Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Rush in bandland!

Congrats to all the bandits! 4 more days till I cross into band land. My name is Janelle, on 7th day of pre-op. Will keep in touch

I am very hungry as well. Today is my last day of clear liquids....ahhhh I can not wait to add Protein shakes & Soups to my diet tomorrow.

Isopure makes a clear Protein Drink you should try it out very yummy you can get them at GNC...Good Luck (no i dont work for Isopure i just think they are yummy :()

You said you take Cymbalta right? I might try and take one of my Prozac and see what happens. I just can't stand being without it.

i take Cymbalta i'm just afraid it will be too big of a capsule to take after my band...please let me know if it doesnt give you a problem....thanks

I didnt wind up taking my cymbalta yesterday because I took an Immodium and had a little problem with that going down just because of my gag reflex and then I took Diflucan for this nasty yeast infection I got from the IV antibiotics. I just didnt want to take too many pills and try to push the situation. But my Cymbalta (60 mg) pill is smaller than the Immodium and I was able to get that down just fine. Once I get something in my stomach this morning Im going to take the Cymbalta and will let you know how it goes!

I really need to go grocery shopping Friday. But I know it's too soon to carry my 4 month old in his carrier. He only weighs 14 lbs and I can carry him fine but his carrier adds another 15 lbs.

I normally wear him in my Ergo carrier while I shop but my belly is just too sore to do that.

Hey ladies!

24 hours post op 4 me!!! Only a few things...my left should is killin me!!! Doc said it was just gas but oh em gee!!! My port doesnt hurt but the incison thru my belly button hurts when i lay down or get up...i was given a local anethistic cream 4 my incisions but scared 2 touch or even look at them....(i have the binder on)....i was on a full liquid diet yesterday....now day 2 thru 7 i am allowed modified solids such as baby food and mash potatoes...i'm not really hungry so forcing down 2oz every meal seems so unreal! I am soo happy with this decision and journey! Just as soon as i can get past the poot in my arm and my belly button pain! LOL~

I am also a "freak out" when it comes 2 some textures...should definately be interesting.

I'm also on prozac....u swallowed it whole? or opened up the tablets?

Tomorrow I am officially on this side of August Rush! Here I come....

Good luck tomorrow Jen!

So today I took the plunge and made myself a Protein shake- Ive been afriad to drink them because I got nauseous the other day making some Soup with unflavored Protein in it. I was able to drink 3/4 of it and did well. Although I did lay down afterwards and fell asleep and Ive been nauseous ever since but Ive also been burping up a storm too. IDK- maybe i just get nauseous when I have a bunch of gas.

Anyway- had to sequester myself in my room while DH fixed the kids dinner. They had eggs, bacon, and waffles and man the bacon smelled good. I came back down and fixed myself some thinned down cream of wheat. This not eating regular stuff is getting old real fast. These next 3 weeks need to breeze by for me or Im going to go nuts.

Okay guys I'm so confused! I definitely have to call my bariatric counselor tomorrow.

My diet sheet is confusing the heck out of me. It says Week 2- pureed to regular. Full liquids and foods that require no chewing.

Examples: oatmeal, Cream of Wheat, Scrambled eggs

So does that mean I start those things on Saturday at the START of week 2? Because it says Week 1 is just the first 7 days.

It also says eat only 1/2 cup at a time. So I can't have more if I'm still hungry? I'm starving!! I'm actually hoping she will give me the okay to start on Thursday or Friday instead. I'm doing well and it says to advance as long as your not having problems.

My other rant is I'm embarrassed to even say this but since surgery Friday I'm burping and tooting constantly!:) It doesn't smell but it will stop soon right? Or will I be doing this forever??:w00t:

Hi All,

I'm crossing over from the Pre-Op to the Post-Op August Rush forum too! I'm 4 days out now and feeling good, but have had a horrible problem with burping today and yesterday! I swear, it sounds like a machine gun sometimes....so embarassing at work today!

I too am on Full liquids right now....I am not super hungry, but I'm really tired of sweet stuff. pudding, Jello, gatorade, chocolate protien shakes. I want something salty! I am funny about textures too, moving on to the puree stage freaks me out....liquified tuna anyone? NO THANKS.

I too am really looking forward to mashed potatoes and refried Beans though!! LOL, such small things make me so happy.

Isopure makes a clear Protein drink you should try it out very yummy you can get them at GNC...Good Luck (no i dont work for Isopure i just think they are yummy :))

I actually have Isopures, they make me extremely thirsty - I don't know if it's the sodium content in them or not, but I need to down a bottle of Water afterwards to help balance out! Thanks :w00t:

Hi All,

I'm crossing over from the Pre-Op to the Post-Op August Rush forum too! I'm 4 days out now and feeling good, but have had a horrible problem with burping today and yesterday! I swear, it sounds like a machine gun sometimes....so embarassing at work today!

I too am on Full Liquids right now....I am not super hungry, but I'm really tired of sweet stuff. pudding, Jello, gatorade, chocolate protien shakes. I want something salty! I am funny about textures too, moving on to the puree stage freaks me out....liquified tuna anyone? NO THANKS.

I too am really looking forward to mashed potatoes and refried Beans though!! LOL, such small things make me so happy.

I'm with you! I feel that way too about sweet stuff. I am eating Chobani non-fat yogurt w/ some splenda this morning, and its a special treat! I am meeting with my DR tomorrow for my follow up and I'm hoping he will give me a time frame to move to pureed foods! GOOD LUCK