Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Rush in bandland!

Ive lost 14 pounds in the last 2 weeks. Im supposed to go in for a fill on Thursday, but I think I might wait.

WAY TO GO!!!!! I'm happy to hear that! I've been at a standstill for a while. Let us in on what is working for you. I'm curious what you are eating daily and how much exercise you are doing.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!

WAY TO GO!!!!! I'm happy to hear that! I've been at a standstill for a while. Let us in on what is working for you. I'm curious what you are eating daily and how much exercise you are doing.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!

I start off every day with a Protein Shake. That has been the biggest help. I work out 4 to 5 days a week doing one of the 5 Leslie Sansone dvds I own. I cut out sweet tea and coffee. This was a huge downfall for me.

I gained 6 pounds in November and December, so I'm very happy to see the scale moving in the right direction. I got really disgusted with myself at the end of December. I haven't seen my scale start with a 25x in I don't know how long. It has to be 10 years at least.

Hey everyone! It's been a while since I have posted, I haven't lost weight in months. I had a bad fall on Halloween and had been pretty sore for a while and that was my excuse to not exercise. I feel like I'm doing fine with my eating, but the lack of excerise is a problem. I'm also eating more than I think I should, so I'm scheduling another fill. I'm really frustrated, but then I also realized that I stopped coming to the website, and I am sure that is part of the problem too. Out of sight, out of mind! I need the support to get me off this plateau and moving forward. I thought back in August that I would be down 60lbs...yes, in 6 months! I was sure that I would just drop the weight quickly. It's not happening and I need to be more realistic about my goals!

I hope you are all doing well, I'm looking forward to going back and reading the threads to catch up on how you all are doing!

I have finally told 3 friends about the surgery...just last week. I feel better now that other people besides my DH knows. I also added a picture finally, I've been dreading letting anyone know about the surgery, but feel better now that I have!

:)

Shelly

Friday check in !!! Im finally back at it!!!! Had a fill Monday of .6 cc and had to have .3 cc removed tuesday. Im thinking im at my sweet spot!!! I've lost 3.5 lbs since monday! Im doing bootcamp on sunday mornings and excersizing 2-3 more days a week at the gym. Im feeling like i have a chance now!!

How are you all doing?

Jennifer

Hi all,

Well nearly at my 5 month mark. I am loosing very slowly. Haven't resolved my port issue and despite radiographer only getting 3.5ml back at last fill then topping up to 6mls the doc believes there is even more in my band, but i have very little, if any restriction. I am walking at least once daily and go to exercise class once a week. I am happy with my weight loss even though i would like to see it move quicker, and i am feeling sooooooo much better than before surgery.

Hope everyone else is moving along nicely as well.

Cheers

It looks like we are all doing well which is always good to see. With getting back onto the wagon (so to speak) to continuing to search for what works for us it seems we are set to continue the process. I am exercising, though I hate it so! I have had to be extremely tough on myself or I will find some excuse not to exercise..I become an expert at arguing with myself when it comes to getting my exercise in and not allowing inner self get the best of me! :o

Just checking in to keep up with my August rushers.

I have had a long haul and have figured out (I think) a few things along the way.

My weight is coming off very slowly but it's coming off.

Like a lot of you I seem to have been at a stall in my losses but with the help of my lap band coach and learning the band I think I am coming out of it.

I have learned to really concentrate on my Protein intake while trying to keep my meals low.

I am still waiting to get my 3rd fill but I've had to cancel my last 2 appts because of the ongoing snow storms in NY.

Since I've been keeping my protein intake up I have lost another couple of pounds. I've also been trying to fit in more cardio.

This coming week I'm thinking about doing the fat flush smoothie shakedown to give myself a real boost. My focus is going to be to get to 199 before February is over to make up for lost time.

So it's been what 5 months now and I am down 25lbs that i wouldnt have been able to lose with out the band!

It's slow going, wish I would lose faster but am grateful for whatever I can lose at this point.

I had a unfill back in Dec but I think I may need a slight fill next month when I get some money to pay for it...I notice that I am eating a lot but I get stuck often so I dont know if a fill is a wise thing to do right now.

Well that's all I have to report Good Job August Rushers....

