Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Were Cooking in August

Thank the powers that be for the internet!! I have no clue how I could stick with this new lifestyle (ie diet) if it wasn't for the internet. It is so flipping wonderful when you are going out to eat and you know where you are going to look up their menu and nutritional values! Like today at work, I brought my lunch but others were going to go pick up Runza. Well, I got on-line and was grossed out by the calories in the sandwiches, but the Tossed salad with Grilled chicken looked really good. I would never have chosen that without all the information right in front of me. It just makes this so much easier.

Hey Everyone, I'm still around. Like everyone sometimes I don't want to come and reveal I didn't keep up my end of the bargin. I have lost 10lb since last being here. But, that's due to my not eating well. I think, I know I'm too restricted but don't want to go back to the doc. Afraid he won't take out enough to keep my from PBing. My meals mostly consist of oatmeal for Breakfast, and lunch stretching into dinner. Therefor only having two meals a day. Then when I can eat it's mostly Protein. Veggies are almost none existence. Due to I haven't done much cooking for my frig is still not keeping foods cold. So I can't cook and keep leftovers in the frig. Exercise, again almost not existence. Excerise about 1x or 2x a week.

But, I still and do think each and everyone often. So, I'm going to try and come back whether I gain or lose. You all do keep me getting back on track. Just so I can come and post my successes.

As we all say and know without the band we would not be where we're at today. As a matter of fact, when I do any yoga moves that needs to be done on my stomach, my band gets in the way if I don't lay right. So, koodoo's for me...

Hey Gwen-So glad to hear from you. You are too tight and I am not tight enough. I fight not to try to eat too much. Most days it works, a few it didn't. But, I just keep on plugging away and one day I will be where I need to be. I have found that if I don't walk at least a half mile on the treadmill, I feel guilty. Tonight I was watching an older Will Smith movie, I Robot, and I did 1.15. And I had it up to 2.4 mph. For me that is hauling butt!!

And just a quick reminder Gwen, YOU LOST OVER 100 LBS!! YOU ROCK!! YOU ARE MY HERO!! Keep up the great work. Somedays are better then others, but you have never given up.

Blessings,

I'm with Gwen right now. Think I'm to tight. I'm trouble with indigestion. Some days it fine, but right now I have had indigestion for serveral days in a row. Need to call the doctor, but afraid the will take out to much. I have actually lost weight this time for the first time in serveral years. Can't figure out why it doesn't bother me all the time and just part of the time. I really thought it would get better as time went on and I lost some weight. I have lost about 15 to 20 lbs since this fill in May, so really thought it lossen up some. Guess I will have to give up and call them in the next few days.

Gwen glad to have you back. I know how hard it is to stay on track, but this is a life style change and it can be really hard. We will have our up and downs, but we have to stick with it. It will happen, I have to believe that.

Carol

Good Morning Everyone. Just checking in. No weight loss lately, still holding at 193lbs.

Carol, also in being too restricted, if that's our problem, I can't take hot seasoned or spicy/rich foods. This is the worse. Usually I can take chinese foods seasoned with garlic sauce. Yesterday it was horrible. I only had two bites and was done. Tried it for dinner and still couldn't finish it.

I'm going away tomorrow and I don't know how I'm going to make it. For we all know part of going away is sampling the foods.

Like you Carol, I'm going to try and tolerate this restriction a few weeks longer. It doesn't feel like it'll let up then I'll get some taken out. Being filled is not an exact science.

So, everyone let's continue on. Till I return take care of yourselves.

Good Morning

Just did a big gripe write in July before I found the marchies in Aug. just ignore but it felt good :thumbup:

Ok lets get tis weight going in the right direction again!!

Damn it. I am going to call and get a fill I haven't PB in quite a while I think I need to get a little adjustment. And Walk and drink more Water. Come on we can do this!!!!

Bev

Yeah Carol!! 15-20 lbs, thats wonderful!!

Before treatment I want too tight only once. That is awful and painful. I didn’t stay that way for long. Now I just want to get to the right restriction again. My next fill is August 27!! Want just a little bit more to keep the hungers at bay. I can still eat too much and have to remind myself that if I don’t drop this weight and get my A1C going down, I am going to be back on my diabetic med in October.

