Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Rush in bandland!

My surgery was don in TJ, by Dr. Almanza, at the Jerusalem clinic. So far so good, no gas, heartburn, nausea, or vomiting. I did however have a reaction to the nylon stitches, and the original adhesive, they put over them, that is slowly healing but it doesn't look pretty.

I am trying to gat an exercise program going, whats working for anyone else, I'm thinking about Curves and/or Zumba. I am afraid of any lifting yet, my port site is really tender and sore.

I've only lost 15 lbs. but old habits die hard.

I have the Zumba tapes but I haven't tried them yet. I'm having a hysterectomy on Thursday so it will probably be a while yet before I can do them.

Im in Hell ....Bandster Hell. Its finally hit me im Hungry!!!

Im in Hell ....Bandster Hell. Its finally hit me im Hungry!!!

I'm in hell as well...only 5 days post-op and I am starving I cant even look at another bowl of broth with out wanting to cry! :cursing:

I was told tortillas and wraps are fine. I can still eat bread though. I'm hoping my first fill will change that.

I can eat tortillas, but you can forget the bread. It isn't happening since my fill.

I was taking a Gummy Vitamin pre-band but now that i have it i think i'm gonna switch to a chewable cuz i'm scared of it getting stuck :cursing:

I had gummy Vitamins from before also, and I took one for the first time this morning. It was fine. I took like 5 bites out of it, lol, and then chewed it until it was almost liquid.

I am allowed solids but usually for Breakfast though I still have a Protein shake as it's fast and easy (I buy the premade ones) otherwise I am not a big Breakfast person. I also like cottage cheese or greek yogurt or sugar free pudding.

My doctor warned me that a lot of people stick too long to the "soft foods" stage (I admit I am one of them, even though techinally I'm allowed all solids now) which is not good, because obviously they go through the band easily and people can eat more than their pouch holds. He said once you are cleared for solids it's best to stick with solids only since that is the best way to utilize the band. You'll get full and the food will "stay" in your pouch and you will feel satisfied, and will empty out slowly over a few hours, just like it should.

I thought that was interesting, and makes sense to me. But, I've still yet to have my first fill, so I really can't say one way or the other until after that happens!!Cuz right now, I can eat absoltely anything!! Gotta keep myself in check sometimes!

Take care everyone!

Hello everyone! I was banded August 26th so I am 5 days out and starving as well!! Woooo this is getting hard. nothing keeps me satisfied long. Can't wait to chew something again!! but down 10lbs since surgery so I'm staying positive and motivated! Hang in there everyone! so glad to be on this side of the process! :biggrin:

Well August rushers ...it's come and gone for us.

We've all been banded already unless I missed someone being banded today.

We've gone through the testing the appt's , the anxiety , the hospital admission, the relief of waking up from the surgery , the healing and now we're all learning our bands and living with them.

I myself am so thrilled. It was a long stretch for me from my 1st seminar back in 11/09 to all of the Dr.s appts, the hassles with my surgeons staff and then waiting for approval and then the date of my surgery...8/16.

I swore I wasn't going to weigh myself until my 1st fill on 9/22 but I had to and as of yesterday I'm down 18lbs since surgery day. I still have a long way to go because I catch myself gulping my Diet tea or grabbing a drink too soon after I have taken too big a bite of my yogurt but I'm learning.

Failure is not an option with my band.

Ok, I guess my musing is over what have any of you learned since band day?

Dee

Well, I have been banded for four weeks today! I won't have a fill till Sept.9th, (ggrrrrr)! Of course I am hungry, and supposed to be on the straw diet......but couldn't handle it so I moved myself to mushies instead, reasoning that if my straw were big enough I could get this shit up it!

I have lost 25 pounds, and began walking at least 5 days a week. I eat between 900 and 1200 calories everyday. I have blown it probably (average) once a week.

I can't wait much longer to get solids....man o man I miss chicken, call me pollo loco cause that is number one on my list.

I slimed twice, once on Vitamins, and once on some tallapia.:thumbup:

Other than that, I guess on the whole things are going splendidly.

25 pounds in 28 days yeah don't get much better than that.

