Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Rush in bandland!

msdv- I feel exactly the same way. I have 3 cc's in my band and for a few days afterward I felt a bit of restriction but now I don't feel anything. Im getting frustrated because I know Im eating more than I should but sometimes the hunger just gets to me and I go get something to eat that I shouldnt. During the day Im usually fine- Im at preschool and am so busy that I dont even think about food. Its when I get home that is the problem. And nighttime ist he worse. I go for my 2nd fill on Oct 15th and I have a feeling she is going to fuss at me for not losing any more weight (well Im down 3 lbs in 4 weeks but to me that is not acceptable) but I dont know what else to do.

I just had my first fill yesterday (2cc's) which is 8 weeks after surgery (8/6/10). It went fine. He had to dig around a little to find the port. Not that fun, but not that bad either.

But I'm a bit frustrated. Yeah, I have lost weight since surgery but truly didn't feel it was any thanks to the band. Prior to my fill yesterday, I didn't have any restriction and lost the weight with lots of excersice and just cutting back on food. But I can (and did at times) eat what I wanted as if I had never been banded.

I was frustrated at my 1st fill yesterday when he said he was happy with my weight loss so he didn't want to put much in, just tweak it. And then not come back in for 8 more weeks. Geez...how long does he think I can go on without restriction?? Why did I even get the band in the first place? I want to use this tool I've been given! I'm not complaining, if slow is safe then I'm all for it. But I got mad when he implied that the band was doing all the work, when really it's been me! Grrr. LOL.

Oh well, I'm still on liquids until tomorrow, then I can truly test if the fill did anything. I have a feeling it won't. We'll see!

Also, just a general question for everyone: How much food has your Dr. said you should be eating at each meal? When I had my initial consultation the paperwork I recived said 1 cup, but then this new Dr. came on board and said that was wrong and it should only be 1/2 cup. But it seems most people on here eat 1 cup. I like the sound of 1 cup. :smile2:

my Dr says 3oz of meat and veggies a small portion if still hungry a carb . They say stop when full.

I eat a cup. That's what my post op diet papers say. I have restriction now so after 1 cup I'm full.

Once you get restriction it definitely makes things easier.

I finally feel like I've made it over the hump. The hump where my body was wanting to know what in the world I had done to it, so it was holding onto every calorie that I ate.

So how much have you lost since surgery?

I eat a cup. That's what my post op diet papers say. I have restriction now so after 1 cup I'm full.

Once you get restriction it definitely makes things easier.

have you had two fills, or just one?

So how much have you lost since surgery?

I've lost 30 pounds since surgery, and 45 pounds since July 1.

I've lost 30 pounds since surgery, and 45 pounds since July 1.

That's interesting, because that is exactly what I have lost.....and we were banded almost exactly at the same time!

That's interesting, because that is exactly what I have lost.....and we were banded almost exactly at the same time!

Yea us! Congratulations!

I was banded August 13 and things are going well. I've lost 50 pounds since the start of my two week pre-op diet, and had lost 20 before that, so i'm at 70! It's very exciting :(

I, too, was confused on the amount to eat. during the one month post op my paperwork said 1/2 cup so i ate 1/2cup and did great, wasn't too hungry either. Then my nutritionist said to do 2-3oz of meat, 1/4 c veggies and about 1/8c of some kind of carb. Then my doctor went back and said well just stick with the 1/2c if it worked for you! lolz, AHHHHh so cornfused! I have not had a fill, but have an appointment 10-18 to possibly get one depending on my weight loss from now to then. I'm hoping to be down a total of 100 by the new year. We'll see how that goes!!!

Good luck August Bandsters!! Keep up the good work! :smile2:

have you had two fills, or just one?

Well I've had only one fill of 1 cc but my surgeon put in 3 cc's when he did the surgery so I had 3 cc's in there all along and didn't know it.

Although I am doing quite well as far as weight loss, I do think I am ready for another fill. I go in ten days, and by then more than ready. I see my food amount very slowly move up. I am at about 1200 calories, and that is what I had crept up to before my first fill. I still can eat anything, as long as I don't get into to big of a hurry, and chew, chew, chew! Also make sure the bites are tiny!:smile2:

well seems like we are all doing pretty good:lol:

All for now

Kelly:wink:

I haven't been on this thread in awhile. It's making me feel better about what's going on with me. I was banded 8/17/10 and have lost 27lbs- most of that was from the 10 day pre-op and 2 weeks post op. My surgeon told me some people can eat as much as they could pre-op before they get their first fill. That was me!

Just got my first fill on Friday 10/1.... 4cc in a 14 cc band. He told me if I don't feel a difference they will put another 3cc in. They don't want their pt's getting discouraged early on. So far I feel no difference! What's saving me is the amount I am exercising!

I just can't wait to get over this hump! I feel like people are looking at me waiting for more weight loss!!!!

well it happened , i lost my meal last night.....maybe i ate too fast , although i may be swollen still from my fill on monday. ughhhhhh it was yuck.
it definately wasn't fun . slime and gunk...the one positive ...i got no calories lol

I know this may be TMI for some but I'm wondering if you had any kind of pre-warning. Were you feeling bad or did it just happen. I'm wondering because I have been worried about that happening to me at work and hope to have a warning to get to the ladies room.

I know this may be TMI for some but I'm wondering if you had any kind of pre-warning. Were you feeling bad or did it just happen. I'm wondering because I have been worried about that happening to me at work and hope to have a warning to get to the ladies room.

yes there is warning but i went directly to the bathroom. It comes up easy. But not fun.