Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Half Marathon!

I signed up to participate in a half marathon! (Notice I didn't say I was going to run or compete) I am going to run as much as I can and walk the rest. They give us 4 1/2 hours to finish and here is a picture of the finishers medal that they are giving.

Its on 10-10-10 the same day my stepson Kyle is running a full marathon in Chicago to qualify for the Boston marathon. :thumbup:

I am nervous and excited!

post-281008-13813139517425_thumb.jpg

I signed up to participate in a half marathon! (Notice I didn't say I was going to run or compete) I am going to run as much as I can and walk the rest. They give us 4 1/2 hours to finish and here is a picture of the finishers medal that they are giving.

[ATTACH]19982[/ATTACH]

Its on 10-10-10 the same day my stepson Kyle is running a full marathon in Chicago to qualify for the Boston marathon. :thumbup:

Woohoo!!! That's amazing! Good luck and have fun!

[ATTACH]19982[/ATTACH]

Congratulations and good luck! I am signed up to walk in a 1/2 marathon in January.

Congrats Leigha!! Lots of luck!

I'm hoping to run a 1/2 marathon next Feb (of 2012) in Disney World. It's the Princess 1/2 marathon. I thought it would be cool if that were my 1st marathon since I'm such a huge Disney World freak :thumbup: The only thing that will stop me is if I'm pregnant (of course) or if I have given birth shortly before.

That is one of the COOLEST finisher's medals I've ever seen! LOVE it!

Where and when is your event?

Its in Tyler, TX on 10/10/10. Tyler area grows the majority of the rose bushes that are sold in America's garden centers so we are called the Rose Capital of the World.

Here is the link :Home - Tyler Rose Marathon

Thats Awesome! Cant wait to hear how it goes!

Wow so cool good luck to you. I am signed up for my first 1/2 marathon 9/26/10 in bellingham WA. My wife and I are doing this together and we are excited about it. We walked 13.2 miles yesterday just to get a feel for it and gauge what are time woould be just walking. Our event gives a 6 hr time limit. We walked 6--2.2 miles loop around our house and with bathroom breaks we finished in 4hrs and 30 minutes. Without the breaks we figured we would have finished in 4hr 10 minutes or so. We walked--did not run or jog. You should be just fine. I would suggest building up your endurance if you are not already doing so. I am doing 2 hrs of step aerobics 2 hrs of sipn classes each week. In addition I plan on walking 4-6 miles 4 days a week and walking 8-10 miles every Saturday until a week prior just to adapt to the mileage.

Let us know how you do.

Congrats Leigha!! Lots of luck!

I'm hoping to run a 1/2 marathon next Feb (of 2012) in Disney World. It's the Princess 1/2 marathon. I thought it would be cool if that were my 1st marathon since I'm such a huge Disney World freak :) The only thing that will stop me is if I'm pregnant (of course) or if I have given birth shortly before.

Hey speaking of that I am working on getting entered in the 2011 Half Marathon in Disney. Sadly it is not the Princess one :(

Good luck, my first 1/2 was one of the highlights of my adult life. I've done 2 more since with #3 a few weeks away. Keep it up.

Thats great. No matter if you walk, jog or run at the end of the day those who finish accomplish the same distance. I registered for the L.A. Marathon in March. I completed it the 1st time at age of 39 & then at 40. I walked both of them and finished in 6 1/2 hrs. Im 48 yrs old now & looking forward to complete it once more. My goal is to participate in a triathalon for my 50th. Good luck to everyone. You can do it!

So how did it go?

So how did it go?

I hope Leigha comes back and tells us. I just completed my 4th half and in a new personal best. Time to update my signature :biggrin::laugh:

Well, I didn't participate in the half, I did run the jailbreak in September but I guess I chickened out on the half. My only excuse is that I have been trying to work through some of the issues that I have from the changes that I have gone through this year. I don't guess I realized how much the weight loss was going to affect my self image, relationships, etc.

I have been mad at my body for not responding as fast as I wanted it to and I really started being hard on myself so I am taking a break from pushing myself and just trying to find a place where I can workout without becoming obsessive about results.

On a lighter note, my stepson placed 895 in the Chicago marathon on that day and did qualify for Boston with a time of 3:05:01.

Leigha....we are so similar....as I've said before about hoping my maintenance is similar to yours, I would LOVE to get to that non obsessive phase too, LOL!

You rocked the jail break though!!! I'm doing the bike tour at the Pasadena marathon in February and I'm really looking forward to it!