I am loving walking on the treadmill. Some days I go for distance, others for speed. Well, last night was a speed night and when I do that I only try for a ½ mile. Well last night was my best time. Granted it was still 13 minutes, but for me that was great. I had it going at 2.7 mph and you should have heard me towards the end, “You can do it!! Grunt-Grunt, pant-pant! My husband thought I was nuts and one of my “Grunts” must have been a little louder then I thought, because my daughter came running out of her room because she thought I had hurt myself. It was funny and I was a sweaty mess. Next time I am going to distance at a SLOWER pace. 1.25 miles at least!!

I am fixating on a half pound!! If I lose it by tomorrow I will be down 7 lb in 3 weeks. I know that I am putting too much importance on the number on the scale, but dang, I want that 2 lbs gone this week. I am trying to tell myself that I will not be disappointed if I don’t make it, but I know that I will be. Why the heck am I jonesing over a flipping .5 lb? I’ve lost it!! Mentally that is.

Good Morning To Everyone. Carol I understand about agonizing those last ounces/pounds. Especially since we have the scales that measures in ounces now.

From one day to the next we can't tell when those pounds will go away for good. The body is so amazing. I do now realize if you don't eat regularly, like I have been doing lately, the body tends to go to it's reserves. That may be the reason we don't lose. I'm still holding at 193lbs for almost a month now. And I don't think it's because I've hit a plateau at this time.

Well, keep on with your new lifestyle of eating and increase the Protein and veggies and drink plenty of Water. We're still not done yet.

For after reaching our goal weight, it's onto maintaining it. I now look forward to that part. We about to past the hard part. To finding new foods, ways and excerises to keep off the weight.

See, we're still learining something new every day.

Not doing the best right now. I made my ½ lb goal, as a matter of fact it was a full pound, so I was down 7.5 lb is 3 weeks which I thought was great for me. Well, now I can’t seem to get motivated to keep going. I know that I am depressed (a lot of stuff happened this weekend) and I just don’t care right now. I decided to give myself some time and not be so strict about what I eat. If I have a real egg instead of egg whites, I am not going to beat myself up over it. I haven’t been on the treadmill since Thursday and I decided that that was ok. I think if I start stressing over what I am not doing right, it is just going to prolong not wanting to do it. I hope someone can understand that.

I know exactly what your talking about. Don't beat yourself up, if you can't do right now thats ok. Take a break and start over in a few days. We all have to deal with stress in our own ways. You will get back on track sooner if you don't feel so guilty.

Thanks Carol. The problem now is I keep telling myself "Tomorrow, yeah Tomorrow". Well, it's tomorrow and I just don't want to. Today is going to be about getting my house cleaned and then I am going to plan some menus for the week. So in essence, I will start again "Tomorrow". But this time tomorrow is coming and it is going to be the start of something wonderful.

How is everyone else holding up with this heat? I can't wait till fall. As soon as the weather holds below 85 degrees, I will be camping everyday that I have a day off. I can't sleep in when I am hot. I have a few fans running in my house to help the air conditioner, that is how hot it is here. Heres to cooler days and even cooler nights.

hello all....

i've been doing horribly lately.. the only thing i ave been doing right is going to the gym 2 times a week and working out with my pt...

but my eating is horrible!!!

im in such a slump lately!!! im going to see a nutritionist (on who works with band patients) on monday to hopefully work out a new plan for me...

-jENI

im so mad at myself :smile2:

So i went to see tis nutritionist on monday, and he is sending me to take a special class this thurseday.. and he said that it should help me a ton..

we shall see.:thumbup:

Hey Jeni, Let us know what the class is about and how it went. Sound like you are getting on the right track.

I got another fill Friday, so up to 1.9 in the band. I didn't think I was doing that great but I was down 6 lbs from my last fill. So hoping to drop more this next time. My next apt is Sept 24. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Anyway with all the stress I am under right now with work I am surprised that I haven't gained 20 lbs. We are short handed and I am picking up the slack. My boss helps but it would help more if he could just stay in the office more. He was gone doing bs for over 4 hours today. This is getting to be a bit much and I am just about fed up. I love my job and I don't want a different boss, but he doesn't see what it is doing to me. I think it is time for me to start keeping track of his time and showing him what I have been putting up with.

Wish me luck