Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Rush in bandland!

Happy New Year's August Rush in Bandland! Let's hope that 2012 makes us all even more successful in the weight loss! I'm hoping that by my 2 year anniversary I will be done and will be able to just do maintenance! Here's to a happy and healthy new year!

I haven't checked in for a while now. I had my Tummy Tuck a couple of weeks ago and I'm doing awesome! I'm even maintaining my weight loss. I was scared of gaining weight while I was sitting around the house doing nothing but so far so good:)

Hello everyone,

I have not been on in months. I stopped posting here because I was not getting any feed back at all and at the time I really needed the support so I went elsewhere.

I have not made goal yet but lately I have been on a roll and like Lap2fab I'm hoping to make my 2 yr surgiversary my goal date. Well, hopefully by 8/12 I will be at goal and maintaining .

I take comfort in the fact that most Drs say that you will only lose 1/2 your excess weight in the first year. Even though I was hoping to lose it all in year 1 it just didn't happen. My Dr. gives very conservative fills but I must admit that a lot of it has been my lack of discipline too.

This past year I have indulged in too many weekend drinks and I have not exercised consistently. This lap band really does require a lot of cooperation and it is not the easy way out.

I wish you all the best in the new year. I probably won't be back because I really got no support or feedback on this thread even though I was one of the first here but I really do wish you all well as we continue this journey. I'll check back when I meet goal.

MSDV - My weight loss has been super slow, and I know it is my fault. I should eat better. I shouldn't be drinking sweet tea (my downfall). I should exercise more and quit making excuses. It is hard. I wish there was a magic pill at times to fix this. I am happy though that I haven't gained weight. Even those times that I might not lose in a month, I have been able to maintain. That makes me happy because I used to gain weight. I tell myself that every pound I have lost is 1 pound that I will never see again.

Today is the start of a new new me. Yes, I put two news in there. My first new me was when I had the surgery. The new new me is the me that is going to start training for a 5k. I can do this. I have no doubt about it.

Our pastor at church yesterday told me that I was getting very skinny. I will take that any day of the week even Sundays.

That's great Monica! You can do it! Pay no attention to the time and just do it! I am going to do a Sprint Tri this year! I can't even believe I just typed that! I'm doing it with 3 friends and it's not about the time, it's about doing it! I guess that means I'll have to learn to swim better since I barely have worn a bathing suit in recent years, let alone get my face wet in the water! I'm on a mission to prove my cardiologists wrong when they said my heart would never get better! The surgery was just the first part of my plan, getting healthy, eating right, putting less stress on my heart....I'm going to show them all that I can make my heart better!

Good luck to you in the 5k! You won't regret doing it!

Thank you Monica for your response. I lost my original response.

I am just like you I am not losing the way I wanted but thanks to my band I do not gain the way I used to. We went on a cruise in November and I only gained 2 lbs. I promptly lost that when I returned home.

You've done great in losing 100lbs. We don't see ourselves as others see us so even if in our eyes we're moving slow. Others can see we are moving along.

Someone mentioned to me on Sunday that I was looking thin too.

Thank you again and KUTGW.

Dee

I've lost 65 lbs but am still wearing a size 22 jeans. sad.gif If it wasnt for my huge stomach I would be really happy but I hate my stomach. I guess that is what having 2 c-sections does for you.

I have 1 more week to go on this liquid/mushy diet and it hasnt been too bad. I've been doing lots of Soups which are all yummy. Nothing out of the can though. Tortilla Soup, broccoli cheese soup, chicken enchilada soup, potato cheese soup...all blended really well of course. I know they are not the healthiest but Im just trying to get through this phase. I think im definitely going to go back next Saturday to at least have the doctor see if my band has gone back to normal otherwise I will be scared to start eating solid foods again. But my reflux is gone so thats good!

I did the same thing. I went from a size 32 to a size 22 or 20, and I still have a pair of jeans that are a size 22 that fit comfortably. Then I was stuck on those sizes for what seemed like months. I was losing weight, but I wasn't shrinking in sizes any. It gets very frustrating. Then I got that horrid virus, and I dropped 4 sizes. It was insane. People were telling me that I was looking good, but I hadn't lost any weight. I don't know what happened, but it was the jump start I needed to do what I need to do.

I haven't been here since August and I have not been taking care of myself. As of last week I had gained 2 lbs a month for 4 months. Then I weighed today and I have picked up 4 pounds since last week. I know much of it is probably Fluid and I know I have been under a lot of stress and medicating with food.< /p>

I am taking better care of myself and plan to continue to do even better.

