Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Rush in bandland!

Big NSV-- just tried on my leather boots which were tough to zip up last year. Not only did they zip easily, but there was plenty of room in the calf. Now if it would only get cooler.....rolleyes.gif

First of October already! How is everyone doing? Marg congrats on those boots!

My weight loss has slowed, but I am still happy as to where I am at. I have had to step up my intensity levels on both the bike and eliptical. Completed my first 5k and at the end of this month will attempt a 1/2 marathon.

Went back east toured around and fell off the wagon for a few days after finding pumpkin donuts. Got over that and got back on the wagon.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Anyone interested in doing a 3 month challenge? It will get us all ready for the holidays and may motivate us to push harder in the journey! We can each add an additional tracker to our signature with our goal and check in at least once a week to post how we are doing!

Hi Everyone, Hope everyone is doing good. I have been struggling with loosing the same 3 pounds for the past couple of months. I have lost inches which I am happy about, but I just want that scale to go down!! I have been married for 21 years and last month my husband asked me to try on my wedding dress. I told him it would never fit, and he kept saying it would. Well I tried it on and it fit!! Its kind of crazy that it took 21 years for me to get back in my wedding dress but I did it!! that feeling was amazing!! 11:00 at night I am running around the house in my wedding dress....My kids thought I was crazy!!

I did have a question for everyone. Does anyone have acid reflux? mine is so bad that it wakes me up in the middle of the night sometimes with vomit. I take 4 omeprazole pills a day prescribed by my gastronologist and I don't eat after 5:00 Which is extremely difficult for me....I am a night snacker!! Just wondering if anyone else has that problem and if they found a solution? I go to the docs in Nov and am thinking about asking him to take a little out of the band to see if that helps.

Hi Everyone, Hope everyone is doing good. I have been struggling with loosing the same 3 pounds for the past couple of months. I have lost inches which I am happy about, but I just want that scale to go down!! I have been married for 21 years and last month my husband asked me to try on my wedding dress. I told him it would never fit, and he kept saying it would. Well I tried it on and it fit!! Its kind of crazy that it took 21 years for me to get back in my wedding dress but I did it!! that feeling was amazing!! 11:00 at night I am running around the house in my wedding dress....My kids thought I was crazy!!

I did have a question for everyone. Does anyone have acid reflux? mine is so bad that it wakes me up in the middle of the night sometimes with vomit. I take 4 omeprazole pills a day prescribed by my gastronologist and I don't eat after 5:00 Which is extremely difficult for me....I am a night snacker!! Just wondering if anyone else has that problem and if they found a solution? I go to the docs in Nov and am thinking about asking him to take a little out of the band to see if that helps.

Hi Julie,

I was hospitalized back in June because I got to where I could not swallow. I was having esophagus spasms. At first they thought I was overfilled so they completely unfilled me and it steadily got worse. I had an upper GI that showed what I was going through so they admitted me and scoped me to check it out. Everything was fine except my esophagus was extremely irritated from acid reflux. I gradually healed and have been fine until last week. The reflux is back!!!! I'm starting to have the spasms again so I called to get a rx for Dexilant. I never had this problem before the band. I am wondering if the band can cause it. Does anyone know the answer???

Hey Yall! This is the first time I've been back on here in a while. It's good to see that everyone is doing so well! I added before and after pics to my profile. How many of you have done the same?

Glad to see everyone!!

Im back to hard core dieting!! in less than three months ive lost 32 inches all around my body !! so now i wanna see the scale move more!

How are you all doing??

Jennifer

Hey Yall! This is the first time I've been back on here in a while. It's good to see that everyone is doing so well! I added before and after pics to my profile. How many of you have done the same?

Hi Julie,

I was hospitalized back in June because I got to where I could not swallow. I was having esophagus spasms. At first they thought I was overfilled so they completely unfilled me and it steadily got worse. I had an upper GI that showed what I was going through so they admitted me and scoped me to check it out. Everything was fine except my esophagus was extremely irritated from acid reflux. I gradually healed and have been fine until last week. The reflux is back!!!! I'm starting to have the spasms again so I called to get a rx for Dexilant. I never had this problem before the band. I am wondering if the band can cause it. Does anyone know the answer???

Hi Shelly, I haven't heard of that :( It sounds very painful. I hope you are doing better. Did the doctor say it was caused from the band? I know if the band is to tight it causes acid reflux and the cough at night. I was doing better but yesterday I got stuck and the rest of the day I couldn't hold anything down. I am happy I got this band because i have been able to drop 70 pounds, but a year out and I am trying to still figure it out!!

great job everyone! I was under a lot of stress so I put aside my dieting (spent a lot of time in a hospital) but believe it or not I managed to loose 4 pounds...back in the day I would have gained 20! Not to be relentless, but I sure do love my band! i am still exercising, but not as hard core as i used too. Hope everyone has a fun day, I plan on going to have a big fat bloody mary in a few hours!

Hi Shelly, I haven't heard of that :( It sounds very painful. I hope you are doing better. Did the doctor say it was caused from the band? I know if the band is to tight it causes acid reflux and the cough at night. I was doing better but yesterday I got stuck and the rest of the day I couldn't hold anything down. I am happy I got this band because i have been able to drop 70 pounds, but a year out and I am trying to still figure it out!!

Here's the latest update. I have had SEVERE abdomen pain since last wednesday. On friday I had an upper GI and blood work that shows nothing. Monday I am being scoped and hopefully thet will figure out whats going on. They think its either gastritis, ulcers or erosion. The pain is so bad that I cannot walk. I feel like hot knives are stabbing me. I am at the end of my rope. Before the band I didnt have any of these problems. If its erosion, the band will have to be removed. If its ulcers or gastritis, I am seriously thinking about have the band removed once I feel a little better. I love my band...dont get me wrong , I look and feel great when I'm not sick, BUT i do not love being bed ridden and in pain. I dont care how skinny I am if I cant live my life.

The Dr told me that the band can cause reflux and once the acid backs up that it is trapped if your pouch is full allowing it time to do it's damage. Since being banded, I am now also hypoglycemic and he wants me to eat several small meals a day to keep my blood sugar leveled off so theres frequently food in my pouch. I'm completely unfilled. All of this makes me very sad and depressed! I was self pay and the thought of paying again 14 months later is terrible too! I want to be NORMAL again!

Here's the latest update. I have had SEVERE abdomen pain since last wednesday. On friday I had an upper GI and blood work that shows nothing. Monday I am being scoped and hopefully thet will figure out whats going on. They think its either gastritis, ulcers or erosion. The pain is so bad that I cannot walk. I feel like hot knives are stabbing me. I am at the end of my rope. Before the band I didnt have any of these problems. If its erosion, the band will have to be removed. If its ulcers or gastritis, I am seriously thinking about have the band removed once I feel a little better. I love my band...dont get me wrong , I look and feel great when I'm not sick, BUT i do not love being bed ridden and in pain. I dont care how skinny I am if I cant live my life.

The Dr told me that the band can cause reflux and once the acid backs up that it is trapped if your pouch is full allowing it time to do it's damage. Since being banded, I am now also hypoglycemic and he wants me to eat several small meals a day to keep my blood sugar leveled off so theres frequently food in my pouch. I'm completely unfilled. All of this makes me very sad and depressed! I was self pay and the thought of paying again 14 months later is terrible too! I want to be NORMAL again!

im so sorry you are going through all of this , ill keep you in my prayers, keep us informed please.

Jennifer

how is everyone doing this week!!! Im finally off of my month long plateau! hoping i can lose a few more this month at least. FRUSTRATING i tell you

Hello everybody! Things are going ok here. Im at 64 lbs lost but I havent lost anything in a few weeks. I know its my fault- I am so addicted to sweets right now its not even funny. I HAVE to stop eating that stuff and get back to my low carb eating again. But I do have an appt on the 7th for another fill since I am able to eat more than I should. I think I only need a small fill so Im looking forward to getting back to things. I am having some acid reflux issues though. Are any of you dealing with it and if so what meds do you take for it?

On a positive note I have had several NSV's! Im fitting into clothes that I havent worn in 6+ years! AND I saw a friend this past weekend who I havent seen since last December or January and she told me that she didnt recognize me because I had lost so much weight. That was an AWESOME feeling! Motivates me so much more now!

Anyways...hope all is well with everybody!

Hello everybody! Things are going ok here. Im at 64 lbs lost but I havent lost anything in a few weeks. I know its my fault- I am so addicted to sweets right now its not even funny. I HAVE to stop eating that stuff and get back to my low carb eating again. But I do have an appt on the 7th for another fill since I am able to eat more than I should. I think I only need a small fill so Im looking forward to getting back to things. I am having some acid reflux issues though. Are any of you dealing with it and if so what meds do you take for it?

On a positive note I have had several NSV's! Im fitting into clothes that I havent worn in 6+ years! AND I saw a friend this past weekend who I havent seen since last December or January and she told me that she didnt recognize me because I had lost so much weight. That was an AWESOME feeling! Motivates me so much more now!

Anyways...hope all is well with everybody!

Awesome Amber , Everyone says something with me now too!! only took 72 lbs lol. i feel alot better , although i gotta figure out a way of not feeling "fat" still. Im my worst enemy at times.

Congrats!!

Jennifer