Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Rush in bandland!

Hey Khloe and Msdeevee, i know you guys can do it, you are right follow the rules, excersice, and keep a great relationship with your surgeon. I lose very slow (what i think is slow) but my Dr. is very satisfied. There were months were i would only lose 1 or two pounds! I think great support is the key also, kinda keeps us accountable. Given the fact that we were all banded in August we are like our own little support group. Khloe yes you are right, just start over, and start with a fill if you are able to eat lagre portions and are not satisfied. If anyone needs to talk for support and/or motivation please just inbox me and i will be glad to chat!!!

We will all get there together, 1lb at a time!!!!

Thanx Dena, I needed that!!

Have finally hit the half way point on this journey, and it feels good. Motivates me to get going and lose the last of this weight.

Khloe - Start over. You know what is wrong. You can do this. Today is the start of a brand new day for you. It is a new beginning. Whatever happened yesterday, last week, last month, or last year is in your past. Learn from it. Own it. You can do it.

Sweets are my downfall too. My name is Monica, and I'm a sugarholic.

CONFESSIONAL:

9 months since surgery. Starting weight 223lb (yes not that much, but heaviest ive ever been). Lowest weight 202lb. Current weight 208lb.

I'm struggling ... physically, mentally, and emotionally ... with this band. I thought I was prepared, but I'm realizing I never fully prepared myself the way I should have about the band. It was all about losing the weight ... and now I've slipped back into old, unhealthy eating habits. Sweets (my favorite) are probably one of the easiest things to go through the band. I can't believe that we're rounding out our one year surgiversary and all of you have done so FABULOUSLY (kudos and im so proud of all of you). But I feel like incredibly left behind to no fault but my own. I could kick myself for it!!! I've lost hardly ANY weight!

Now more than ever, its not just about the weight. Its about my health. I want to be healthy and learn how not to destroy the beautiful body that was given to me. I want to show my Dad that losing weight and being healthy to avoid a family history of Diabetes IS possible.

Where do I even start now? Another fill?

Thanks for hearing me out ... I wanted to get everything off my chest. Hopefully its the first step to my "band recovery".

Hi Khloe,

You sound exactly like me! I wouldn't wish this difficulty on anyone but was actually glad to see someone else having the same problems as me.

We can do this!! We have to step back and look at this gift we have been given! I don't want to fail at this and I need a fresh start. Your message and the replys from others make me feel better. I am not alone.

I wish you the best!! Please let me know how things are going with you. Thank you!

I'm now officially below 250. I have met goal number 2.

Sweets are my problem also. The richer it is the more I like it and the sweets always go down so easily!

Congrats On your goal Monica!

Well everyone...just stopping by and checking in. Belive it or not I am now in a size 13 misses or a 15 junior! WOW it has been one hell of a long time since I could fit into a Jr. size! No more shopping in the plus sizes for me..I am now just a normal shopper! I can't describe how good it feels.

Although my weightloss has slowed down, my body is still changing. I went from a 16 plus size to a 13 in about two months even though I have only lost three pounds. So that right there should tell you not to regaurd that scale so much...but better yet just keep on exercising. For the most part, I don't feel like I am dieting....although I can't wait now to get to onederland so I will probably step it up a notch....but I do keep my journal and write everything down that I eat and drink. I am over half way and only have 40 more pounds to go! Hard work? A little, but overall the good health I am feeling Makes it all worth while :Banane04: Take care everyone and keep up the good work!

Hey All! It has been way too long since I checked in. I have been from one plateau to another for the past 9 months. I had a very unreasonable expectation of what the band would do for me without realizing what I had to do for myself. My doctor has been okay with my weight loss because I have a heart condition, it is very hard for me to get my heart rate up with the meds I am on. I did run a 5k with some of my friends on Mother's Day, which I haven't done since I was diagnosed 5 years ago, I'm pretty happy about that. There were two of us with heart rate monitors on and I only burned 250 calories to her 800 calories. My nutritionist warned me that my body was fighting the loss every step of the way, and it sure has been a struggle to not see the scale go down. I have seen other changes though, I'm down 2 dress sizes and I'm wearing clothes that I stuck in the back of my closet for "someday!" Those clothes fit me today! :) My sons have both told me that they see a difference in me and my 8 year old gets excited when he can put his arms around my waste. I have had to slow my thinking down and remember what we all said at the beginning, that it's a journey, not a race. I hope all is well with everyone. I plan on being more active on the website again because I really think that not checking in has made me less accountable and I would like to keep the scale moving in the right direction again! I can not believe it's been 9 months since surgery!

CONGRATULATIONS Monica, Kelly, and Lap2Fab!!! And to everyone else. Keep up the great work.

Just a quick check in since I am at work but I wanted to thank everyone for the words of encouragement. So far, I have woken up at 6am 3 times this week to run 1-2 miles. And this week I have lost 3 pounds!

I'm regaining my focus and it feels FABULOUS! I almost had forgotten how great healthy eating and excercis can make you feel.

Sending well wishes and positivity everyone's way .... we've got this!

Its slow but coming off...44.3 lbs now!

how are y'all doing?

Hi everyone!

My weight loss has slowed down dramatically, when I went in for my fill on Friday I lost 2.5lbs in just over a month. I need to kick up the exercise for sure, I'm only going 2x a week - but work has been horrible and I go during lunch time. I need to get back on that routine and I know the weight will start coming off more. I'm 30lbs away from my goal weight so I know this is going to be super hard to get off...... I'm still pushing, coming on 30lbs!!

Everyone is doing so great, let's keep it up!

Sweets are my problem also. The richer it is the more I like it and the sweets always go down so easily!

Yes there is a definite design fault with the band when chocolate goes down sooo easily yet carrot and eggs and other green veg come back up. LOL

Mind you i would be devastated if i could never eat chocolate -I'd be thinner but non the less devastated!

Keep up the good work every one and fight those demon sugar/chocolate cravings. We can win!

slowly but surely I am losing the weight.... Cant believe it's gonna be 1 year in 3 months... I would never have been able to lose 40+ lbs with out this life saving Lap Band

Thank you Jesus for my life back :)!!!

Hey guys i am so excited, i just completed my 1st 5k race!!! It was a obesity and fitness walk/run that was sponserd my my hospital ans my bariatric clinic. It was a great turnout. I walked my 5k in 1hr and even managed to burn over 500 calories!!! Gosh that felt so good. Maybe the next time i will be able to run the 3miles, we'll see. I will post Pictures to my profile.

I hope everyone is well!!!!!

Hey guys i am so excited, i just completed my 1st 5k race!!! It was a obesity and fitness walk/run that was sponserd my my hospital ans my bariatric clinic. It was a great turnout. I walked my 5k in 1hr and even managed to burn over 500 calories!!! Gosh that felt so good. Maybe the next time i will be able to run the 3miles, we'll see. I will post Pictures to my profile.

I hope everyone is well!!!!!

Congrats to you Shadena!! You are doing so well.

So inspiring and encouraging. Keep it up you will be running it the next time for sure.

Dee

I got a fill today, I now have 6.5 ccs in my band, I think it's my 5th or 6th fill. I could tell that I didn't have enough restriction and I haven't been losing. Does anyone else look bloated when they get a fill? I was actually happy to see a picture of myself in my file today...wow...what a difference. The nurse said she didn't even know it was me! I'm only half way there! :) I feel like I'm back on track and I'm going to pay more attention to getting the rest of the weight off. Just being back on here and reading everyone's posts are motivating to me! Glad to be back! :)