Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Rush in bandland!

That would be me. I don't even want to step on the scale on Monday because I'm so worried about what it is going to say.

Lost 2 pounds last week. It took me a month to lose the 9 pounds I had gained the last week of October and the first week of November. Stepping on those scales this morning though gave me renewed strength to keep fighting. That was an emotional victory for me. I was expecting to have gained weight.

Hi All, I am not doing that great this week. I was doing very well but with my wilpower and motivation only. Went on vacation with family and ate way too much this holiday. I am scared to get on the scale. Hopefully my third fill in Dec will help to motivate me through Xmas. We all just have to keep working at this and not lose our hope at weight loss. Take care

I'm glad to see I'm not alone! I hadn't been on here in a long time and expected that when I logged on everyone would be raving about losing tons of weight at this 4 month point so I feel a bit better. I have started to watch youtube videos from lapband patients, one girl who has lost 100lbs in 11 months said she didn't really have good restriction until her FIFTH fill. Soooo....I can see why I am struggling with just the two conservative fills I have had. I have not lost weight in 2 months. In fact, I'm up a couple pounds I think. I stopped weighing myself.

I am just frustrated, that's all. I can eat a lot of food, and I can eat whatever I want. And I do sometimes. Like this past Thanksgiving I filled my plate like old days, and I had no problem finishing everything. I didn't have seconds, but I did have some of everything on the table.

I really want to get my 3rd fill soon, as I feel I am losing my motivation. I think I will just call and try to schedule it. I had to have my 2nd about 3 weeks ago but I don't feel any restriction. I do chew slowly and take smaller bites. But I don't get full unless I eat a lot of food. It takes way more than one cup to satisfy me.

Ugh....one day at a time I guess...

Well, it makes me feel better that I am not alone in being a slow loser. I am 3.5 months post op and have lost 22 pounds but most of that was within the first month. I did try on a wool blazer yesterday that is much closer to fitting even though 3 pounds ago it would'nt button at all! So I guess that is a non scale victory! My fills have been 4, 2, 1. I go today for another fill today. Another good thing is I have not had any PB's (knock on wood) or anything like that. I guess from reading other peoples' successes I though I would be futher along by now. I do an our of cardio everyday, religously measure my Protein, and maintain a very strict diet. I wonder if I am losing slower than some because I was on a strick diet for 8 months presurgery and exercising daily?

Well, it makes me feel better that I am not alone in being a slow loser. I am 3.5 months post op and have lost 22 pounds but most of that was within the first month. I did try on a wool blazer yesterday that is much closer to fitting even though 3 pounds ago it would'nt button at all! So I guess that is a non scale victory! My fills have been 4, 2, 1. I go today for another fill today. Another good thing is I have not had any PB's (knock on wood) or anything like that. I guess from reading other peoples' successes I though I would be futher along by now. I do an our of cardio everyday, religously measure my Protein, and maintain a very strict diet. I wonder if I am losing slower than some because I was on a strick diet for 8 months presurgery and exercising daily?

I think maybe you are building muscle and loosing fat.....so the scale doesn't reflect that, and remember that muscle weighs more than fat!

Eat some yogurt with Probiotics or drink Keifer so you don't get yeast infections with antibiotics. I drink about 4 oz of Keifer every day just for the probiotics. Works great!

I had my 2nd fill today. My Surgeons office is very conservative so I only got an extra 1cc bringing me to 4.5cc so far.

According to their records I've only lost 20 lbs so far. They did not weigh me on day of surgery so they don't have my surgery day weight according to my records I'm still holding at 26 lbs down.sad.gif

I just joined a challenge on YT to exercise 30 min a day for the next 30 days. That should put me into a good habit.

I made an appt while at the Surgeons office for my 3rd fill on Jan. 5th so I'm challenging myself to lose 20 more lbs by then.

I know it's aggressive but I'm going for it.

I have to kick it up. Go hard or go home!!

I had my first fill of 6 mls over a week ago and it really hasn't made any difference. I have been being cautious and eating slowly. But i have started to loose again slowly. I walk every lunch time during the week while i am at work and i am doing the post op exercises classes at the hospital every Saturday, so i suppose that is helping. I am aiming for 5 kilos by Christmas, but the Festive season is upon us and the lunches and dinners have begun, so it will be tough!

WOWSA thanksgiving kicked my butt, I kept grazing! I wasn't eating a lot at my meals, but i found myself snacking a lot on turkey, ham, cheese, and bites of desert! All that snacking without even being hungry was probably not the best choice!

I think the grazing is the reason my weight loss has stalled for the time being. I feared i'd gained weight but when i hopped on the scale today, it was the same. I've committed this week to getting back on track! I've only had one fill so i'm thinking my appointment before christmas, I will definately be getting a tiny fill!!

In the meantime, i'm going to keep working my BUTT OFF to get this weight loss going again. Being with my mom over Thanksgiving was scary. I wasn't in my element and she had so many temptations in the house!! I was so glad to come home where I don't buy extra stuff (food) lying around the house!

Anyone have citrus problems? I didn't have time for lunch so I grabbed a grapefruit i had on my desk, holy cow it made my stomach hurt!

I have to get recommitted to my diet and exercise. I go back for another fill on Tuesday and I'm hoping that helps but in the meantime I've finally found a great remedy for my tiredness/ lack of energy. I found this stuff called Hi Ener G at my local Kmart. It really works with no jitters or side effects. http://www.puritan.com/energy-244/hi-ener-g-500-mg-065455?NewPage=1

Hi Everyone. I was wondering if anyone is having problems with pain by the port area? I do the eliptical and treadmill every morning and when I am exercising I can't even have my pants touch the port area. It feels like nerves are exposed!! Was wondering if anyone else had this problem? I have an appoinyment with my doc on Dec 22nd, but called the office and spoke with the nurse and she said as long as I can swallow Water and food I don't need to be scene earlier. I am just hoping its not an infection. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

The port site takes the longest to heal and for the soreness to go away or at least that is what I have been told by many bandsters that are older than I. Look for signs of redness/swelling/hot to touch (general signs of infection). If you have none of these signs it may be that you are working your abs and the healing is taking it's time. Hopefully, there is nothing more than that. The worst case scenerio is that you have ripped some sutures. Good luck!