Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Rush in bandland!

:lol:Laurie, congrats on getting back to basics! JanB, I never thought in my life I would do a happy dance because someone ate and then threw up! Even though it is not what one wants to hear, but for you perhaps this might mean that you don't have to replace your band? Never give up!

Hi Everyone. It has been a little over 6 months for me, Aug. 3. I am losing weight but having a lot of problems following the "RULES". I know I would be doing better if I were following the program more carefully.;)

Hi Everyone. It has been a little over 6 months for me, Aug. 3. I am losing weight but having a lot of problems following the "RULES". I know I would be doing better if I were following the program more carefully.;)

I'm in the same boat as you!!! Could really be doing better but am not doing well with the "rules"...

Old habits die hard I have cut back on calories/fat and portion sizes but still dont get my H2o in nor do I walk or exercise...but the weight is coming off slowly but surely and that's what I'm happy about.

Could I be doing more to advance my weight loss? SURE!! Am I gonna kill myself trying to do it NO!

I want to enjoy my life not end up hating my band so I'll attempt to drink more Water and exercise but not gonna kill myself or let myself feel guilty for not doing it. :lol:

Happy Valentines Day to everyone! The first thing in my mouth this morning was a Hershey Kiss! (ONLY ONE) Banded or not, I still love chocolate! :)

This Wednesday will be 6 months for me. I, like everyone else, have had my good days and bad days BUT I do not regret it at all! Here I sit 30 lbs lighter and know that this weight will not come back to haunt me. I play with roughly 5lbs but thats ok because the scale is slowly moving in the right direction. I also do not have much restriction. Four fills and I have 5.75 cc in my band. I cannot get another fill till March 21. I need to get my butt back on the exercise program and stick with it!!!

Has anyone else noticed that there seems to be more Holidays now than ever before! LOL Since last August we've had to go through Labor Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New years and now Valentines....it's also Mardi Gras season here! Thats seven occasions that I normally would enjoy with lots of food or candy involved. March is my bday, April has Easter............it goes on and on. With that being said......I've decided that I'm going to LIVE my life and know that here will be days when a Hershey Kiss at 7am is OK!!! Hope everyone has a great day!!

Hey everyone,

I came looking for the thread because I guess most of us are approaching our 6 month surgiversary.

Mine will be on Wednesday too . I was banded 8/16/10.

I am down 39 lbs but like some of you have said I can be doing much better .

My biggest problem is the weekends my Dh and I are in the habit of eating out all weekend or getting take out. I also like to have drinks on the weekend. So whatever progress I make during the week is set back on the weekend.

I am recommitting to my band for the next 6 months still keeping the hope that I can be at or close to goal by my 1 year surgiversary.

I have to follow the rules every day and stop the drinking on the weekends. Alcohol stalls me and bloats me so no more for now.

Failure is not an option.

I can't remember the last time I checked in. Let's see what has been going on.

1. Found out my scales were weighing 7.5 pounds light because of a low battery. That nearly made me cry.

2. I have been having really bad episodes of nearly passing out, queasiness, fuzziness, blurriness in my left eye, and headaches. I did it at church on Wednesday night, and a nurse there thought I might be having low blow sugar issues. She did tell me to call my doctor to get checked. All I know is that when it happens, that it wipes me out for the rest of the day. I just want to sleep. This has put a damper on my workouts because of the lack of energy. I feel like my body is made of lead. This has been happening 1 or 2 times a day at the least.

Other than that, my weight is starting to go back down in the right direction. I at least have less than a 100 pounds to lose now. I did go get some clothes on Monday, and I actually buttoned a pair of 18s. When you go from 30/32s which were tight, to being able to button 18s it makes you feel fantastic. I actually put a 2xlg shirt on for the first time in I don't know how long. I'm 34 pounds away from being skinnier than my husband, and I tell him I'm going to get skinnier than him. I've never been skinnier than him the entire time we have been married. I am 9 pounds away from goal number 2 that I set for myself. I hope to be there by spring break.

Check in and tell us how you are all doing??? Im losing but slow and steady down over 40 now!!

