Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Rush in bandland!

I didn't realize we had switched over to this side :) I am two days post op and super sore! My gas pains have been very tolerable but the soreness has been a bit of a surprise... It feels like I just ran a mile and have a constant stitch in my side. But I know it won't last long, so I'm just doing my best to work around it. I'm glad to see so many of you doing so well, it gives me hope that in a few days I'll be good as gold :wink2:

One more day for both of us Sultana! Woohooooo!

Excited, Janelle?? Tomorrow we join y'all!! I have to be there at 7:30 a.m. Eek!

I got banded this past Monday, Aug 9th and today is the first day that I feel my breathing is getting better. I didn't mind the soreness around the stomach or even the pain in your left shoulder. Not being able to take a deep breath was a killer. Now I'm close to reaching my goal for deep breathing at 2500. I can now blown into that little tube to 2000. Yesterday it was consistently at 1500.

How's everybody else's breathing doing? Oh, and my Protein shakes bloat me so I think I'm going to only drink one a day .

I got banded this past Monday, Aug 9th and today is the first day that I feel my breathing is getting better. I didn't mind the soreness around the stomach or even the pain in your left shoulder. Not being able to take a deep breath was a killer. Now I'm close to reaching my goal for deep breathing at 2500. I can now blown into that little tube to 2000. Yesterday it was consistently at 1500.

How's everybody else's breathing doing? Oh, and my Protein shakes bloat me so I think I'm going to only drink one a day .

I got banded on Tuesday and my breathing has gotten a lot better today. I even got the little thing up to 3000! I was surprised that it was so hard to breathe at first, and while I certainly can't catch all my breath, it has gotten much better!

Good luck Timanmich!!!

I was banded Aug. 5 and seem to be tolerating the liquid diet well -- physically. (Emotionally is a whole different thing.) The incision where the port is is still a little sore, but nothing I can't handle.

I just worry for the future. I feel that I've made a HUGE commitment and while I know I'm ready for it, it's scary!

My craving has been for pickles. I actually went and bought some just so I could drink the juice. Was hoping that would help with the craving. It did, but I still wanted a pickle. When I was able to move to mushies, I ate the inside of one. It is nice and mushy.

I am a huge pickle person, maybe if you peel it quick whip in the blender and wa-la! mushy pickle! Wow sometimes I amaze myself....think I'll go try it right now!

I haven't had any real cravings for anything ... Just the desire to eat solid foods. And, if I don't let myself get too hungry, that's not much of an issue, either. I'm "eating" more than the recommended three meals a day, but if I don't eat more, I get too hungry and start making poor food choices. I think today I'll track my calories and see if I'm really doing anything too terrible with my extra meals.

AMARIS I AM WRITING EVERYTHING DOWN THAT GOES INTO MY MOUTH. I GOT A JOURNAL(at the 99 cent store)EverydayS I WRITE MY WEIGHT,GOAL,POUNDS LOST, IF I'VE TAKEN MY PROTIEN ETC.,ETC. I ALSO KEEP TRACK OF CARBS AND CALORIES, IN CASE I HAVE A MELTDOWN, DOING THE CARB THING I'M RIGHT THERE WITH CALORIES TOO!

Edited by kellyodoran

Oh, and my Protein shakes bloat me so I think I'm going to only drink one a day .

I'm ten days out, and I still have trouble drinking a full Protein shake. What I've started doing is only mixing them half strength (Half the liquid, half the powder) and drinking them more often throughout the day. That's helping me a lot!

pickle pops guys. Freeze the Pickle Juice. It tastes just as good and lasts much longer.

brilliant! :)

AMARIS I AM WRITING EVERYTHING DOWN THAT GOES INTO MY MOUTH. I GOT A JOURNAL(at the 99 cent store)EverydayS I WRITE MY WEIGHT,GOAL,POUNDS LOST, IF I'VE TAKEN MY PROTIEN ETC.,ETC. I ALSO KEEP TRACK OF CARBS AND CALORIES, IN CASE I HAVE A MELTDOWN, DOING THE CARB THING I'M RIGHT THERE WITH CALORIES TOO!

I'm just writing on loose leaf paper until I can get a notebook to use a journal. I live in kind of remote area, so no just running to the store for me! Congrats on everything you are keeping track of. You're sure to shine!

I'm just writing on loose leaf paper until I can get a notebook to use a journal. I live in kind of remote area, so no just running to the store for me! Congrats on everything you are keeping track of. You're sure to shine!

where about in the High Desert? I used to live there too, for about 7 years!

where about in the High Desert? I used to live there too, for about 7 years!

I live in Silver Lakes (Helendale), off the 66 between Barstow and Victorville. Where did you live?