Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thanks for the responses...it is stressful to make such a life-altering decision and it is so nice to have this website where we can bounce it off of each other. Our August Rush group is a nice place to be!

Hello all my name is Jason.I found out today I will have my surgery on August 16th!! So I will be a August Rush!! I wish everyone good luck and a happy Journey!!!

Start Weight: 323 lbs.

Current Weight: 282 lbs.

Seminar: 11/20/2009

1st Consult: 01/19/2010

1Week Pre-Op: 8/09/2010

Surgery Date: 8/16/2010

Im suprised they don't give you more info. I had to attend a four hour class about the surgery today. ......no pre op diet but im still doing one.

Jennifer

I know, I just knew they would have a whole packet of " Welcome to your new band" stuff. but nope nothing. Really the staff is horrible! They are very hateful when I call and when I ask about changing my surgery date I was told that it would take her doing a whole bunch with the insurance and I just said that the 18th was fine.

I hope I find out more with my nutritionist next week.

I guess people just don't understand what it took for all of us to get here. How much we researched, how hard we worked to get everything done to submit to the insurance. Its a huge step and not taken lightly. I would've thought they would be all happy for us or something. Instead I have the office crew from the dark side. lol

NightNurse, I am sorry you are having such a negative experience with your doctors office. They should really be more understanding. Maybe you can talk to the doctor about his staff?? If they are making you uncomfortable they are probably making other people uncomfortable too. The people that work at my doctors office bend over backwards to help out. I had to switch my PCP and my insurance after they already did a referral for me to have surgery...I got a phone call today from the secretary and asked me for all my info as it changed on Aug 1st so she could do another referral for me. She wasn't bothered by it either (at least she didn't sound it ) I think going through any operation the staff should be friendly and helpful not negative.

Morning All, Yes it is confusing with diffferent date/time lines, but it is Weds 4th here am. Well Yes I made it, I was banded on Monday and am here to tell the tale. Apart from being a little sore I'm ok, so relieved, and not hungry one bit! All went well, although I did wait from 11am admission until 1640 to be taken to theatre, but it was amazing how calm I was, the staff brilliant, and I found out I'd lost just over 6kg on that optislim over the 2 wks, so that was a bonus.

I'm not feeling nauseos at all, far from it and couldnt believe with 2 hrs of returning top the ward I was up on the loo, and having a little stretch of the legs. For all of you out there waiting, believe me it is so worth it and not traumatic, alittle pain yes, but am just keeping on disolvable paracetamol(sorry still spelling a little loopy after anaesthetic), which seem to keep the pain at bay.

well have a good one all, will be in touch again.Cheers.

Hello everyone, I am hoping to join all of you who are being banded in August. I am scheduled for Aug. 31 and I should know by the end of this week if my insurance has approved the surgery. I have found so much information and encouragement on this site and hope to one day be able to inspire others. I guess I will be one of the last "August Rushers" but I will definately be keeping everyone in my prayers and will be watching the posts to see how everyone is doing! Take care everyone!!

Omg Omg Omg. Did my pre-op testing today! 13 more days till the big day?

I know, I just knew they would have a whole packet of " Welcome to your new band" stuff. but nope nothing. Really the staff is horrible! They are very hateful when I call and when I ask about changing my surgery date I was told that it would take her doing a whole bunch with the insurance and I just said that the 18th was fine.

I hope I find out more with my nutritionist next week.

I guess people just don't understand what it took for all of us to get here. How much we researched, how hard we worked to get everything done to submit to the insurance. Its a huge step and not taken lightly. I would've thought they would be all happy for us or something. Instead I have the office crew from the dark side. lol

I totally agree with every word you just posted.

Don't feel bad I had the same problem with my surgeons office staff.

They treated me like I was begging for a free surgery or something and I didn't appreciate it at all.

I talked to my surgeon today about it and he apologized. I too just got a handout about the pre-op diet and what to do when I get home. I have seen some people get binders full of info, free dishes to portion their food and all other stuff.

That's alright their attitude has made me more determined to make my goal ASAP and make them beg me to go to their support group to help others. I'm going to be their star patient whether they acknowledge it or not . :blushing:

Hellooo Everyone...I'm so excited I am getting banded on Aug 25th. I have pre-op appt with my nutrionist to start pre-op diet. Hopefully all goes well and I stick to my diet. Thanks everyone for all this useful information.

Any other Aug 26'ers out there??? i would like to start a support group since i can't find any here in San Diego that wont take me if i don't get banded from their docs.. i am going to Mexico and need support PM me if you would...:blushing:

Hi everyone :-)

I have been put through for my surgery 30th august, im very happy but at the same time it has been so quick i dont know where my heads at.Good luck to everyone:smile:

Congrats to everyone with new August surgery dates (Go August Rush!!!) and congrats to everyone who has already been banded! Thanks so much for sharing your stories with us.

Getting ready for pre-op appt. this morning and I can't even sleep, I am so excited! Surgery is the day after tomorrow!!!!

I'm getting banded on Aug 13! I got my approval last week from BCBS. I am relieved i got approved before the HUGE benefit change that would've made this surgery impossible!!!!!

liquids so far have actually not been bad at all :cool2: I am going to stay focused and keep busy to distract my mind from food! I have started crocheting 3 blankets! lol

So excited!

:blushing:

Counting down to next Friday too! 9 days to go until we're banded! Liquids aren't too bad here either, although I am allowed a piece of lean meat (chicken or fish) and plain green veggies for dinner... guess I've lucked out on my pre-op diet! Pre-op admission testing and appointment with surgeon tomorrow! Woohoo!

Good luck to everyone this month!

I am now 2 days post op and I'm feeling awesome! well besides the soreness around my port its nothing the pain medicine wont help me.

I cant wait for this week of liquids to be over so I can move onto my mushy stage! All I want is mashed potatoes.

again good luck August Rushers!

I'm so excited!! My tentative surgery date is Aug. 27th. We're waiting on BCBS-TX insurance approval. Hopefully all will go well and I can be an official August Rusher!!! Good luck everyone.