Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Rush in bandland!

hey girls-

Sorry I havent been around in a while- Im a preschool teacher and started back to work 2 weeks ago and its been hectic. Anyways, I saw my doc yesterday and had my first fill- 3cc's in an 11 cc band (or so the doc thinks- she cant remember how much my band holds). The fill was easy but she did do the local anesthetic before doing the fill. Which Im grateful for...i saw the size of that stinking needle that they were using for the fill! LOL! I didn't eat lunch yesterday so by the time dinner rolled around I was pretty hungry. Ate a chicken tender and chewed really well and also ate some mashed taters and mac-n- cheese. Had no problems getting food down. But today is going to be the real test- hopefully I wont be as hungry as I have been the past 4 weeks.

HI

i had surgery 8/26/2010 and i did pretty well with the surgery and recovery, i am 3 wks now and i get my first fill at the end of the month, but is there anyone out there is filling like me, i can eat everything, even Water goes down normally, i can feel where my port is, but i wonder do i really have a lapband on or is there something wrong, let me know

same here...my surgery was 8/13 but my fill is not until oct. My doctor told me at my follow up appointment that not everyone needs a fill. If you can loss the weight without a fill than they don't fill it, if you feel like you need more restrictions than they fill it. I have also been ok with my eating and eat very little...in fear that i will mess things up....

Yeah, I have been thinking the same thing myself...if I am losing weight w/o any fills maybe I can just keep it up and never need a fill?! LOL.

Ah, wishful thinking. I got the band because I know myself all to well, and yes the old me could eat less for a few weeks/months and lose weight for awhile, but never can I do it long term. The weight would always come back.

Guess I will just tough it out until 10/7. Not that it's really that tough I suppose. The band was a great descion for me as it makes me cut back naturally but still enjoy the foods I like. I am down 24 lbs already, and very happy about it. :thumbup:

Kelly, So glad your fill worked. I am getting discouraged at how hungry I am. I can't wait till 9/30 to see if I feel some sort of restriciton again. Cause right now i am hungry a lot!

Kelly, So glad your fill worked. I am getting discouraged at how hungry I am. I can't wait till 9/30 to see if I feel some sort of restriciton again. Cause right now i am hungry a lot!

Man o man I do know that feeling,,,wanting to eat every couple hours...now I'm every 5 hours :thumbup:

HI

i had surgery 8/26/2010 and i did pretty well with the surgery and recovery, i am 3 wks now and i get my first fill at the end of the month, but is there anyone out there is filling like me, i can eat everything, even Water goes down normally, i can feel where my port is, but i wonder do i really have a LAP-BAND® on or is there something wrong, let me know

Hey there I had my surgery on 8/26 as well and I totally feel the way you do!! I can eat what ever I want (but dont) Water I can chug and I know where my port is... I know I have the band I saw it via fluro I believe we are in "Banster HELL" :thumbup:

04948749-FFAB-E84C-90A7-1D94AFDDA05E

HI

i had surgery 8/26/2010 and i did pretty well with the surgery and recovery, i am 3 wks now and i get my first fill at the end of the month, but is there anyone out there is filling like me, i can eat everything, even Water goes down normally, i can feel where my port is, but i wonder do i really have a LAP-BAND® on or is there something wrong, let me know

I was banded 8/11 and I also can eat anything....just less of it. So I am trying to be good. Yes, I can feel my port too. I'm sure the band is in there. lol.

Good Sunday Morning "August Rusher's"

Well......I have been stuck at the same weight for 8 days now. I knew I would hit platues, but I just did not think it would be so soon.

I am trying to stay positive, because I know these things happen. I am following the rules and exercising 30 minutes a day, doing the calorie counting and drinking lots of Water.< /span>

I know I should have measured myself so then I could count inches too. I intend to do that this week.

I am trying to be patient.......oh well, somethings gotta give:biggrin:!

Hope all of you are doing well.

Peace out

Kelly:biggrin:

I am in the same boat as most of you.

I am very hungry now and eating things I know I shouldn't.

I'm beginning to get discouraged and feel like I am on yet another diet.

I have picked up about 4lbs and am very depressed about it.

I plan on meditating about it and will be up tonight remembering all I went through to get here and I plan to get up tomorrow and stick to my plan and exercise and try to get the ball rolling again.

Hopefully...this too shall pass.

Dee

Edited by msdv

I am in the same boat as most of you.

I am very hungry now and eating things I know I shouldn't.

I'm beginning to get discouraged and feel like I am on yet another diet.

I have picked up about 4lbs and am very depressed about it.

I plan on meditating about it and will be up tonight remembering all I went through to get here and I plan to get up tomorrow and stick to my plan and exercise and try to get the ball rolling again.

Hopefully...this too shall pass.

Dee

Well I just think I'm going to low carb it! Start induction the day after tomorrow. I lost 50 pounds before very fast. Seeing that it is all about protien anyway, why not? That is the whole basis of the low carb lifestyle anyway. Seeing that we are not at our sweet spot yet, and hunger is at the forfront,,,,,,,why not be able to eat till you are full? Hell, I think I'll start right now!

Peace out

Kelly

Kelly , im super happy for you...gives me hope !!!

Dee, I feel exactly like you do, another diet again. I know I am eating less than I normally would, but still not losing weight. I hope my first fill changes all of that. Keep up the fight, we can do this we have come too far!

I can totally relate w/the whole hunger thing. I DO eat less than before... But I get so hungry way too often... And definitely eat more than a half cup of food! LOL. 1st fill this afternoon--hoping for a change!!

Blech...That was me stepping on the scales this morning. I actually made it 3 days without weighing. It showed I had gained 4 pounds over the weekend, and 1.5 pounds since last Monday. I hate this so very much.

I'm thinking today is going to be a liquid kind of day. I need to get back in the right mind frame.

Kelly...I believe in the low carb lifestyle too and I plan to do it once I'm cleared to be on regular food. I'm eating all kinds of things I shouldn't be eating right now (a lot less too) as it is but I'm gonna cut back on that until I go for my fill on the 22nd and then after my liquid days I'm gonna be full on low carb. I was hoping to lose my weight in less than a year and to do that I have to really step it up.

timandmich ...Please give us the low down on the fill this afternoon.

tylee...I need to get back in the right frame of mind also and I'm hoping that today will be a better day for all of us.

I'm really discouraged now but you're right Laurie, we have come too far for this crap. This can't be just another diet.

I'm praying my Dr. gives me an aggressive fill. I'm going to tell him just how I feel and beg .

Dee