Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Rush in bandland!

Back to regularly scheduled programming.

I am having a bit of trouble too.

I am on stage 2 now and according to the handout my Dr gives out I can have soft canned fruit, berries, fish, veggies, mashed potatoes, toast & crackers. soft cooked Pasta.< /p>

In my mind that leaves a lot of room. I have not lost or gained anything in the last week. I am maintaining at being down 19lbs.

I eat very small portions except for in the morning when I usually have chobani greek yogurt mixed w/ a Yoplait light to cut the taste and less than a 1/4 cup of Spec K lowfat granola.

this leaves me pretty full until the afternoon . Lately I have been having a couple of spoonfuls of a seafood salad that I made w/ 5 red. fat crackers and some lettuce and then at night I will have a sf popsicle and a bite of something else I can find that will go down. No sweets or anything but a couple of time sI had one of those new granola thins w/ PB or on the weekend I had a couple of honey garlic wing drummettes. I even had a lean cuisine 1 night.

I just find that my list gives me too much room in some cases and not enough room in others and I don't want to do anything to hurt my band. I feel I will be better off after my fill when I'm on full foods and I can experiment with reg. foods and see what I can eat that's low carb and keeps me full.

One night I did have a bad stuck episode with a piece of salmon filet. I'm not feeling comfy with doing a lot of exercise now.

I feel like I already need a readjustment in my head and failure is not an option with my band.

Dee

Edited by msdv

Well all, I have been a google girl, and I think I have been giving myself too much credit with my walking. I live on a country road and there are a couple of hills I have to go up on each walk, so I figgured I was burning at least 10 calories a minute! Looks like I was WRONG:cursing:! They (most all sites) say I'm only burning like 150!!!!! Well that may not seem like a big diff, but in the calorie game that is quite a bit....I compute my walk as a deficite for my daily caloric intake. Guess I better just face reality and maybe not calculate my walk into my daily calories.....:frown:damn that is part of the motivation that gets me out there every day. For 200 more cal., Yeah I think, that is a can of Soup, or a cup of cottage cheese.< /span>

Well I go get my fill tomorrow, so maybe this is just a bunch of hot air! Bitching and moaning about 200 calories.....I hope tomorrow I only feel like ice chips!:blushing:

Whew, I feel better now

Peace out

Kelly:rolleyes:

Okay doing much better since the fill. My stomach has settled down but there are funny things about this. One, yes it is nice to not feel hungry, BUT when I do get hungry it's almost like a hollow empty pain and I get gassy which is gross.

Anyways, now it is hard to eat my allotment of calories. I can only eat a little and I never get hungry. It's very weird. I'm hoping for a better loss next week though. This past week I ate a lot of slider foods cause I couldn't get solids down and that kept me from doing my best. We'll see next week!

Okay doing much better since the fill. My stomach has settled down but there are funny things about this. One, yes it is nice to not feel hungry, BUT when I do get hungry it's almost like a hollow empty pain and I get gassy which is gross.

Anyways, now it is hard to eat my allotment of calories. I can only eat a little and I never get hungry. It's very weird. I'm hoping for a better loss next week though. This past week I ate a lot of slider foods cause I couldn't get solids down and that kept me from doing my best. We'll see next week!

I can't wait not to be hungry, I go today for my first fill....the last week has been hell! I'mma hoping I can feel the fill!

Hey All! I haven't been on in a while, just have so many things going on with the kids going back to school and trying to get my house in order! I was stuck and not losing anything, although I did feel like I should have been. I'm finally losing again! I wanted to warn you all about not chewing enough...I wasn't thinking and popped a small piece of popcorn chicken in my mouth and didn't think about having to chew it to mush...BIG MISTAKE! Luckily I was at home, but I honestly thought that I couldn't breathe, I had to really think about breathing and I got up and walked around a little. It took a couple of minutes to pass through. I have only had 1 fill and that was 2 weeks ago. I have been very careful with my food choices since that happened! When it happens to you, and I'm sure it will, just stay calm and breathe!

Glad your feeling better Jen.

Sorry about that gas thing but I have learned to keep a big supply of Gas-X chewables and I keep them in my purses too.

Since I've been banded I have had more gas than I've had my whole life. I hope eventually that settles down. :thumbup:

As for that not feeling hungry I am longing for that day and I hope it comes soon .

Last night for the first time I was really struggling . I had 1/2 a Protein Bar a granola thin a couple of wings and even some ice cream which I'm not really fond of.

Trying to get back on track. Failure is not an option with this band.

