Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Rush in bandland!

Monica, My doctor doesn't like to do fills close together or put a lot in the fill because he said he believes to much and to often could cause erosion. It is funny how different doctors are. I see some people have gotten over 3cc's for their first fill and are able to go for their second fill within weeks of each other. I just hope that this fill helps me stay full longer...Its more like a mind game right now for me.

Wish they would come up with a general set of guidelines for every Lap-band doctor.

My Ob/Gyn said the same thing last month. I had to have a hysterectomy and he said they couldn't do the anesthesia unless my band was empty, otherwise the tube wouldn't go down my throat.

I do think it is a good idea to get a med-alert Bracelet, but I think your OB might not really understand the band. The tube for anesthesia doesn't go into your stomach and your throat is as wide as it ever was.

Good Morning Everyone!

The plateau has finally disappeared. I was down 1 lb yesterday and another 1 1/2 lbs today for a total of 22lbs gone since surgery!! YAY ME!!

I had to make a change in my eating for the scale to move. I have not eaten dinner for the past 2 nights and have opted for a Protein Shake instead and have not put anything but Water in my mouth past 6pm. I'm learning what works and what doesn't.

I went to a support group meeting last night at my Dr.'s office and they STRESSED the fact that we need to eat and stop at the first sign of fullness then THROW THE REST AWAY! I have to say that I stop but have a habit of going back for a couple more bites as soon as I feel that I have a lil room.

Happy Friday Yall!!! :)

Is anyone else still experiencing issues with gas? I'm about 2 1/2 months out and the gas pressure/pain that I feel is starting to become almost daily. I literally have to get up and walk around and "toot" as much as possible to help elevate any of the pressure. I've tried the Gas-X strips with no help. I'm wondering if anyone else is going through this and if there is anything that helps?

well Nov 5th can't come soon enough!!! i want my fill. The weight is slowing down again. 4lbs since oct 1st. Can't complain but want better restriction.

Good Morning Everyone!

The plateau has finally disappeared. I was down 1 lb yesterday and another 1 1/2 lbs today for a total of 22lbs gone since surgery!! YAY ME!!

I had to make a change in my eating for the scale to move. I have not eaten dinner for the past 2 nights and have opted for a Protein shake instead and have not put anything but Water in my mouth past 6pm. I'm learning what works and what doesn't.

I went to a support group meeting last night at my Dr.'s office and they STRESSED the fact that we need to eat and stop at the first sign of fullness then THROW THE REST AWAY! I have to say that I stop but have a habit of going back for a couple more bites as soon as I feel that I have a lil room.

Happy Friday Yall!!! :)

That is great advice and I have been trying to follow it.

Congrats Michelle!!

I haven't been around the forum much either. Been busy, nothing quite as exciting as your news! What a blessing I will keep you in my prayers.

Here is a quick update from me:

Finally made it to "one"derland and I am staying there. Been back and forth with the scale for 2 weeks now at 200, then I would drop to 199 then go back to 201. Partially due to hormones because of my cycle and making poor food choices. But thankfully, I have made it and not too far from my goal either, which was to be in "one"derland by October 9th. Yeahhh! for me

Congrats Michelle!!

I haven't been around the forum much either. Been busy, nothing quite as exciting as your news! What a blessing I will keep you in my prayers.

Here is a quick update from me:

Finally made it to "one"derland and I am staying there. Been back and forth with the scale for 2 weeks now at 200, then I would drop to 199 then go back to 201. Partially due to hormones because of my cycle and making poor food choices. But thankfully, I have made it and not too far from my goal either, which was to be in "one"derland by October 9th. Yeahhh! for me

Congratulations!

I am so serious about this that I am now consulting with a life coach that specializes in helping Lap-banders.

My surgeon was great but I find that he really doesn't have a strong after care program . There are support groups but they are inconvenient for me.

His nutritionist is not strong and direct and I have just been floundering . Failure is not an option with this band so I had to reach out for help so that I can find what works best for me with the band and to find and solidify a good program that's gonna work for me.

My goal is to lose 100 lbs in my first year and if I continue on like this I won't do it. I needed help so I got it.

Dee

I am so serious about this that I am now consulting with a life coach that specializes in helping Lap-banders.

My surgeon was great but I find that he really doesn't have a strong after care program . There are support groups but they are inconvenient for me.

His nutritionist is not strong and direct and I have just been floundering . Failure is not an option with this band so I had to reach out for help so that I can find what works best for me with the band and to find and solidify a good program that's gonna work for me.

My goal is to lose 100 lbs in my first year and if I continue on like this I won't do it. I needed help so I got it.

Dee

Dee, Good for you in reaching out and getting the help you need. I am sorry your Dr;s office does not have a strong support staff. 100lbs in a year is an awsome goal. I know you can do it. Mine is 80lbs, and I have stepped up my excercise and strength traing to try and reach it. I know the suppport we give each other is a key to our success. Keep fighting the fight we will succeed.

Dee

Dee ,

Thats great, but don't be too hard on yourself,

Usually 75lbs is what the high number to lose the first year. Just don't beat yourself up if you lose 60 , afterall 60 is a big number in itself!!!

keep up the good work!

~jennifer

I do think it is a good idea to get a med-alert Bracelet, but I think your OB might not really understand the band. The tube for anesthesia doesn't go into your stomach and your throat is as wide as it ever was.

IDK I asked my bariatric surgeon about it and he said the same thing. He said the band has to be emptied before surgeries or you can have complications from it.

well Nov 5th can't come soon enough!!! i want my fill. The weight is slowing down again. 4lbs since oct 1st. Can't complain but want better restriction.

I know what you mean! I get my second fill on Tuesday and I absolutely cannot wait. I had good restriction for the first 2 weeks after my first fill but now not so much. My restriction sort of dwindled down.

So..... Update for me... I am an amazing 13 wks pregnant.. I was preg when I had LAP-BAND® surg... About 4 wks... Didn't show up on their routine urine test... No clue...and it lived...and looks great....just found out last Tues-Jordan, our daughter, said mommy u have my baby brother in ur tummy... I took a test, and sure enough... went to OB, confirmed via ultrasound... A whopping 12 wks... Turned 13 wks on Mon.. And had a cerclage placed yesterday to hold cervix closed since I have incompetent cervix. I am scared. My son was born at just 24 wks due to incompetent cervix, and died 35 days later... Then w/my daughter I had a cerclage and 6 mths of bedrest. It's crazy..we were on the pill and everything... God has a plan I guess.. For now I am leaving the band alone...no prob eating as of yet...so, no need to unfill at this time.... Pray for us!

OMG!! Congratulations! I will put you on my prayer list. I hope it all goes smoothly!

Is anyone else still experiencing issues with gas? I'm about 2 1/2 months out and the gas pressure/pain that I feel is starting to become almost daily. I literally have to get up and walk around and "toot" as much as possible to help elevate any of the pressure. I've tried the Gas-X strips with no help. I'm wondering if anyone else is going through this and if there is anything that helps?

I have that problem too. I've not been able to do anything about it. I always tended to have a gassy body but now it is worse. Lovely!