Jennifer

Slow is the correct way to lose the weight. If you lose to fast your skin will sag and not have time to tighten on it own.

Averaging approx 2lbs / week. Following the rules with some slight deviations. Continue to force myself to exercise only because if I don't and wait for tomorrow, tomorrow never comes. My DH tried to persuade me with the phermone bit, I don't care how good I feel after exercising, I hate it, but I know that I need to do it so I do and I have made sure that I have no excuses...except when I don't get home until after 8:00 PM and then it is all I can do to speak with my DH and then go to sleep.

Looks like we are each finding our way through this process of learning.

Well as of this week my BMI is now Overweight instead of Obese:) I'm getting there. Though this week my band is wonky and I'm on liquids until Thursday. It's swollen or something and I can't hold down any food only liquids. I'm hoping that resolves by Thursday and there's not any real problem.

Oh and I'm not exercising either:( I know I should but I have 3 kids, a dh that's always working and I'm in college full time. Between classes, the kids and homework I honestly have no extra time right now.

My scale finally budged a few pounds! Not sure why since i've been horrible the last week or so. I was thinking i wasn't eating enough. I talked the the nutritionist and she said i needed more Fiber. I started eating more fiber so maybe she was right. I certainly hope the scale keeps going down. I'm desperately trying to eat more Protein too as i was seeing that i was not even close to my goals.

Why is it that food controls me. Seriously it's just food! once i eat it it's gone and you move on to the rest of your day. Argh!

Anyone wanna share your meal ideas...i'd LOVE to hear what people eat for meals! It might give me a better idea of what i should be doing!

Have a good week!

Hi All,

Today is my 6 Month Bandiversary!! I am down 43 pounds! I have gone back and forth with the same 5 lbs for the last 2 months but I am not worried about it! I just had surgery on Friday to remove a large ovarian mass and I am starting to feel a little better. I started the C25K in January using the iPhone app and I loved it, now to heal and get back to it. I am going for another fill on March 11 (I currently have 6 cc in a 14cc band) and I am not looking forward to the 8 hour drive but looking forward to not feeling hungry! WOOHOO this is a great day because I am sure I would be up 20 lbs if I hadn't gotten this surgery, I am so thankful for my lap-band. I honestly didn't think that at 6 months into I would still be learning but sure enough I am learning something new everyday.

Slow and steady wins the race... and is easier on the skin too! Have a great day everyone!! :)

Today is my 6 month bandiversary. I have 8cc in an 11cc Realize band. I am down 55 pounds and have 35 to go. I feel so much better and just feel LIGHT.

I had my 6th fill last week and just now got restriction. I have slimed twice and pb'd once. Wow. I started chewing and eating slower pronto.

I don't count calories, but eat smaller portions of meats and veggies. Greek yogurt daily. I do eat a treat twice a week, usually ice cream (small serving). No snacking or grazing. I stay satisfied for 4-5 hours and if I do get hungry before mealtime I just wait it out. I do drink vodka or wine twice a week and eat out.

75grams Protein and 75cc Water daily. I am not a very consistant exerciser, but ride my recumbant bike and use my exercise bands 3-4 times a week. Am looking forward to nice weather to get outside and walk.

I can't say it has been easy, I have had to use restrain on my eating, but I do believe the band has helped me stay focused and goal oriented.

Bonnie

Yes, I have found that there is a steep learning curve with the band. I am not where I want to be at least 60 lbs down but I am down almost 40 and if I had not been banded God knows where I'd be.

I have found the band to be harder than any plan I've ever done but I have no regrets and know that if I had lost it otherwise I would have been back up in my weight.

I hate the stalls and the plateaus but at least the scale is going down and I know that would not be the case with anything else.

I have learned that I cannot drink any alcohol because it stalls me so in my case having those drinks on the weekend just caused me to have back to back stalls.

So for the next 6 months I'm ramping up my exercise by joining the gym and watching my portions and quality of food and I'm sorely in need of a fill which I'll get on 3/9/10. I'm also going to do a 24 hr detox every Monday.

I still have hopes of reaching my goal by 8/16/11...my 1 year surgiversary.

We will all make our goals.