Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So, five weeks post op on Tuesday. I am on solid foods now and I am 24 lbs down since starting my pro-op diet june 8th.

I am having no BAND issues. I am having a mind issue.

I eat and I make my self sick b/c I want whats left on my plate. I dont have my first fill yet but I was really hoping The band would be more than this.

Right now I am thinking I should have gone Bypass or sleeve.

I was just hoping the want to eat would go away. I hate being full and mentaly I still want something. HOW do I get rid of this. again, wouldnt have needed the surgery if I didnt have an eatting problem!! Just FRUSTRATED!!!!!!:(

You haven't had your first fill yet so...you have no restriction. It IS like you haven't even been banded (hunger-wise).

I'm 6 months post-op and I'm just now (4 fills later), at my perfect fill level. This is a SLOW process and physically and mentally, you're going to be on a roller coaster in the next few months. BUT - it's kind of necessary to feel these things so that you can move to the next phase.

This is just as much as mental game as it is anything else. We've become accustomed to our old eating habits and it takes a while to bust out of that.

You will get there, I promise. Where you are, right now, is the hardest time, post op. You're questioning everything and wondering if it's going to work. It IS - just give it time.

Also - try keeping a blog or a journal. It really helps to vent and get some of these feelings out. Plus, when you look at it 6 months from now, you'll realize how far you've come and know that you needed to go through each step to get you to where you are.

Good luck and be strong!!!

As MrsCabes said once you have restriction it will help, however, head hunger has to be managed. The food demons you experienced pre-band will not just go away.

You will have to find a way to manage those demons. Some people can do it on their own, while others need counseling or group sessions (OA) to maintain control.

Good luck!

Brad

MrsCabes thank you so much for your post! I`m 4 weeks out and questioning everything I`m doing. I`m frustrated because I just want to eat a little and get a break from hunger.

I`m glad to hear I`m normal and that this is only a temporary phase. I was just so pumped and now a bit let down.

There is nothing wrong with finishing everything on your plate if you use a smaller plate and don't over do it.

I am 5 months out and have the same issue with feeling it is necessary to clear my plate. This usually isn't an issue because I don't put much on my plate. When I eat out, which is daily, I ask for a to-go box as soon as the meal arrives and put everything but what I plan on eating in the box.

I don't walk on water; I get stuck and regurgitate my food at least twice a week because of over eating. When I mentioned it to my surgeon; he got pissed at me and told me I was heading for a slip.

That was a week ago and I have only overeaten once so far.

Come to the support meetings and you will see that many of us have similar issues. I know it's a far drive but it's only once a month. I will be reminding you when we are close to the August meeting on the 27th.

Bypass and sleeve don't take care of the mind issues. You have to tackle them, no matter what procedure you've had.

I agree that support group can help tremendously--both in helping you tackle these issues and giving you support as you do. It's really helpful to spend time with people who are a little farther down the road than you are---to see real evidence that those who have similarly struggled SUCCEED.

You WILL succeed. It's a process. You will develop a new relationship with food as you develop restriction.

(In the meantime, you've had a really good loss!)