Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Rush in bandland!

I have a really big problem with the Bariatric Advantage vitamins...they totally gross me out and I dread having to take them...i swear i even had a bad dream about taking them last night...im trying not to be dramatic and I suck it up and take them but I cant help it...LOL....Any suggestions?

I use Centrum chewables, they are orange flavor. I usually don't care for anything that is orange flavored but these are not bad at all.

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to let you know about a fun web site called bariatrictv.com. Really, check this out, it is a fun site.

Talk to ya soon,

Kelly:thumbup:

OMG! Kelly this site is tooo funny. And full of great advice!

Beachbunny,

So glad to read your post this morning. It's two weeks post op for me today and I am the same as I was last week; however, I started on mushies this last week and I think my body is acclimating. It's always disappointing to look at the scale and see nothing, but I figure I not only lost 17 pounds over the last three weeks, I also kept it to the same number for a week! That's a first. Usually when I am done with a diet I sabotage my efforts for a good week or two and put it all back on.

So I'm looking for the NSVs this week and pretty happy about maintaining....besides, doesn't that mean next week should be pretty good weight loss!?

Hey, Jen! Good to see you. I was stuck at 18 lb loss and finally after a week of mushies I have moved! I went up a couple the beginning of the week and now I am back down. A total of 19 lbs. I have my post-op tomorrow. I was also getting discouraged and I do believe the first month is going to be up and down. Glad to see you are doing well.

I have a really big problem with the Bariatric Advantage vitamins...they totally gross me out and I dread having to take them...i swear i even had a bad dream about taking them last night...im trying not to be dramatic and I suck it up and take them but I cant help it...LOL....Any suggestions?

I am taking the Bx Essentials by Metagenics. They are orange flavored. My doc also said flintstone chewables are good too and they are only once a day.

I use Centrum chewables, they are orange flavor. I usually don't care for anything that is orange flavored but these are not bad at all.

Are you only trying to loose 50 pounds?

Are you only trying to loose 50 pounds?

no, that is just my first goal

no, that is just my first goal

Ok , I don't know what I was thinking! I did notice your bmi when i looked again.........sorry ; )

No problem...wish I just had 50 to lose lol

Anybody still having left shoulder pain? I am 1 week and 2 days banded and my shoulder still hurts off/on. Sometimes it REALLY hurts BAD!! I looked at alot of the threads about shoulder pain on here and now I'm a little scared. What a PIA if this keeps up!!!

So my surgeon said the only Fluid in my band is what's put there to PRIME it for surgery. How much is that? I'm having a hysterectomy next week and my Ob/Gyn said the band has to be TOTALLY EMPTY before surgery.

I guess I'll call tomorrow and see if the nurse knows.

I was banded Monday Aug 23,2010, I've actually had more pain than I expected.. The one thing now that is causing me most problems is that I seem to have heartburn. Not sure because I've never had heartburn before..Its a pain in my chest that feels like I have to burp but can't.. I haven't eaten any real food so not sure why I would be having heartburn. I get it before I eat and after I eat or drink anything. Anyone else have any issues with this? I am taking pepcid AC twice a day but doesn't seem to help much.

I was banded Monday Aug 23,2010, I've actually had more pain than I expected.. The one thing now that is causing me most problems is that I seem to have heartburn. Not sure because I've never had heartburn before..Its a pain in my chest that feels like I have to burp but can't.. I haven't eaten any real food so not sure why I would be having heartburn. I get it before I eat and after I eat or drink anything. Anyone else have any issues with this? I am taking pepcid AC twice a day but doesn't seem to help much.

Sorry , no I have not had any heartburn at all. My Dr. prescribed pepcid and they started right away giving it to me in the Hospital. I also have to take it twice a day. I would ask your Dr. about it if it keeps up. Take care this to shall pass.

When you have laproscopic surgery the doctor pumps your chest full of gas so they can see better. What you are feeling is gas that has nowhere to go. After about a week it will go away. There is a lot of pumped gas from the surgery floating around. You will start to hurt with air bubbles under your rib cage and possibly to your shouldsers when you stand up and the gas rises.

Hi All.

Sorry I haven't posted a lot, just end of summer and so much to do! I believe I'm in lap band hell! scale hasn't moved all week, I'm 2 weeks post op and HUNGRY! I have pain under my left rib, I'm constipated and gasy...any advice is appreciated!!!

:tongue2:

I know I wont do too well on the pureed foods either becuase I have an issue with textures. But I just ate about 2 tbsp of thinned mashed potatoes and OH.MY.HEAVEN. Solid food!

AmberK,

i know what you mean about the mashed potatoes. I was banded on 8/18 and am loving my mashed potatoes, but i get the ones that are flavored, it give me that satisfaction i need. Who ever it was that thought of instant potatoes is my hero.

:(

Anybody still having left shoulder pain? I am 1 week and 2 days banded and my shoulder still hurts off/on. Sometimes it REALLY hurts BAD!! I looked at alot of the threads about shoulder pain on here and now I'm a little scared. What a PIA if this keeps up!!!

hi YummyTummy, i was banded on the 18th and still have a little bit of the shoulder pain. Every day is has gotten better. I told my dr during my post op visit and he didn't seem worried about it. So apparently it is normal what we are feeling. :(