It hurts so much.No use taking pain medication it doesn't do a thing for this.

I am 3 weeks post op and have posted ALOT about my post op pain, It can hurt for along time!!!

I hurt a lot, a lot of the time, I use a heating pad! Feel better!

Joleen