Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Rush in bandland!

Hello everyone! I just got my first fill on Monday, 9/27. Its been 6 weeks since surgery. I've lost 17lbs so far. My Dr put 3cc in my 10cc band and I cannot tell at all. Anyone else out there in this situation?

My weight loss has been at a standstill for over a week now and I was hoping this fill would make a difference. I'm getting a lil discouraged but I know this is a slow process.

me took, I feel like I have no band at all. I ate crab legs over the weekend and a glass of wine! I can;t wait till my first fill on 9/30.

Laurie,

I'm curious how your fill goes tomorrow. We were banded the same day and I feel the same as I did before my fill 2 days ago.

Hello everyone! I just got my first fill on Monday, 9/27. Its been 6 weeks since surgery. I've lost 17lbs so far. My Dr put 3cc in my 10cc band and I cannot tell at all. Anyone else out there in this situation?

My weight loss has been at a standstill for over a week now and I was hoping this fill would make a difference. I'm getting a lil discouraged but I know this is a slow process.

I had 3 cc's in my band from surgery and didn't know it. It made no difference for me at all. But on last Tuesday I got 1 more cc and I'm great now. I can still eat anything without getting stuck but I get full after a cup of food 3 times a day.

Laurie,

I'm curious how your fill goes tomorrow. We were banded the same day and I feel the same as I did before my fill 2 days ago.

Shelly , I will let you know, I am going to tell my Dr. that I am hungry a lot, so I hope he will be a little more agressive with the fill.

One thing I heard is that you don't have to wait till your next appt if you are still hungry after your fill just call and reschedule another one. That is what I plan to do. We shall see, good luck!

That's awesome! My surgeon only does 1 a month. But I think it's b/c he's only in the office 2 days a week. He's in surgery the rest of the time. It's always PACKED at his office.

Hi everyone. 8 weeks from surgery and I finally got my first fill. He put in 5 1/2cc's.

I have a question. I feel full but my stomach is growling. I ate just a little bit, maybe an ounce, and I was on overflow. Is this normal? I don't get the stomach rumbling if I have no room for food.

I sooo need a fill! My surgery was August 18th. I'm not hungry, but I can eat more than a cup. The only thing that stops me from eating more, is me B).... My doc doesn't fill until 2 or 3 weeks after being on solids. I'm on my second week now. I'm calling them early next week to schedule a fill. Btw, I was told that it takes a few days to fill the effects of a fill. Is this true??

I too need a fill I get hungry often and can eat way to much October 19th cant come any faster!!!

I personally had effects immediately from the fill....but I DO think it takes a few days for potential swelling to go down and things to kind of settle before you get the "true" effect of the fill.

I have my next fill on the 6th...hoping it's smoother than the 1st one! Eek..

Im very pleased that i got over the no losing hump and lost almost three lbs since monday!!!!! LOVE ME SOME FILL!!

Hey all. I need a fill too, I can eat anything and yesterday I did. I am on a mini vacay in NYC and I haven't been holding back too much. I did have my first real stuck episode this morning, I was eating a bagel and it wouldn't go down. It hurt and I felt like I couldn't breathe. I ended up sliming into the bushes of Bryant Park, eww.

Shelly , I will let you know, I am going to tell my Dr. that I am hungry a lot, so I hope he will be a little more agressive with the fill.

One thing I heard is that you don't have to wait till your next appt if you are still hungry after your fill just call and reschedule another one. That is what I plan to do. We shall see, good luck!

My Dr will not fill sooner than 6 week intervals. On Monday he told me that he would see me no sooner than 6 weeks unless I had a problem. I actually called his office at 4 weeks out and asked if they would fill me and was told no because my body needed proper time to heal. He's very cautious and I guess thats a good thing. I hope all goes well today! :drool:

I also felt the effects of my fill immediately. Of course that was probably because I could not even swallow the dixie cup of Water that he gave me right after so they had to do a slight unfill. That night I could not even eat two bites of tuna salad. My fill was Monday and I am now eating about 4 ounces at each meal but still too tight to have more than a Protein Shake for Breakfast. Would be great to have one fill and be done!!

Hi Everyone,

I had my first fill today and it went ok. It did not hurt at all . I told the Dr. how hungry I had been this past few weeks so he said he would give me 4 cc. I only had 1cc in a 10cc band. Then I had to wait in the waiting room while I sipped Water. I could feel the Water sit in my chest and when it finally went down I burped twice. When I told the nurse she said it was too tight, that I should not feel it or have to burp. So the Dr. removed 1/4 cc. I did not want him to but he said it would be better and it was. He made another appt for 6 weeks, but said if I was hungry to call and they would move it up. I have lost a total of 30lbs since my surgery! The Dr was very pleased. I told him the last 6 lbs was sheer will power as I had been so hungry. I hope everyone else is doing well as we continue to learn together how this darn band really works. Take care,