Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My date is Wednesday, August 4 at 8:30 am! Just got back from the grocery with the low fat cream Soups, sf Jello and popsicles, and puddings as well as Decaf tea. Am really ready for Wednesday and the beginning!:wub:

August 13 here!! Lucky Friday the 13th!!! Less than 2 weeks away...

Just got the car unloaded from vacation- week in the Adirondacks with the family... I know I could have eaten better but I certainly didn't eat like in years past. A little nervous to step on the scale in the morning though!!! Hope I can get back down to my last weigh in weight by thursday when I have all of my pre-op appointments!

And once the liquid diet starts on Friday I'm sure it will feel real... but not nervous yet. Just anxious to get it done!

-shannon

I am on for August 5th! I have been on the pre-op diet and have lost 9lbs so far. I have a shake for Breakfast and lunch and for dinner a lovely low fat frozen dinner. I like many of you have not shopped yet for the post-op phase but will do that later this week. I do want to say that I have found so much information here, thanks :wub:

Hey everyone!! My date is August 17th:thumbup:!! I'm starting to get FULL of doubts as each day gets closer. My biggest concern is going from UHC Insurance that covers the procedure, to a new job in September that does not cover this procedure and what will happen if I have any issues. ( I PREY to everything I dont). Just that doubt where I don't know what to expect.

Hey everyone!! My date is August 17th:thumbup:!! I'm starting to get FULL of doubts as each day gets closer. My biggest concern is going from UHC Insurance that covers the procedure, to a new job in September that does not cover this procedure and what will happen if I have any issues. ( I PREY to everything I dont). Just that doubt where I don't know what to expect.

I understand your dilemma but be positive.

If the surgery is something that you really need all you can do is go for it while you can and follow all of your Dr's rules and work the band to the best of your ability. Hopefully, like most you will have the surgery and everything will go smoothly.

What are the alternatives? if you feel you need the surgery and you were approved if you change your mind now once you start your new job will you be able to diet and lose all the weight you want on your own?

Will you be able to pay for the fills on your own?

Your young you have youth on your side. If it was me I would go for it and get this over now.

However, in the long run you have to do what you feel most comfy with.

I wish you the best.

Congrats mmmakala and for being human too! You'll be fine! With the differences in docs I get the feeling that it's all a weird science. You will do fine and I am thinking good thoughts for you! congrats again! Let us know how it goes!

I bet that the liver-shrinking pre-op diet is dependent on the surgeon's technique. There are bound to be certain spots within the belly that each surgeon prefers to use for their lap instruments, and depending on where those incisions lie in relation to the liver is probably important. I have to say, I am extremely jealous of those who have lost a ton of weight on pre-op diets! I just don't have the willpower to commit to one without my dr. telling me it's mandatory.

GOOD LUCK ALL YOU PEEPS WITH SURGERY TOMORROW. MAY IT BE PAIN FREE, AND WITH OUT COMPLICATIONS.....ROCK ON AUGUST RUSHERS! PEACE OUT KELLY:thumbup:

Hi fellow August Rushers!!! I will be banded on August 26th. My surgeon does not require a pre-op diet. However, I will probably go on a high Protein diet two weeks prior to surgery. Good luck everyone!!!! I too am very excited.

By the way.... When my wife and I agreed that I would do the surgery I was very timid to tell anyone. But after telling our parents I realized that the more I spoke about it the better I felt. Now most of our friends know. I would say that about 95% have been positive!!!

New to the site, I have a surgery date of August 17, 2010. I bit nervous but excited.

Hello everyone!

This is my first post (though I have been reading for quite a while). My surgery date is August 3... just one more day. I'm feeling all kind of emotions, happy, anxious, scared, and happy again. :wub:

I have cheated a little on my pre-op diet so I really hope everything goes well with my liver. I fasted today (only Water and tea) and I will do only clear liquid tomorrow.

I can't begin to tell you how much this forum has helped me. I can't stop reading even though I should go to sleep now... but I want to keep learning and reading about everyone's experience and success. Like I said, just one more day to go! ;)

I'm so jealous of all of you being banded this week.

Oh, just to have it all behind you and on your way.

I have a date of 8/16 but I think if I can I'm going to change it depending on what type of pre-op diet my Dr. wants me to do.

I don't want to mess around and not be ready for my surgery . His office has been so uncommunicative so I really don't know what to expect and I already made plans through this week . I have a retirement party this Thursday and I'm having a small BBQ on Saturday.

If the pre-op diet is only a week I will keep my date of the 16th and start my pre-op on Sunday. If he wants 2 weeks then I'll have to push my date back a week or so . He's been on vaca for the last month so he probably has surgeries backed up.

I will refuse to wait until Sept. though. I have family and friends coming in October and November. I want to be past all the liquid diets and mushie stages because I have not shared with everyone that I'm being banded.

My appt. is on the 3rd so I'll know definitely then.

The best to all having their surgeries this week and be sure to come back and give us the blow by blow ...inquiring minds want to know. :wub: ;)

Hey everyone! I'm scheduled for August 9th. I have a pre-op phone conference scheduled for 10am tomorrow w/ my scheduler. I know from my info packet that I will be on a 870 calorie diet for the next week. Bariatric Advantage shakes and one small meal. Good luck to everyone being banded this week!

My immediate family knows but I haven't told anyone else. I probably will once I start losing weight if they ask but I'm not volunteering the info.

Edited by Sarah Marie

Good luck to those of you having surgery tomorrow! I know that mine is wednesday but I wish it was tomorrow just to get it over with. Im pretty nervous about surgery but I have had 2 c-sections so Im sure I can handle the pain afterwards. I just have never been put under general anesthesia before- 2 twilight sedation procedures (cerclage procedure when I was 13 wks pg and kidney stone)so Im hoping I react the same to general as I did to the other.

We just got home from being on vacation for 9 days and I have to say that I surprised myself with how well I stuck to my diet. I did have a few bites here and there of a cookie or bread but I know that I stuck to saying under 30 gms of carbs per day. I had on a pair of denim shorts today that were tight on me before this diet and now they are completely loose. I havent weighed myself yet- will do that tomorrow first thing. Tuesday I will be on Clear liquids all day then surgery is Wednesday at 11:30! Im just ready for this to be over with and to get on with the rest of my life and to start finally enjoying it!