Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July banders-work together

I got my band on July 12, 2010 and I have not had any problems keeping food down or any of that, but early on this week I noticed I was starting to have like a sharp pinching feeling every so often around my port. Nothing to the point of me losing my breath or anything, but a feeling of someone just pinching me. Has anyone else experienced that?:party:
I was banded on July 19th and going thru this exact same thing. Its quite seldom when it happens but always catches me by surprise.:smile2: Maybe the port is settling in. I will ask my Dr on my next appt. Best of luck

Hi everybody. My name is Joyce I live in Newark, NJ and was banded and hital hernia repair 7/21 and stayed one night had to do test in the morning.

I had no pain after surgery but was very tired. Port site did not want to close so I was put on Amoxicillin w/Calavuante which gave me a very bad sore throat. Port site still not closing so they put me on Bactrim and now have hives. After three doses had to stop and the site is now healing.

I did the two week pre-op of clear, started a few days earlier. Post-op 5 days of clear, 3 weeks of puree. I can have 2oz for each of the 3 meals and 3 4oz protien shakes.

I had my gallblader removed in 6/87. Last year I was diagnoised with H. Pylori and Hep A. I got them from eating fish, which came from dirty Water. I can't get them or pass them to anyone.

As of this morning I have lost 30.8lbs.

I have two questions :

1. Is anybody burping alot?

2. Do you have a bad taste in your mouth that makes some food taste bad?

Hi Joyce. I was banded on July 19th I have not experienced the bad taste but I burp alot and I get the hiccups alot right after I sip some liquid or eat something. I chew my food really good but I am aware I was drinking liquid to fast. The burps sometimes catch me by surprise and are quite loud :party: I start to laugh everytime it happens. I told my neighbor that her 2 teenage boys have competition know. LOL! I hope this is just temporary. Best of luck!

This is off-topic regarding our surgeries...but can anyone tell me how to use the weight loss ticker? I went to the site, created one, and got the code, but I do not know where to paste the code so it will show up in my posts and show my progress. Can anyone offer some help? Thank you! :party:

This is off-topic regarding our surgeries...but can anyone tell me how to use the weight loss ticker? I went to the site, created one, and got the code, but I do not know where to paste the code so it will show up in my posts and show my progress. Can anyone offer some help? Thank you! :party:

Hi Stars, Here is a step by step Ticker tutorial. Have fun!:smile2:

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f17/ticker-tutorial-pictures-41782/

I asked my doc about the sharp pain in port that is random. He said the port is sewn into muscle and so the top layer of our flesh will move and the muscle is healing and so it will pull until it completely heals (6 weeks). I think if it is random and not too severe not to worry. Good luck ladies!

Iv been lucky to have no port pain at all at least yet...I am just happy I feel like me again finally!! but man I am starving today..first day of truly feeling hungry!! I am thinking how I am going to live with this hunger for another week on liquids!!!

I want to wear a shirt that says "Don't Poke the Bear ! She gave up Diet Coke, Cigarettes, popcorn, and food this month. It's not gonna' be pretty!"

This is HYSTERICAL!! I want to get a shirt like that too...only mine is Diet Pepsi. LOL

I'm also not as strong as you, and I caved on smoking after the surgery. I was doing great pre-surgery, but I started smoking again the day I got home from the hospital. I just needed SOMETHING to do instead of eating.... :party:

Hello everyone! I just found this site yesterday, and this wonderful thread today. I hope you don't mind if I join you?

I was banded on July 30th, so I'm on day 8. My first post-op visit is coming up on Tuesday. No fills for 8 weeks, at the earliest.

My surgeon has some fairly strict post-surgery eating guidelines as follows:

Week 1: Clear Liquid (this was rough!!)

Week 2: Full Liquid

Weeks 3-4: pureed Foods

Weeks 5-8: Soft Foods

Week 9: Regular Foods

I'm still looking forward to the end of the gas pain in my shoulders and for my swollen incisions to heal!! I'm tired of hurting.

I have absolutely no desire to go back to work either. Call me terrible, but I've been busting my a$$ at that job for years and I'm going to take off as much time as I'm allowed to. My disability is approved through August 29th, so my plan is to take it all and go back to work on 8/30. I'm hopeful that I might actually be able to ENJOY some of the time off..... the last week certainly wasn't much fun.

Can't wait to get to know you all!

Hi Christie!! Welcome!We were banded the same day! your so lucky to have all that time off...I took a week of vacation and go back monday and even though I am physically ready I dont want to go back. I agree with you we bust our butts at work and if you can take it definitly do!! I had to take vacation because if I did disability they make me take all my time before the benefits kick in and I didnt want to lose all my time yet.

I was only required to take 5 days of PTO before disability kicked in, and I know how nice that is! I'll still have a couple weeks of PTO left after I go back. :party:

It sure is nice to hear about all the things you are going through and know that you are not alone. I keep gaining 3 lbs and taking a couple days to get that off and then losing 2 lbs and then the cycle starts all over. ITs probably normal but dang i cut my food back so far from normal im surprised im not malnutritioned HAHA Anyhow welcome to you all and looking forward to getting to know you all :party:

Count me in...banded July 21st...getting used to it...weight coming off good, hunger no to bad, completely committed at this point to eating the right things.

Thanks everybody glad I am not alone with this burping.

I do feel hungry once in a while and I drink Water and feel better nothing too bad yet still have 9 days of puree left. Wonder what can go in the blender next.:party:

This is HYSTERICAL!! I want to get a shirt like that too...only mine is Diet Pepsi. LOL

I'm also not as strong as you, and I caved on smoking after the surgery. I was doing great pre-surgery, but I started smoking again the day I got home from the hospital. I just needed SOMETHING to do instead of eating.... :smile2:

Sorry about the smoking, Christie. It's hard... but the Chantix helps me keep focused... and my teenage boys are so happy. I pray I can do it. I guess my thought is if I'm already unhappy (no eating), why not be truly miserable and stop smoking also. LOL *But a cigarette with my liquids would surely help! :party:

I am about to go on puree and I am not lookinf forward to it. I cant imagine putting things chicken and veggies in the blender to make it like baby food. It is not an appealing thought. But does anyone have some receipies for pureees that taste good and are filling?:party: