Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Rush in bandland!

My scale isn't budging right now but my size 8 jeans are baggy. Is it possible I'm a size 6 now? I just can't believe it! Definitely going shopping this Saturday though.

Today I hit 55 lbs lost! That feels really good to say that! And I actually got out of the house and walked for 30 minutes today! Im really going to try and do this every day too! It feels good to finally be feeling good again!

Ok everyone !!! check in and tell us how your month is going!! we are all here to motivate and support each other!!!!

Thats awesome Amber!

I start back to college next week. That should help me get the rest of my weight off. When I'm in school I'm too busy to eat so I stick to 3 meals and no Snacks.

On a side note, am I the only one that is UBER annoyed by all these ads on the site? I have a little pop up ad that comes on when I'm on my iPhone. It drives me crazy:(

Good luck with college! I admire you for going back!

I start back to work next week. I am a preschool teacher and we have work week next week and then school starts after labor day. Im excited to get back into the swing of things.

On a good note for me- I pulled out a HUGE box of clothes that was in my closet that I havent been able to fit into for over 5 years now. Most of it I can wear now and then there are some that I can wear as I lose more weight! That feels really good. :)

Good luck with college! I admire you for going back!

I start back to work next week. I am a preschool teacher and we have work week next week and then school starts after labor day. Im excited to get back into the swing of things.

On a good note for me- I pulled out a HUGE box of clothes that was in my closet that I havent been able to fit into for over 5 years now. Most of it I can wear now and then there are some that I can wear as I lose more weight! That feels really good. :)

I'm having the hardest time eating during the day. I have zero appetite until the evening. It seems that at that point my band loosens. I'm still trying to figure all of this out.

My kids started back to school this week, and I start back to college for the first time in 19 years (YIKES!) on Monday. I'm nervous. I'm excited, and I'm kind of overwhelmed.

The scale hasn't moved in a month, but I can tell a HUGE difference in my clothes. Everything is falling off, and I mean that literally. I need to do another closet purge. I did see family that I haven't seen since Thanksgiving over the weekend. My nephews (22 and 20) didn't recognize me. Everybody couldn't believe how much weight I have lost since November. My brother told me that he can tell that I've been working out. That I look great. Man, it was great for the ego. Think I'm going to go and buy myself a little something to meet Hubster at the airport in Friday night. He has been gone for 2 weeks thanks to the Navy.

I'm loving life right now. Going to start training for a 5k that a bunch of Seabee wives are going to run during the fall. I'm excited, and I would have never dreamed of doing something like that a year ago.

2 more day till my bandaverisry!!! down 55lbs feel so good I take the stairs now instead of the elevator have so much energy I;m so happy I did this..

Hey All! I need some help! I got a fill last week because I was still able to eat a considerable amount of bread with no problem. I had 6.5 in my band and went to 6.7. The first week has been harder and I'm wondering if I need an unfill or if this is how it has suppose to feel all along and I just have found the right restriction. For the first week, it has been very hard to keep food down or to eat small amounts of food. I feel like it hurts just to eat. Could it be that it's too tight or could it be that I'm eating too fast because I haven't had enough restriction? It's starting to get easier and doesn't hurt as much, so I'm thinking of sticking with it unless it goes back to painful. But I also have no appetite, I have to set a reminder on my phone to eat and drink! Does that make sense? How does the right restriction feel? I've been doing this for a year and had no idea that this was how restriction felt! Duh! :)

Shelly

My scale isn't budging right now but my size 8 jeans are baggy. Is it possible I'm a size 6 now? I just can't believe it! Definitely going shopping this Saturday though.

I'm sooo happy for you! Size 8 baggy...how exciting!

For my last few fills I've been swollen and had a hard time eating for the first 10-12 days afterwards but by 14 days I was back to eating fine again. If I were you I might would just wait it out a little longer unless you start having heartburn, reflux or night coughs.

Thanks:) It feels so odd to me to be in a size 6 but exciting:)

Hey All! I need some help! I got a fill last week because I was still able to eat a considerable amount of bread with no problem. I had 6.5 in my band and went to 6.7. The first week has been harder and I'm wondering if I need an unfill or if this is how it has suppose to feel all along and I just have found the right restriction. For the first week, it has been very hard to keep food down or to eat small amounts of food. I feel like it hurts just to eat. Could it be that it's too tight or could it be that I'm eating too fast because I haven't had enough restriction? It's starting to get easier and doesn't hurt as much, so I'm thinking of sticking with it unless it goes back to painful. But I also have no appetite, I have to set a reminder on my phone to eat and drink! Does that make sense? How does the right restriction feel? I've been doing this for a year and had no idea that this was how restriction felt! Duh! :)

Shelly

It makes perfect sense because that is me to a T. I have had the hardest time eating. Things I used to could eat, I can't any more. I can't eat bread. I can't eat iceberg lettuce, but I can eat butter lettuce. I had a fill on July 9, and I've waited it out. My band loosens in the evening, so I can eat more. I forget to eat . Plus nothing sounds good at all. I'm having to reteach myself how to eat. I don't have any appetite at all.

Well Here I am...checking in after 1 year....from surgery date, I am down 85 pounds. I haven't lost much this summer...I need to be really honest. I am 15 pounds shy of my one year goal....The reason? well I know the reason. I guess the truth is I haven't been back here posting in awhile. I thouroughly enjoy my life now. I don't "diet" I do rely on my band and eat whatever I want, in small portions and I guess it's not enough to LOSE right now. I will also be honest and say that although I move a TON more, I do not "exercise"

I know, I know....I need to make some serious changes to get back on the losing band wagon.

I'm comfortable at my size 14 and Large or XL tops....I look like a different person and feel like a different person. I feel "normal" But I have bigger goals for myself and I need to start working again.

I'm back....and hope to post and read more regularly to keep this on my mind

Thanks for listening. How is everyone else doing?

Tara

I am now at 1 year post op and have lost 50% of my excess weight - 32kgs. I feel great and cant wait to get down a bit more but have to start putting in the work.

Good luck to everyone.

JanB i hear ya! i am having to up my resistance level and juggle my intake to keep on losing. They say that as we get closer to goal the harder it is to lose the remaining poundage. sigh...

Tara welcome back, we all fall off the wagon every once in a while. it sounds as if you know where and why you went where you did. Forgive yourself and hop back on the wagon.

congrats to everyone for making it this far. :lol: