Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Rush in bandland!

Just checking to see if my new avatar uploaded!

That is a great picture of you.

That is a great picture of you.

Well thank you very much tylee!

Hi All! I'm checking in too. My weight loss got off to a slow start, but I think I'm going down for now. I keep messing with the same 5 lbs by gaining/losing, but I think I have that under control. My band is at a good place. I know I need to get my a** on the treadmill and be consistent. Glad to see that you all are stil around and talking to each other. I felt like I needed to be in contact with some of you just to keep my confidence up and for support. Glad to read your questions and replies! Donna

Oh, I should never step on a scale before my actual weekly weigh in date. I really, really shouldn't, but I just couldn't help myself. I'm going to be weighed at the doctor's office today any way, so I stepped on the scale. It shows 9 pounds lost since Monday. I weigh in the exact same spot every single time. Surgery last Wednesday, not taking my bp meds with the Water pill all last week, and TOM could have resulted in that type of weight loss over the past couple of days. I can tell that I'm not as bloated.

I want that number on the scale to be right so bad. That would make me 1 pound away from goal number 2 which would put me at 249.5. I want to see that number start with 24 so bad that I can taste it. I want to be below 200 by Christmas. I can do this. I will do this. I'm going to make it.

Tylee, I am in anxious mode! Hoping that your scale was right and that you are closer to goal #2! I spent the last four weeks staying the same so I shook up my eating habits and changed my exercise routine around and have started to lose again. Lets hope that this continues to work.

Hey, guys just an update! First i want to say happy mothers day to all the banded mothers out there. Well guys I had my very first "stuck" episode tonight! I gagged alot until it went down but damn, that was a horrible feeling. All before my 9mos surgiverary. I just got a fill last week, so i think i am at 7.5cc's. My doc said that i only need to lose 10 more lbs and i will be at goal (my drs goal) so on monday i will be starting the firm express thin in 30. Its kinda like p90x but for women. Wish me luck!

Hey, guys just an update! First i want to say happy mothers day to all the banded mothers out there. Well guys I had my very first "stuck" episode tonight! I gagged alot until it went down but damn, that was a horrible feeling. All before my 9mos surgiverary. I just got a fill last week, so i think i am at 7.5cc's. My doc said that i only need to lose 10 more lbs and i will be at goal (my drs goal) so on monday i will be starting the firm express thin in 30. Its kinda like p90x but for women. Wish me luck!

ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS "YOU GO GIRL!!! "

I've had 2 stuck epi's and it's not a good feeling. That alone (to me) is reason to do the right thing and follow the rules.

Yes msdeeve that is the conclusion i came to last night!!!! But how have you been?

Had my fill last week and things are looking good, still had almost 7.5mls in my band so no leak, whoo hoo!! I now have 9ml and am definitely feeling it. Have had a couple of PB's and am now only able to eat between 1/2 - 1 cup of food (depending on what it is). I can not drink when i eat - something i have struggled with cause i like to drink with my meals, but now it sets off all sorts of discomfort and gurgles. I have been getting some heart burn but that seems to have settled as i am adjusting to eating less. Finger crossed that I am finally at my sweet spot. Oh and i have dropped a kilo this week.

And Happy Mothers Day to all you mothers.

(It is mothers day here today(Australia), not sure about the rest of the world)

Hello all of my fellow August Rushers!!! I am so wishing i was able to attend the WLSFA (Weight Loss Surgery Foundation of America)'s Meet and Greet in Las Vegas this weekend. I think we (the August Rushers) should try to get together and attend next year!!!! If you would like you can join in on the fun via the internet by going to: http://www.justin.tv/wlsfa

Other than that i am doing well, i got my Firm express dvd's last week and they are great but kicking my butt!!!!!! I really like that they are only 20 min workouts and once you get started they keep you motivated and before you know it i was done with my workout!!!! If anyone has the dvd's please let me know what you think, or if we can create a challenge for ourselves!!! As you my know i am only 9 lbs away from my dr's goal, and these are the hardest lbs to get off. So if there is any one who is doing any excercise challenges please let me know also.

Let me know!

Have a great week, everyone!

Hello all of my fellow August Rushers!!! I am so wishing i was able to attend the WLSFA (Weight Loss Surgery Foundation of America)'s Meet and Greet in Las Vegas this weekend. I think we (the August Rushers) should try to get together and attend next year!!!! If you would like you can join in on the fun via the internet by going to: http://www.justin.tv/wlsfa

Other than that i am doing well, i got my Firm express dvd's last week and they are great but kicking my butt!!!!!! I really like that they are only 20 min workouts and once you get started they keep you motivated and before you know it i was done with my workout!!!! If anyone has the dvd's please let me know what you think, or if we can create a challenge for ourselves!!! As you my know i am only 9 lbs away from my dr's goal, and these are the hardest lbs to get off. So if there is any one who is doing any excercise challenges please let me know also.

Let me know!

Have a great week, everyone!

Hey Dena,

Congrats on being so close to goal. You have done it!!

I'm ok. thanks for asking. Still struggling along. Losing very slowly but surely.

I know that I can be doing much better but I'm not consistent with my exercise. I can't eat much but I sometimes eat the wrong things. I won't be at goal by my 1 year surgiversary but I hope to be on a good losing streak.

Thanks for that link, I'll be checking it out.

CONFESSIONAL:

9 months since surgery. Starting weight 223lb (yes not that much, but heaviest ive ever been). Lowest weight 202lb. Current weight 208lb.

I'm struggling ... physically, mentally, and emotionally ... with this band. I thought I was prepared, but I'm realizing I never fully prepared myself the way I should have about the band. It was all about losing the weight ... and now I've slipped back into old, unhealthy eating habits. Sweets (my favorite) are probably one of the easiest things to go through the band. I can't believe that we're rounding out our one year surgiversary and all of you have done so FABULOUSLY (kudos and im so proud of all of you). But I feel like incredibly left behind to no fault but my own. I could kick myself for it!!! I've lost hardly ANY weight!

Now more than ever, its not just about the weight. Its about my health. I want to be healthy and learn how not to destroy the beautiful body that was given to me. I want to show my Dad that losing weight and being healthy to avoid a family history of Diabetes IS possible.

Where do I even start now? Another fill?

Thanks for hearing me out ... I wanted to get everything off my chest. Hopefully its the first step to my "band recovery".

You are not alone Khloe.

A lot of us are struggling. I have done Ok but I am disappointed and depressed today too that I have not lost more and like you it's mostly my fault.

It is truly a mind set that you have to have to push past your comfort zone.

It is taking me longer than I thought but I refuse to give up. I had surgery , I cannot fail with this band.

Perhaps you do need to go back to your surgeon and get a fill if you feel like you can eat more than you should. I have noticed that stuff that is not good for you are sliders and for the most part are sweets. Thankfully, I'm not into sweets but I do like food and I have been drinking alcohol more than I should.

I will be having another fill at the end of this month and I am working on my mind set so that I can get back on the horse and follow the rules. Almost every successful bander will say that "Follow the rules" !!

Today is a new day you can make a fresh start. So can I.

Hey Khloe and Msdeevee, i know you guys can do it, you are right follow the rules, excersice, and keep a great relationship with your surgeon. I lose very slow (what i think is slow) but my Dr. is very satisfied. There were months were i would only lose 1 or two pounds! I think great support is the key also, kinda keeps us accountable. Given the fact that we were all banded in August we are like our own little support group. Khloe yes you are right, just start over, and start with a fill if you are able to eat lagre portions and are not satisfied. If anyone needs to talk for support and/or motivation please just inbox me and i will be glad to chat!!!

We will all get there together, 1lb at a time!!!!