Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Rush in bandland!

Still plodding along. I am a little over tight with10ml in my band but am loosing again slowly. Suffering a bit of reflux.

AmberK - would love to know how you are going with your sleeve.

Hope everyone else are still doing well. We have made it past 2 years. We should all be proud, no matter how successful our weight loss has or has not been, as long as we are feeling better about ourselves.

Cheers

It has been forever since I have visited this site... Things haven't gone as I'd hoped they would for the first year I lost 60lbs, but it has been a constant struggle with daily stuck episodes at EVERY meal, pb's and vomiting. So I have slid back into my bad eating habits and have actually put 30lbs back on. I am hungry all the time since I have resorted to slider foods because I don't want to get stuck so there is no point in getting my band filled if I get stuck every meal... Tired and frustrated. I've gotten to the point where I have accepted my weight and that my struggles of weight loss will never cease.

I finally made it to 1derland yesterday. Stepped on the scale 3 times in 3 different places to make sure that I really did get there. I haven't seen my weight start with a 1 in over 15 years, and that was for just a few weeks before I got pregnant with my first child. Now, I'm going to start saving money to get all of the access skin removed. My doctor told me I have about 20 pounds if not more of extra skin. It is causing sores, so I'm hoping that insurance might cover it.

Looks like no one comes here anymore... I wonder how my old friends are doing if they have had better luck then I. I hope to hear all about you guys again.

Hello! I don't come here any longer because I don't want to hear about everyone's success! LOL. I had port issues and it took my doc 2 years to discover why it wasn't working. Got that replaced and I just can't keep my head in the diet game so I'm not losing at all. I lost a total of about 35-40 lbs. Very disappointing. I got an email alert to your post so thought I would stop in and say hi.

Looks like no one visits this forum anymore. I could not access my old account so unfortunately I had to create a new one. I wonder how all my other friends are doing. Me it's been up and down. I finally went back to my doc and got a 2.5cc fill last wednesday. and I am tight but I'm hoping it will subside. Hopefully someone from back in the day will look here and see my post and will let me know how your doing….

By the way I'm zeniada same as the other poster on this thread Ha Ha

Hi, I was on this topic also. I had my surgery back in 8/2010.

I didn't have the results I wanted. I'm still not at goal. Partly my fault. I didn't have much restriction, I could still eat a whole sandwich bread & all. Even though my surgeon did a great job. He was very, very conservative in his fills and dealing with his office staff was unbearable for me so I stopped going . In November 2013 I decided to look for a new surgeon so that I can finally meet my goal. The new surgeon did a swallow test & said that I didn't have much restriction at all. Now the problem is that I'm very tight . I've had more pb'ing than I've ever had. If I eat 1 bite of chicken & forget to do a small bite & chew thoroughly , I'm in the bathroom choking and finding like many bandsters that the junky stuff goes down fine. I was never much of a junk eater though. Since I got that fill . I am down another 20 lbs. I would really like to be & should be at goal now.

I suspect that most that were in this thread are at goal & happy. I wish they would come back & tell us where they are & how they got there.

Thankfully I haven't had any mechanical problems with my band & I hope I never do. There's so much complaining & putting down of the band on here. I don't come in as much as I did before it changed over to this new site.

I did very good for awhile then my band failed :( had such bad acid reflux vomiting in my sleep couldn't keep anything down so i gained weight eating soft food 30lbs! I wasn't happy. I just had a revision to gastric sleeve in jan. I am down 28 lbs from that surgery. I losing slowly as the doc said i would. I hope everyone is doing well and continues to lose. Take care