Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

still going

Well this is so interesting, I went for my first visit to the dietation, and I am so close to not being 100 lbs over weight, like maybe 103 lbs over weight, that she said I need to be on this diet and handed it to me, and said " here you go, don't lose any weight and don;t gain any either, but write it all down, how funny. I am holding my own, with it and am jotting it all down. Medicare won't pay unless I follow the rules, but my other health is getting so bad I think they will pay for it anyway, but I'm following the rules right to the tee. I have been reading some other of the blogs and what is the pre opp liquid diet? I do not have a date yet and will probably be in nov sometime.

Aftr surgery, how do you handle the pills, some of the ones I take are so big, can I still take them? We live in a place that we have alot of winter folks that stay here for 3 months during the cold winters up north and we eat out alot, how do you handle that at a restraunt? can you just get Ice tea and not eat? I have so many questions HELP.

Well this is so interesting, I went for my first visit to the dietation, and I am so close to not being 100 lbs over weight, like maybe 103 lbs over weight, that she said I need to be on this diet and handed it to me, and said " here you go, don't lose any weight and don;t gain any either, but write it all down, how funny. I am holding my own, with it and am jotting it all down. Medicare won't pay unless I follow the rules, but my other health is getting so bad I think they will pay for it anyway, but I'm following the rules right to the tee. I have been reading some other of the blogs and what is the pre opp liquid diet? I do not have a date yet and will probably be in nov sometime.

Aftr surgery, how do you handle the pills, some of the ones I take are so big, can I still take them? We live in a place that we have alot of winter folks that stay here for 3 months during the cold winters up north and we eat out alot, how do you handle that at a restraunt? can you just get Ice tea and not eat? I have so many questions HELP.

Hi Mellani, I'm Dawn. Congratulations on the start of your journey. Let me try and answer some of your questions.

Pre-op liquid diet is just what it says. Some people don't have to do it. I had to do it for 2 weeks before surgery. It's all liquids and nothing else. Plus your Protein drinks. This is to shrink your liver so that the doctor can move around better in your stomach. It along with the first 2 weeks of banded life are probably the hardest part of the entire process.

As for your pills, you are supposed to have pills any bigger than the size of an M&M. If they are you will have to crush them or ask your doctor to give you the liquid form if they come in liquid.

As for the restruant what most of us do is order and ask for a box right away. Put most of your food in there to take home and only leave your 1/2 to 1 cup of food on your plate. Then you won't be tempted to eat it all. Or order a Soup like I do. And yes you can order an ice tea or a glass of Water. Just don't drink and eat at the same time. If they have anything to say at the resturaunt you simply tell them that you are on a special diet and can't eat right now. You can actually order one of those cards from The Preferred Weight Loss Surgery | LAP-BAND® to show the waiter.

Good luck and hope this has helped you. If you have any further questions please feel free to ask. keep us posted on your progress.

HI Dawn,

Thank you so much , I am so looking forward to this, and I know the first will be the hardest, but being on a diet of any kind is always hard but we all know that 1 good meal will undo weeks of starving your self, , I really just want my health back, just put me on insulan and I just hate it, and the blood pressure pills are awful too, I don;t want to have to take 30 pills a day.

I have to go through 3 more months of the diatition, I still have not seen the Dr yet, looking forward to that also.

Thanks for all the info.

Mellani

HI Dawn,

Thank you so much , I am so looking forward to this, and I know the first will be the hardest, but being on a diet of any kind is always hard but we all know that 1 good meal will undo weeks of starving your self, , I really just want my health back, just put me on insulan and I just hate it, and the blood pressure pills are awful too, I don;t want to have to take 30 pills a day.

I have to go through 3 more months of the diatition, I still have not seen the Dr yet, looking forward to that also.

Thanks for all the info.

Mellani

Well if it's any help, most people who have the lapband are off their medications within the first 4-6 months. Although everyone is different there is a big chance you will get off of yours too. I have to agree with you diets suck!! That's why I think many are successful with the lapband because it's not a diet. It's a lifestyle change. It's also a tool. And it's not something that can just be put inside of you, and miracously you will start losing the weight over night. It takes ALOT of work. So even though the begining of the process is the hardest, the payoff is wonderful. So all I can say is hang in there. It will all be worth it to you. I have no regrets at all except that I didn't get it done sooner. The lapband has saved my life.