Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For now I am just trying to decide on a Protein Powder. Luckily I have 3 weeks before I need it so am just looking for your :smile2: or your :party: on the differnt options. There seems to be so many to choose from. I assumed I would go with the CIB since it would be easist to find however finding the assorted is not easy, seems to be primarily chocolate which will give me Migraines. I have heard the Unjury is ok from some, others not so much. Again at walgreens, Walmart etc.. the big jugs seems to be primarily chocolate, and although a pound of Protein powder seems like a lot I'm sure I will go thru it in no time. I went to GNC but with only a few minutes to spare and was overwhelmed..so figured I will go back when I have more time. The taste of like splenda, aspertame etc isn't horrible for me but the taste of Vitamins is. Lastly texture is my enemy.. I like smooth, no chunks..

You can try the Isopure clear Protein Drinks. They have 150 or 160 calories and 40 grams of Protein. No aspertame. They have different fruit flavors. I like the grape frost flavor and I mix in a little lemonade with it. I get mine at GNC. They are around $4 a bottle. I buy it by the case, so it's a little less.

I was a Protein shake junkie before this whole thing so I might be totally jaded... so here goes...

My surgeon recommended Muscle Milk Light - they sell it at GNC and it comes in vanilla, chocolate, banana cream and strawberry - maybe others too. It is low carb but it does have some fat, which tends to make it taste a little better than the fat free varieties. My feeling is that fat free Protein is meant to be mixed with milk. I was required to mix my protein, preop, with Water, so the muscle milk was much better than other Proteins I have had.

In general, the whey Proteins are better IMHO... easier on the digestive system, etc.

I would also buy some non-flavored LOW CARB, LOW FAT protein powder which can easily be mixed POST surgery with food so that you can up your protein intake.

One other note, the body really only absorbs about 25g of protein at a time - so try to find a shake mix that gets you there. There are plenty of premade shakes that are like 9-12 grams of protein, but you can do better than that.

if your going for Protein, the premium protein at costco is 30 grams in a 11,something oz shake and really low carbs. tastes like a watered down milk shake. not terrible.

I like Inspire from bariatricEating.com, carmel latte is my favorite. It has 30 gm of Protein.< /p>

I've tried quite a few of the main brands that everyone usually recommends and didn't like any of them. The only one that I like is Myoplex Original Powder, by EAS with 42 grams of Protein per packet.

I get the vanilla flavored one and mix it with 1/4 of a box of Jell-o sugar-free vanilla pudding (25 calories) and Water. It doesn't get quite as thick as a regular pudding because I'm using water, but it's easier to eat a pudding a day rather than trying to force down a thick shake.< /p>

Here's an FYI for you, so you don't make the same assumptions that I did... unflavored protein powders do not mean it is tasteless! It just means that their not adding anything to try and mask the awful taste.:party:

Buy samplers first!

I've used Isopure Zero-carb for a while, before being banded. The vanilla, chocolate and strawberry taste good and mix pretty good in Water. I did recently find Dymatize Nutrition came out with ISO100. It's cheaper than Isopure and has the same calories/protein content and it tastes better than the Isopure. It too, is zero carb. If you buy your supplements online, check out supplementwarehouse or bestpricenutrition. They are alot cheaper than GNC, VitaminShoppe and other local stores. Just my two cents.

I try to take in as much Protein at one time as possible since I would prefer to eat my protein rather than drink it. With that said while I was on my post op diet I used EAS whey protein which has 23 grams per scoop. I use two scoops with soy milk which the one I buy has 12 grams of protein per serving so that gives me 58 grams of protein per shake. When I don't feel like cooking or just eating I have one of these. I know of some that use sugar free syrups for coffee in them to make them a little more tasty. I haven't tried it yet though. Good luck!

I've tried a lot of them too! And I don't like the chocolate flavor to much, my favorite so far is Atkins strawberry!! Delicious, Dr wheeler's vanilla was really good too, but the easiest to mix in your food and stuff is beneprotein, I bought it in the little packages and just keep them in my purse I use it in Greek yogurt, sometimes as Creamers for my Coffe or hot tea ... the worse I've had was the Bariatric Advantage strawberry!! I hatef it it was like spicey in my throat.. Isopure was ok I still have a lot of them since I don't like them that much they made my kidney hurt ..

I like the Inspire line from bariatriceating.com. Their PURE unflavored Protein is very, very good, too--I add it to all sorts of things.

I liked the Isopure the best. Some flavors were better than others but I bought the variety case from bariatriceatting.com so i could try many of them. The fruit punch is my favorite. The zero carb Protein powders aren't so bad. I mix one scoop of the protein mix and one scoop of carnation instant Breakfast. I only did this post op though.

Genesis Today sells a product called Protein 100. It is Liquid Protein. 1 oz. has 15 grams of protein and only 60 calories. I put it in a shot glass and shoot it so can't really tell how it taste.

I recently found a really good one. Nutrition Direct brand and it is not that expensive. either.:(