Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Rush in bandland!

well we are all in the same boat right now....needing restriction and doing it all on will power. My fill is on friday. FYI i also hit a plateau and am gonna adjust my tickler to match my docs scale. Dissapointing but , i want to stay calabrated with him. anyways...keep your chins up we are all in this together!

There are no facilities in Okinawa to care for me while I am there in case of an emergency. If for some reason my band were to become too tight, not allowing anything down including liquids, there might not be anyone to help me. Most ER employees in America can not access a port, so I am not taking my chances overseas. I have my whole life to lose the weight and it is just not a risk I am willing to take.

Thank you for responding. I was wanting to make sure it had nothing to do with flying.

Ok, I just got back from my 1st fill.

It was an interesting appt. today. I was a little nervous about the anticipated pain but my anxiousness to get my 1st fill overrode my nervousness.

When I finally got in there the nurse weighed me so I adjusted my ticker today to reflect what their scale says. According to them I've lost 20lbs but according to my home scale which I feel is very accurate I have lost 23lbs.

That's Ok though . when the PA came in she told me they were very happy with me and that I have done very well.

I had a couple of questions I wanted to ask like how much my band holds ? 10cc

Did I have any Fluid put in on surgery day? yes, approx. 1.5cc

How much will I get today? approx. 2cc which bought me to a total now in band of about 3.5 - 3.8cc

I was a little bummed by that because I wanted an aggressive fill but this is how they do it. I have drank Water and had a spoonful of yogurt since I got home (I'm starving) and I feel no different than I did yesterday. I hope I don't have another month or so of struggling and starving.

I probably won't be able to tell until I resume eating which will be tomorrow.

I was stressed about eating things which I thought I shouldn't too soon like a chicken caeser salad and some Healthy Choice Soup but when I talked to her today she acted like I should have been eating regular food. They are not strict about the stages of eating as long as you're OK. She also said I should stay away from the Protein shakes and concentrate on getting my Protein from real food which is fine with me.

She wanted me to see the nutritionist which is a waste. This chick has never told me anything I don't know and she really seems so uninterested.

I asked her anyway about going on WW or any other diet plan and she said that it was unnecessary and that I should just concentrate on eating healthy and balanced since we are really not eating that much anyway. so I'm just a little confused but I think I will do WW for the next month to give me some structure and guidance and see how that goes.

My goal is to be down another 20lbs by the time I go back to him. They didn't tell me when to come back but I'm going to go to the support group next week and ask and if I can go back in 4 weeks .

Oh the fill was painless, I barely felt a slight needle prick as she inserted the needle and extracted what was in there to see how much it was and then inserted it back with more.

Dee

My band is like yours and holds 10CC's. I have a friend who told me she's at like 9 cc's in a 15 cc band.

That sort of scared me. It made me wonder if a 10CC band will really do the trick but then she was a lot bigger than me to start with so maybe that's why she got a bigger band?

I only have a 10 cc band too, and I had 160 pounds to lose. I've already gotten 3.5 cc in it. I go next Thursday to get another fill.

I only have a 10 cc band too, and I had 160 pounds to lose. I've already gotten 3.5 cc in it. I go next Thursday to get another fill.

When was your last fill? if you don't mind.

Are you hungry?

I had my first fill on Aug 23.

I'm not really all that hungry. I can only eat 1/2 - 3/4 cup of food now, so I don't know how it will be once I get my second fill. It actually worries me.

If I didn't force myself to have something before 1130, I probably would skip Breakfast all together. Today, I had a shake around 830, and I got busy. Looked up, and it was 2 PM. I hadn't had lunch or a snack, and I wasn't even hungry. I don't start to get "hungry" until around 3 or 4 in the afternoon. Don't know how much of that is head hunger or body hunger.

Wow , we are all in the same boat. It is good to read all about the fills everyone has had. I get my first fill on 9/30. I am trying to watch calories and exercise at least 5 x a week. The weekends seem to be the hardest for overeating for me. Right now I have no restricition and am worried my fill won't be enough. Time will tell and we will just all have to suck it up and diet till we hit that sweet spot.

Dee not sure about that nutritionist seems like ww is a good idea to me.

Everyone keep up the good work! I am praying for all of us to keep losing!

I had my first fill on Aug 23.

I'm not really all that hungry. I can only eat 1/2 - 3/4 cup of food now, so I don't know how it will be once I get my second fill. It actually worries me.

