Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5K ?

I completed my first 5k on Saturday even though I'm only on week 3. I didn't do terribly. First of all, I finished and to me that's a feat in itself! My pace was 13:44 and I finished at 42:44. Last night I went to complete week 3 day 2 and during the second three minute run, about a minute and a half into it, I had to slow down. I'm still sore from Saturday. :thumbup:

I completed my first 5k on Saturday even though I'm only on week 3. I didn't do terribly. First of all' date=' I finished and to me that's a feat in itself! My pace was 13:44 and I finished at 42:44. Last night I went to complete week 3 day 2 and during the second three minute run, about a minute and a half into it, I had to slow down. I'm still sore from Saturday. :unsure:[/quote']

Great Job. Signed up for my first 5K on 9/25. I will be on week 3 as well. It is a run/walk so I think I will be ok. I thought it would keep me motivated!

I wanted to start C25K and my friend discouraged me because of my weight. She said it would be to hard on my knees. I really want to run the 5K in my local town. Maybe I will say what the heck and do it! You guys are imspiring me. Thanks:)

I wanted to start C25K and my friend discouraged me because of my weight. She said it would be to hard on my knees. I really want to run the 5K in my local town. Maybe I will say what the heck and do it! You guys are imspiring me. Thanks:)

Definitely something to try, I have been doing it @ 329 lbs and still no knee blow out lol. If you have knee issues then definitely have a DR check it before you start but I just take it slow. I still have not fully completely W1D1 due to my size but I am close to being able to complete it, I think that will be a day to Celebrate more than completing the program.

I'm going to start this on MOnday.

I've had the app on my iPhone since forever now that I'm banded it's time to get it going.

Sounds like a good way to increase my losses.

Doing another 5k on Sunday :thumbup:

I'm going to start this on MOnday.

I've had the app on my iPhone since forever now that I'm banded it's time to get it going.

Sounds like a good way to increase my losses.

There is an app for it?!? I will have to look for it.

I just started this today. I have told everyone I know about it so hopefully I can stay motivated. I have never had a deep love for running (I have always been a swimmer), so I know staying motivated with this will be challenge for me. I just figure I can do this at home on my treadmill instead of having to go to the gym for the pool, so this is a good way to get up and going!

I did week 4 Day 1 last night and it wasnt tough but not as tough as I thought it would be. In week 4 your start out with the usual 5 minute warm-up. Then you run for 3 minutes and walk for a minute and a half. Then you run for 5 minutes and then walk for 2 and a half minutes, run for 3 walk for 1:30, run for 5 then a 5 minute cool-down for a total of 31:30 minutes.

I did my second 5k this past sunday and although my time was 28 seconds slower than my 1st 5k I am still very proud of myself. During my first 5k I had two of my friends and my sister running along side me, pushing me and cheering me on. This time I had my husband (who has never run in his life, except for maybe when they made him in gym class in high school and who also NEVER exercises and could have beat the pants off of me anyway :thumbdown: :thumbdown:) running along side me but I told him not to say much because he kept asking me if I was "OK" :rolleyes2: :thumbdown: and it got on my nerves quick! So I was the only one pushing me. And as we all know, when we don't have anyone pushing us besides ourselves it's so much easier to slow down or just walk.

Don't get me wrong. I totally love my husband for being there for me and running with me but he's not good with the motivational words so it's best if he keeps the talking to a minimum when he's running with me. :thumbup:

I'm running my 3rd 5k on October 2nd! :thumbdown:

Great job Amy!!!! My first 5k is Saturday. I am only on week 3 but I signed up to keep myself motivated. I would like to sign up for another one in November but I can't find any advertised yet. I will let you know how I do. My goal is 45 minutes. We shall see!!!

Ran my first 5k this morning. Met an lady before the race and paced myself with her. Finished in 41:33. Ready to improve time!!

Congratualtions on your race.:crying: I finished my first race last week in 45:38. I am running one tomorrow to and will try to be a little faster. Heck, we need to give ourselves credit - WE FINISHED A 5K!!! I couldn't even do that when I was a kid - I am 53 years old and I can run 3.1 miles!:biggrin:

sndycnrd - Good luck on your next race.

I signed up for another race in 2 weeks. The lady I met is running it and she says I should improve my time because it is paved and mostly flat. The course yesterday was gravel.

I never knew what couch to 5k was, but I'm totally pumped and excited to start! My only concern is my size. Looking at the program and considering my fitness level (I'm in fairly good shape despite my weight) I am still skeptical that I can do it. I am going to give it an honest go though.