I've now lost half of what I need to lose!!! I haven't posted much lately because I'm now in college full time again. Losing this weight has given me so much more confidence. I'm doing things now that I never would have done before. I'm loving it!

sounds like we are all hanging in there and getting on to the right track. It isn't easy, however together we can do this. We've faced our demon for the holidays and some of us got lost, we forgave ourselves and put a plan together to get back on track. Everyone who has posted here is a winner and we will win this weight thing.

The only thing that I have read here is that we all are human... Kelly, you are such an inspiration in encouragement....I love your posts!

Thank-you "thisidme"!

Hello all , Im doing ok started bariatric bootcamp under the palms !!! great program and my plateau is finally gone now if i can drop these 4 lbs and be in the 180's!!!! we shall see!!! hope all is well.

Jennifer

What is bariatric bootcamp?

9.5 pounds lost last week. I'm so excited with that. I hadn't taken my Water pill in over a week, so I know that part of that loss was water weight. It was just so good to see such a huge number. I worked hard last week, and I watched every thing that I ate and drank.

WTG Tylee........

Ive lost 14 pounds in the last 2 weeks. Im supposed to go in for a fill on Thursday, but I think I might wait.

Sooo, what have you been doing differently?

Friday check in !!! Im finally back at it!!!! Had a fill Monday of .6 cc and had to have .3 cc removed tuesday. Im thinking im at my sweet spot!!! I've lost 3.5 lbs since monday! Im doing bootcamp on sunday mornings and excersizing 2-3 more days a week at the gym. Im feeling like i have a chance now!!

How are you all doing?

Jennifer

WTG!

I've now lost half of what I need to lose!!! I haven't posted much lately because I'm now in college full time again. Losing this weight has given me so much more confidence. I'm doing things now that I never would have done before. I'm loving it!

I am almost there too, lost 53....59 to go!

I can't remember the last time I felt this good! I also started school to become a CNA, and believe it or not the scrubs are large....not x-large, and not xx-large....just plain ol large....Yesterday I dropped off some books at my sister's house, and she almost didn't recognize (only been 3 weeks)....but she couldn't believe how good I looked!

Well just wanted to check in with all the Aug Rushers, glad to see that everyone is doing o.k.!

Well gotta go study and exercise...two things that are hard to do, but great for getting results!

Kelly, once a week i go to a outdoor bootcamp with a personal trainer. He once was very very obese and now is buff . He focus's on Bariatric patients getting fit! i love it! im also in love with my zumba classes and my new gym!

I posted this yesturday but it seems to have been lost.

Update - I had another fill on Friday under fluro, there was only 4.5 mls left in my band when they put in 6mls a month ago. Radiographer thinks i have a slow leak. Any way, as per surgeons instructions they put back 9mls and then made me have a barium swallow as they thought it was a lot, 15 minutes later there was still barium in my oesophagus so back on to the table for an unfill of 1.5ml followed by another barium swallow. This was a shock as until now i have never had a barium swallow, not even post op, i am glad they checked though. Bu tnow i dont feel much difference. I have noticed i need to eat slower though, so that is good.

How do they tell if the leak is at the port or the band? I have had contrast in my band before which didn't pick anything up - maybe because the leak is a slow one.

Between the odd position of my port and the leak, i am fairly certain i am going to end up back in surgery. Don't see the doctor for a month though unless he calls me in once he gets the results from my fill.

Hope everyone else is doing well. Keep up the good work everyone.

JAnB, I wish you luck with your band.

Hello everyone, It has been a while since I have been on here. Like everyone else my weight loss has stalled and I gained weight over the holidays. I have had trouble finding the right restriction and have been very frustrated with my lap band. Have had two unfills due to being stuck and dehydration. I am back on my exercise and eating plan and hope to do well over the new year. So far I have lost 50lbs since my Aug 16, surgery so I feel good about that. Take care everyone.

At last.......i feel my band is actually working. Yesterday i had lunch and was physically unable to eat anywhere as much as i have been able to and today i obviously didn't chew my meat well enough and had this instant pain in my back and then had to make a dash to the ladies and throw up. I nearly didn't make it. Of course i was out at the time and not at home, lucky the bathroom was close by. To me this is a positive and it will make me be more cautious from now on and it also means that my slow leak maybe very slow or has sealed itself up Yeah!