Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I found it in someone's siggy here on the boards. Just right click and save it to your computer then I uploaded mine to photobucket and copied the code to but in my siggy! :)

where did you get your LAP-BAND® thingi? "i can do it"?

Can you have cottage cheese or yogurt?

Afternoons were hard for me during the pre-op diet. That is why I switched my Protein Shakes to lunch and afternoon. They would fill me up enough to tide me over to supper.

Yogurt, cottage cheese, and popsicles seemed to work for me.

I just got home yesterday after being banded on Tuesday! I feel a little sore and gassy. I can barely get down the 2 shot glasses of liquid every 30 min. Can't bleieve I did it!!! NEW LIFE HERE I COME!:)

Congrats!!!!

I just got home yesterday after being banded on Tuesday! I feel a little sore and gassy. I can barely get down the 2 shot glasses of liquid every 30 min. Can't bleieve I did it!!! NEW LIFE HERE I COME!:)

Jello and popsicles seems to help with my hunger.

Congrats Kelly!!

Help guys I get banded tomorrow and I'm starving today. I'm on day 10 of my pre op liquid diet and I'm starving and I would do anything for some real food:(

Congrats!!

I guess i am lucky also. My surgeon's office does not require pre-op diet. I was just told not to go on a last big meal the week before my surgery. After my surgery i go liquids for 4 weeks and then i go straight to regular food. I go for my last appt. 8/10 and then they will send my paperwork in to Aetna Ins. Co. I was told i should have my surgery in Sept. I can not wait to have this surgery.

:biggrin:Congrats!!!

Had all of my pre-op testing and my appointment with the Dr this morning... and finally got my surgery time! 9am on the 13th... barely a week away!

I had my gallbladder out 4 years ago and there's a new feature at my hospital... they give you a bottle of scrub soap to wash your whole body with in the shower before you go to the hospital to start the anti-bacterial process... but if my laundry detergent isn't anti-bacterial is it going to do any good?

And this weekend I will shop for a new "surgery day" outfit! I know, I'm ridiculous, but shopping for a purpose makes me happy!! I want something that buttons or zips down and pants that are stretchy!!! Preferably that don't make me look like a canned ham. :-P

Congrats to all the new bandees....Kelly and Sara, Beachbunny and the others.

It makes me feel so good as you all check in . I am so scared of not making it through so when you all check in I breathe a sigh of relief :)

Jingleboob, on my pre-op instructions I was told to take a shower with anti-bacterial soap the night before and the morning of the surgery.

Edited by msdv

This is very interesting to me. My doctor wanted me to go on the HMR 500 calorie diet Pre Op (which consists of 5, 100 calorie shakes per day). I ended up having an allergic reaction to them so I stopped. While I have a desk job (read sedentary) I do an hour of cardio a day. I told him I thought that would not be enough calories for me to work (job requires me to remember a lot of details, negociate salaries etc, I work in HR) and continue to exercise. Yes I know I have a lot of fat for my body to burn. The brain however burns carbs not fat.

FYI I did that diet for 5 days and did not loose any weight. When I went back to my own diet I resumed my weight loss.

Very interesting!!! As per my nutrition classes in nursing school, anything over a 500 calorie drop in daily calorie intake should produce weight loss. So 500 cals a day seem quite rediculous. I've heard of a lot of people on here "tweaking" their calorie intakes with their bands when they hit plateaus. For instance, if they are daily taking in 900 cals, sometimes bumping it up to 1000 or down to 800 is all that is needed to move their weight loss along. I guess we all have to find our perfect fits!

I have every intention of getting at least 800 cals a day. I have a bad habit of getting very weak, shakey, cold sweats when I don't have enough cals in me and I refuse to do that regularily.

congrats kelly!!

Help guys i get banded tomorrow and i'm starving today. I'm on day 10 of my pre op liquid diet and i'm starving and i would do anything for some real food:(

hang in there, after tomorrow you won't be obsessing at all, cause your tummy will be sore:)