I want you all to check out bariatrictv.com I can't say enough good things about it. A very wide bit of info, and fun to watch.

So far it sounds like all of you are doing about as well as I am......CONGRADULATIONS. Let's all keep up the good work!:biggrin:

Patientely waiting for my fill:wink:

Peace out,

Kelly:rolleyes:

Kelly sounds like you are doing fab!!

25lbs in 28days is great. I hope by the time I get to 28 days I can claim 25lbs.

I have set mini-goals for myself ..like to be down at least 30lbs total by the time I go for my fill on 9/22. It's been slow getting into the exercise because the first time I tried it I spiked a little fever so I slowed down a bit. This week so far I have exercised on treadie both days but only about 20min each day.

I've been eating btwn 500-800 cals a day not intentionally but I just don't know what to eat so I'm sticking with what I know, yogurt, Protein shakes a little Soup, refried Beans and filling up on Water .

No sliming or PB'ing yet, thank goodness the thought of that stuff kept me from being banded for a while. I know it will probably happen one day but I'm doing everything to avoid it.

Hi everyone, I am doing well down 23 lbs but holding and frustrated cause I;m so hungry. I am trying to stay below 1000 cal but it is hard. Doing the same as everyone sticking with what I know mashed potatos, Protein Shakes and Soup. I can have pureed foods but just don't want them yet. Also walking 40 mins at least 5 days also. My first fill is not untill Sept 30, and I don't know how on earth I am going to wait that long. It seems like forever. Glad to hear everyone is doing well, take care, and thankyou soo much for all of your support and good wishes.

I've learned its a process and a hard one at that. I was on another thread and it was" my first vomit". I was shocked at why she vomited...Eating hamburgers and Birthday cake...23 days out. We all blow things from time to time , My husbands birthday is tommarow and i will Not be eating the cake (DAMNIT its icecream too) , Because i got the band to help me and cheating like that is sabatoging myself. I have not cheated (Yet) ,although there are days i want to. ALL of us August Banditos are Awesome !!!! Keep moving forward and we all can use each others support!!!

~Jennifer~

I'm happy everyone is doing fairly well. I was banded on 8/24 and I was so nervous the night before my surgery but everything went perfectly and I am following everything as best I can...my post op diet says i can start mushies today....never thought a scrambled egg would taste so friggin good...tried pureed chicken in my blender...it sucked...looking forward to my post op appt tomorrow to get all the bandages off. strangely...the one incision that the nurse forgot to cover is almost completely healed. have a great day everyone and lets all have an awesome September

:biggrin:

Well I had my first post op appointment today. I am down 10 lbs.

As of yesterday I am on full liquids, which to my doctor means Protein shakes with my Clear Liquids. Well, I am still hungry on that, so I am also doing some small amounts of strained Soups.

My next appointment is September 10th with the dietitian and that's when I get to move to mushies. I can't wait, lol.

2 days after that I have a baby shower to go to. I am considering skipping it because I don't know what I'll be able to eat. It's my husbands cousin and I am not close to her, but I already bought a present. Wish I knew what I would feel like and what food they will have to know if there will be some things I could at least pick at. Dh's family doesn't know about my surgery so if I go and don't eat they will wonder why.

I've learned its a process and a hard one at that. I was on another thread and it was" my first vomit". I was shocked at why she vomited...Eating hamburgers and Birthday cake...23 days out. We all blow things from time to time , My husbands birthday is tommarow and i will Not be eating the cake (DAMNIT its icecream too) , Because i got the band to help me and cheating like that is sabatoging myself. I have not cheated (Yet) ,although there are days i want to. ALL of us August Banditos are Awesome !!!! Keep moving forward and we all can use each others support!!!

~Jennifer~

You know Jennifer, I think there are some people who really are not commited to this seriously. I mean when I first started this journey, I did not know about "bandster hell", pbing, or sliming! But because I am desperately serious about getting this weight off,and know I need this tool, I am commited. I also am self-pay for what that is worth.

Maybe also this person just did not spend time reading the bad or negative posts along with the positive posts.

Just my thoughts,

Kelly