Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Rush in bandland!

I hope its ok that I started this thread over on the post-op side! Just wanted to check in to see how those who have been banded are doing?

Im 5 days post op and Im HUNGRY. This all liquid business is really getting annoying. I think Im dehydrated too but Im going in to see my doctor today just to make sure everything is ok. I was feeling nauseous and still running a low grade fever. I talked with the doc last night and she said she didn't seem too worried about it but wanted me to come in today just to followup. Im going to ask her about starting some applesauce, pudding or thinned out cream of wheat. I need something more solid in my stomach.

To top everything else off- Im having female issues and bathroom issues. I started my period a week early 3 days before surgery even though Im on the pill and technically not supposed to start until this week. And I have a yeast infection from the antibiotics I got in the hospital. And then with nothing but liquids coming out I have a hemorrhoid. SHOOT ME NOW.

And the worst was last night when I was taking care of some lady business and was trying to be real gentle with my insicions so I didnt stretch too much and hurt them- well I got the MOTHER of all cramps in my lower abdomen (down below my belly button) that would not go away. I was in EXCRUCIATING pain and it hurt so bad that I really thought I was going to black out from the pain. After what seemed like 10 years (but really only 30 secs) things started getting better. But I called my husband upstairs and had him lay down iwth me just to make sure I wasnt going to pass out.

Anyways, after last night Im glad Im going in to see the doctor. I think I need to get some gatorade to drink because im probably dehydrated but just want to check with her to make sure its ok. And hopeing she will clear me to eat a little something. Im tired of feeling so weak and tired all the time.

I am very hungry as well. Today is my last day of Clear Liquids....ahhhh I can not wait to add Protein shakes & Soups to my diet tomorrow.

Today is the 1st day I am actually feeling good, I picked up the house and will do some more house work later. I am still tired and not sleeping well at night. I'm back to work on Wednesday, not looking forward to that!

Hey girls, If you are dehydrated try Powerade Zero, It is the same as gatorade, only zero calories,,,,,,after all we do want to keep the prize at the end of the line in mind, right?

peace out

Kelly

hey girl-

Just back from seeing my doc. My incisions look well and she took off the steri-strips. I havent looked at the incision where my port is but one of the smaller ones kinda freaks me out. Its wierd seeing a hole in your abdomen even if it is small.

She game me an rx for diflucan for the yeast infection. YAY! She also said with the diarrhea that I can take immodium to help with that. Either the liquid or a tablet is fine. That is one of those things that I wish they would have told me I could do post-op. GRRRR. If I had known that then maybe I wouldnt be dealing with a sore backside.

Definitely told me to start my anti-depressants back up. She said I shouldnt have any problem swallowing them right now since I have no restriction in my band.

Ive been given the green light to go to the next stage of foods. YAY! Im going to try some applesauce right now and maybe a little later will try some thinned mashed potatoes. This really excites me!

hey girl-

Just back from seeing my doc. My incisions look well and she took off the steri-strips. I havent looked at the incision where my port is but one of the smaller ones kinda freaks me out. Its wierd seeing a hole in your abdomen even if it is small.

She game me an rx for diflucan for the yeast infection. YAY! She also said with the diarrhea that I can take immodium to help with that. Either the liquid or a tablet is fine. That is one of those things that I wish they would have told me I could do post-op. GRRRR. If I had known that then maybe I wouldnt be dealing with a sore backside.

Definitely told me to start my anti-depressants back up. She said I shouldnt have any problem swallowing them right now since I have no restriction in my band.

Ive been given the green light to go to the next stage of foods. YAY! Im going to try some applesauce right now and maybe a little later will try some thinned mashed potatoes. This really excites me!

Yay!! I'm jealous:) I'd love some mashed potatoes right now. I'm starving. I've already had 64 oz of Water, a cup of Tomato Soup and 2 Protein shakes.

You said you take Cymbalta right? I might try and take one of my Prozac and see what happens. I just can't stand being without it.

I second the Powerade Zero also. I actually LOVE that stuff!

I posted in the other thread. Oh well.

Had what little bit of saline that was in my band taken out today. I wasn't hungry, and I couldn't eat. I could feel every thing that was going through. I finished an applesauce this afternoon which was the first time I've been able to "eat" that amount since being banded. Now, my port site is tender, which she told me it would be.

Really love the way that they do post-op. There were 4 of us banded on the same day, so they took us back one at a time, weighed us, checked our incisions, and then showed us to a room. Where we all got to sit and chat for about 30 minutes as they took 3 of us back to be unfilled. Then the nurse set with us and went over our mushy food stage which started today. They will do our first fill the same way.

My Prozac went down no problem:) I've also managed to clean my kitchen, do my dishes and 2 loads of laundry. Plus I've gotten everything planned and ready to cook supper for the family- and of course my Protein Shake is already made. I guess I'll drink on that while I cook.

YAY Amanda! I havent taken my Cymbalta yet only because I took an Immodium and had a little trouble swallowing that- not becuase of the band but it got stuck on the back of my tongue and that makes me gag. So I was assuming the worst and thought it would come back up but it didnt.

I'm just starting to feel hungry today. I have both yogurt and puddingo on my my "full liquids" list from the nutritionist, so I've had a bit of those both with no problems. I'm having a hard time even looking forward to mushies at this point because I'm a very picky eater, and even worse, a "texture" person. So the idea of pureeing even the softest foods kind of sicks me out. :thumbup:

Wish I'd been prepared for the "liquids in, liquids out" phenomenon as well! Yikes! lol

I know I wont do too well on the pureed foods either becuase I have an issue with textures. But I just ate about 2 tbsp of thinned mashed potatoes and OH.MY.HEAVEN. Solid food!

When can you have mashed potatoes? How did you make them? I haven't even started full-liquids yet! AHHH

When does your doc allow full liquids? Mine allows them on day 2.

I woke up from a nap today with a horrible gas pain under my ribs but above my port. I've been walking all day long and taking Gas X and it refuses to leave. It's okay as long as I sit down and don't try to stand up and do anything.

I was told Clear Liquids day 1-2 then full days 3-7. Today is day 5 but my doctor gave me the go ahead to try the pureed foods.

As far as the mashed potatoes- I got the potato flakes and cooked them in the microwave with a little milk and lite margarine. Then when they were cooked I added more milk to thin them down really well.

Im eating a little bit of refried Beans right now- I put them in the blender with some Water and blended them up then zapped em in the microwave. There are some bigger pieces in it so I think Im going to wait for a little bit to try this again. I dont want to screw anything up.