If I didn't force myself to have something before 1130, I probably would skip Breakfast all together. Today, I had a shake around 830, and I got busy. Looked up, and it was 2 PM. I hadn't had lunch or a snack, and I wasn't even hungry. I don't start to get "hungry" until around 3 or 4 in the afternoon. Don't know how much of that is head hunger or body hunger.

Thanks Monica....what you have is exactly the way I want to feel. I don't want to have a nagging hunger like I've had these past couple of weeks. I just want to go on about my business and look up and not be worried about stuffing my face. If you're not hungry until 3 or 4 it's probably body hunger and then if you eat a small quantity and are satisfied I think that's good. I may be thinking wrong but for right now while I want to actively lose that's the feeling I want to have. You had your fill almost a month ahead of me and you're still not feeling hungry so I guess a 6 week period is good. I'll see how my body adjusts to this 1st fill.

Wow , we are all in the same boat. It is good to read all about the fills everyone has had. I get my first fill on 9/30. I am trying to watch calories and exercise at least 5 x a week. The weekends seem to be the hardest for overeating for me. Right now I have no restricition and am worried my fill won't be enough. Time will tell and we will just all have to suck it up and diet till we hit that sweet spot.

Dee not sure about that nutritionist seems like ww is a good idea to me.

Everyone keep up the good work! I am praying for all of us to keep losing!

Laurie ...the weekends are hard for me too. We have a busy social life and most weekends we get invited out for dinner or whatever. Last weekend we were invited to a picnic but I did pretty good. I ate a bite of this and that. They had wine I had none so I didn't feel bad and I didn't feel deprived . After that we were invited out to dinner (I know!!) but I ate a small pc of ckn and about 3 shrimps and a couple pcs of calamari and about 3-4 fries and some salad and I was good.

I think the nutritionist was off too. I'm going to count points until I have good restriction and then take it from there.

We will keep losing. I'm not worried , none of us should be we're all doing well.

Dee

Thank you for responding. I was wanting to make sure it had nothing to do with flying.

I was told in regards to flying, that the Fluid in the band can swell due to cabin pressure so to stick to liquids only while in the air. I am hoping that since I will be getting unfilled I won't have to follow that. My flight is 14 hours and since I can't take liquids through security I can't take Protein Shakes. I don't know if I could survive 14 hours on Water alone. :smile2:

Kelly, I was just wanting to respond to you in the B&A thread but the mods are gonna kick us out of there because that thread is for pics only.

I'm a low carb fan too but now I'm thinking that I may do Weight Watchers on a low carb tip so that I can have more balance and be able to eat yogurt, Soup and my flat out wraps when I'm craving a sandwich and I can even make a pizza with the flat out wraps. The Winter is coming I crave hot Soups and chili and stew in the Winter. I'm not much of a sweet eater but when I crave I also want to have a Skinny Cow Ice cream sandwich or Fudge bar (1-2 pts each) they are delish.

We are all in about the same range of losses. I'm hoping that by the end of next month I will be down at least 30lbs.

I think I'm gonna set up some mini-goals that are realistic and hopefully attainable.

I can't wait for my fill tomorrow. My appt. is for 9:45. I'll be there bright and early.

Dee

msdv I too decided that I'm gonna have to modify my diet...I can't just eat meat like I did before. I like you am going to have to find a happy medium.....I can substitute porkskins for bread or eat those little 100 calorie bread rounds. All I know is by the time I get my second fill in two weeks, I will be a lot happier! Haven't decided to count calories, and ignore carbs or combine them...nneeeedddd tttiiimmmeee tttoooo ttthhhhiiiinnnkkk!

I was on WW on and off now that I'm banded I was hoping to not go back to them. I was hoping I wouldnt have to "DIET"

Am I wrong to feel this way? I know that in order to lose the weight I will have to eat better and make good food choices I was just really hoping to not have to diet.....

And does that even make any logical sense at all?

Hey there, I'm just jumping in to post...I realize I have really just been NOT HERE! I've been so busy starting school that I haven't had a chance to keep up....still losing about one to two pounds a week and happy not to have gained during one of the more stressful times (School starting:)). Exercise has really been working for me (now up to running 1.5 miles with a little walking thrown in before and after the run) and I'm eating PRETTY well (not perfect) but okay.

I was wishing I would lose volumes of weight at first but now realize that is not the case. I LOVE that I weighed two pounds less this week! I feel like I ate so much but really it was just regular and never do I gain like I did. Feeling great and happy!

The Sun will come outttt tommarow...or my fill...can't wait!!!