Dee

I can;t wait not to feel hungry. I am hungry a lot and can not have a fill till 9/30.

On the upside I have not gained, but only lost a 1lb since my initial 23lb weight loss.

This truly is bandster hell!

Hey August Bandsters!

I am 2 weeks post op today and I feel great! My incisions are healing well and I have a little more energy.

I'm on my high Protein puree phase of my diet (weeks 3 & 4). I am able to add soft fish, bean Soups, shredded chicken, low fat soft cheeses and soft cooked eggs! I practically jumped out of bed to fix myself Breakfast.

I went back to work Tuesday and Wednesday and I have to say I was beat! and so thirsty (I got used to drinking able day long). This 4-day weekend is much appreciated.

I hope all are doing well!

p.s. I a, going to update my ticker tomorrow, I've decided to only weigh myself on Fridays.

So tonight I came home and ate chips and guac with my son. Nice. However, I think it was the salsa that killed me. I didn't even go over my calories but my stomach is just done with me right now! And yes, the gas thing is a definite addition to the whole new surgery thing.

I can see that part of the process is finding out what you can eat and what you can't because you never want to feel this bad after you eat something wrong!!!

Boy am I learning!

Well, finally got my fill! Took about two seconds. No barium swallow, no Water test, just poke me in the port-----and sent me home.

I'm on liqueds for two days, then mushies, then reg. food.< /span>

Right now I can only slightly feel a difference, and in 4 to 6 weeks I go back for another.

Glad it's over, now back to focusing on the game plan!:thumbup:

Kelly:rolleyes:

I wish my doctor would give me a fill. I have to wait two whole months from my surgery date of 8/6 to get my first fill! My actual surgeon who did the surgery left the practice and joined one closer to his home so I am seeing someone new. He is not too bad, but I am annoyed I have to wait so long for a first fill. He is someone who likes to play it safe.

However, I still have managed to lose weight without any fills. I just naturally eat less at every meal and the pounds have been coming off. I think I eat less for fear of messing up the band, but in reality, I don't need that much food to feel satisfied, especially not in the amounts I was eating before surgery. WOW. Could I eat. lol.

Keep up the good work everyone!

I wish my doctor would give me a fill. I have to wait two whole months from my surgery date of 8/6 to get my first fill! My actual surgeon who did the surgery left the practice and joined one closer to his home so I am seeing someone new. He is not too bad, but I am annoyed I have to wait so long for a first fill. He is someone who likes to play it safe.

However, I still have managed to lose weight without any fills. I just naturally eat less at every meal and the pounds have been coming off. I think I eat less for fear of messing up the band, but in reality, I don't need that much food to feel satisfied, especially not in the amounts I was eating before surgery. WOW. Could I eat. lol.

Keep up the good work everyone!

same here...my surgery was 8/13 but my fill is not until oct. My doctor told me at my follow up appointment that not everyone needs a fill. If you can loss the weight without a fill than they don't fill it, if you feel like you need more restrictions than they fill it. I have also been ok with my eating and eat very little...in fear that i will mess things up....

Well I am doing pretty well im down 16 pounds since my preop diet and surgery etc. I had a silly little argument with my husband and whew it made me feel ill, I am going to have to calm down with that lol... ive been walking and getting in my shakes and eating mushies. I ordered more Protein Drinks online and how irritating they sent it to the wrong address, someone has some dislexia or something! oh well ill live a day without my shakes lol.. Im having a hard time with the motivation to go walking etc. i just want someone to go do stuff with, and i go to the zoo and stuff with my mom like 2x a week but the rest of the week my husband is too tired etc so i just have to suck it up and go alone or get on the treadmill which i guess is ok im doing the best that i can.... I suppose the harder it is on me now the cooler the success story? Cant wait to shop it in the juniors section... Ive never been able to do that and just to think wow haha... Oh I went out to applebees and my waitress i love her shes so cool but shes a bit nosey and asked about my eating.. and i told her what i had done and she was all telling me about her family member that had surgery and lost weight but gained it all back i was like... hahaha when i was really thinking ugh go away i dont need that right now.. But yea.. Im doing ok right now!

My fill appt. is in 14 days. I too am hungry alot, But making sure i stay in my calorie range. Im still on soft mushy foods and the list they gave me is small, so its easy to follow. If i feel deprived i go run to panara bread (for just me ) and get a chicken tortilla Soup (its low fat) with no bread. It makes me feel like i can eat just like everyone else. Silly huh?

~Jennifer