I have not been on in forever. I have been very upset that I am not where I wanted to be. I want to feel sorry for myself, but then I just sat down one day and took a hard look at where I was, where I am, and where I want to be. I started at 260 pounds. I am 5'5, 33 and mother of two.

I was banded in Aug of 2010 ( omg has it been a year and a half??? ) I now weigh between 214-216 so that puts me down 44-46 pounds. My goal was to lose 70-80 so I am half-way there. After talking to my doctor he says that this is really good for the first year. ( I don't feel that way )

Now here is where is that talking to myself came in. I am upset about not losing more but I have not done one single thing to try and help this band work! I'm a nurse and KNOW what I have to do. Exercise, eat better, NO SODAS!!! I do good for a day or two.....heck maybe even a week, but it is alway an either or situation. I'm eating good and no exercise or I'm exercising and not eating right. :/

So I have decided to check in once a week here because I know if I am screwing up I will hear about it. Even if I don't check in and look it is going to update my phone and I will know that someone is telling me to get off my lazy butt and do something!!! LOL I know it seems silly but I really think it is going to help. I see how great the site is and our group has always been wonderful!!! Now I want to be one of those wonderful people :)

My goal is to lose 8 lbs a month ( set by the Dr.) and my new years goal was to compete in a 5K with my best friend this year. I mean run, not walk hahahaha

I have went from a 24 to 16-18 and I can't tell you how amazing that has been!!! As I said I am a nurse and was wearing a 3xl scrub.......I have been in a job where I didn't wear scrubs for about 6 months and when I tried some on the other day they were all too big!!! I found that I could wear my XL "goal scrubs" AND have room in them. I cried!!

Sorry this is so long I guess I just had a lot to get off my chest :)

Good Luck to everyone!!!!

NightNurse, good for you for losing half the weight! I know most of us had unrealistic ideas of what the band was going to do for us. I'm just learning now how to work with it, believe me, having months and months of no change on the scale is frustrating to many of us!

I'm going to post more and use the website as a tool as well. Good luck this year, I have tried to make small changes and do them for two weeks to form a habit before adding on more goals. For example, I like to sometimes pull out my post op menus and use them to get me back on track or drink some EAS Protein Shakes just to get my mind back into using the band!

I gave up sodas two years ago as a New Years Resoluion and I'm so proud of myself, I still have an occasional rum and diet coke, but I'm not drinking a 2 liter of diet coke a day! If you don't put it in your cart, you won't have it in your house. My children have learned to like Crystal Light or water! Now when we go out, having soda is a big treat!

NightNurse, good for you for losing half the weight! I know most of us had unrealistic ideas of what the band was going to do for us. I'm just learning now how to work with it, believe me, having months and months of no change on the scale is frustrating to many of us!

I'm going to post more and use the website as a tool as well. Good luck this year, I have tried to make small changes and do them for two weeks to form a habit before adding on more goals. For example, I like to sometimes pull out my post op menus and use them to get me back on track or drink some EAS Protein Shakes just to get my mind back into using the band!

I gave up sodas two years ago as a New Years Resoluion and I'm so proud of myself, I still have an occasional rum and diet coke, but I'm not drinking a 2 liter of diet coke a day! If you don't put it in your cart, you won't have it in your house. My children have learned to like Crystal Light or water! Now when we go out, having soda is a big treat!

Thank you!!! It really helps to know that I am not the only one who is going through some of this stuff. I am going to take your advise and try to add one thing at a time and give myself two weeks to get it going good before adding something else. Like diet issues, then workout issues. I think it will make it easier than trying to do it all at once. I don't think it will be a big deal to give up the sodas I don't drink it very often anyways, but my other problem is that I just don't drink enought. I find that I have gone hours with nothing and I'm not really thirsty. I know this is a big hold up on weight loss.

Good Luck to you too!!! I look forward to following your progress!!! :)

Do you have a smart phone? I use an app called Waterlogged because I have the same problem! I set a reminder starting at 8:30am and it goes off every 2 hours to remind me to get my Water in...and you can log your water!

I do have a smartphone and that is a great idea!! I think having the app will help and I have really gotten addicted to logging things so I can keep track. :)

Happy new year everyone! I too have been at a stalemate. My surgeon tells me that he is happy with where I am. He reminded me that on average a bandster can expect to loose 40% of their excess weight. (I know the percent varies depending upon the doctor) He then went on to say that it doesn't mean that I can't lose the rest of the weight.

I too have the goal to be at goal and maintaining by this next August.

Good luck everyone!

Tried on clothes in regular sizes on Saturday for the first time in forever, and they fit. I was so excited!