Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey wikwit, looks like you and me babe....same day! I know! I went to wall mart yesterday and bought all kinds of stuff... Still need to get the sf popsicles too! Just think.....in under 100 hours were going to be banded !

Well people, this soft diet was fun for about 6 hours....yuk yuk! This morning I chewed my cream of chicken Soup. Still have today and tomorrow of this then Tues. start clear liqueds. Wed. bouyah lap band. Hopefully my tummy won't be thinking about food at least a couple days after surgery.....I live up in the mountians,in Ca. and it will be a 3 hour drive to get to the Bariatric Hospital from my house. My mom, and sister will be going with me (they are 100% supportive). We will be leaving at 4:00 a.m. Wed. morning. I have a little wieney dog (hence my avatar) that will have to spend the night alone, but the cleaning girl is coming that day, and she will bring her daughter "Story" and Story can play with Sophie while her mom cleans. I for sure am taking a pillow with me for the ride home! Also my boyfriend is 100% supportive of me too. I tell anyone who knows me that I'm having this done no one says shit to me cause I'm 5'9 and 262 pounds....HELLO! I learned a long time ago not to give a rats ass :tongue2:about what people say about me, I figure man thier lives must be really boring , if all they can do is talk about me. Well all you August Rushers Peace Out Kelly

P.s. I will probably be rambling like this a few times a day, keeping me busy so to speak!:rolleyes2:

FYI the Protein Shooters (look like a large test tube) at costco come in a 12 pack are currently on sale (no coupon needed). Reg 19.99 so per unit is $1.68 (Even cheaper than walmart), sale is $3.00 off which brings them to 1.42. They stay usable for a long time so I bought two packages worth.

Okay guys I'm on day 6 of my 10 day preop liquid diet. I'm down almost 12 pounds but I've had to stop cooking for my family. food just looks so good to me right now, any food. But I can do it. Friday is my big DAY!!

Wow, you are so much more organized than me, my surgery is 8/16 guess I should get busy and stock up. I wish you all the best, keep us posted!

Don't worry Laurie, you are not the only one who hasn't shopped. I figure I will need something to do these next couple of weeks while I'm not eating or thinking about eating...

WELL ALL, all that stuff I bought at wall-mart yesterday is quickly dwindling down, as my hunger is now a mental thing i can picture. I just don't feel satisfied. I feel like a tiger in a cage going back and forth waiting for my prey to come by so I can slash out and get a bite of meat!!!!!!:rolleyes2:

What I wouldn't give for a couple old fashioned diet pills, yeah that would be the ticket...Only they stopped making those about twenty years ago!

Oh well, my big project today will be to wash my moms car (yes by hand)...that should burn up some of this nervous energy I have, may be even get on my exercise bike for 30 minutes or so!

PEACE OUT KELLYs

I hear ya, my sister. I started my pre-op diet the day I got back from vacation, and damn did it hit me hard. I had 3 days of terrible headaches, weakness, confusion -- the works. Even now (7 days later) I'm still hungry pretty much all the time, have a headache, and think of nothing but food.

I can't imagine what it's like for those of you who are still cooking for your family. I'm usually the cook around here, but I told my wife that it's her duty while I'm on a liquid diet. Just looking at food makes me crazy!

The absolute worst was last Friday at work. We had a "burger cookoff" contest, and people were walking all around me with some amazing looking chunks of meat. I finally had to go out for a half hour or so!

Anyhow, I'm a fellow August rusher. I get my surgery a week from tomorrow, on August 9th. Can't come soon enough.

Nice to meet you all!

... as my hunger is now a mental thing i can picture. I just don't feel satisfied. I feel like a tiger in a cage going back and forth waiting for my prey to come by so I can slash out and get a bite of meat!!!!!!

Hi I am being banded on August 6th as well. I only had to do the pre op diet a week. I started it yesterday. Not a fan of Protein Drinks but the chocolate is tolerable. I guess I am getting nervous about it. I have a read alot of negative things about it and I only want to focus on the positive. I am also only telling very few people.:rolleyes2:

I don't have a pre-op diet, so Thursday night the family and the few friends I've told are going out to eat. A true "last supper"! My husband is in the military, and as a military family, we have to learn to lean on our friends, and so they were told about the surgery. I need help with childcare! The kids and I are all out of school for the summer, so no chance of doing the procedure while the kids are in class. My parents are coming to town, however, on August 23, and somehow I have a feeling that the secret won't stick. This wouldn't be so bad if I didn't KNOW that my mom will overreact, freak out, tell me "You're not fat enough for that! Look how fat I am!", and proceed to tell everyone in the family on the sly. She doesn't tell to be gossipy, she just feels that everyone should know if someone is sick or having surgery. And I'll admit, I'm embarrassed about this. I'm embarrassed that I let my body get to a place where I need surgery to repair it. But if telling is what I must do to keep up the diet, than telling it is.

So as far as grocery shopping. Day 1 post-op is Water, Clear liquids, Water, 3 Protein shots, and water. Day 2 is full liquids. I have purchased vanilla, strawberry and Cookies & cream Protein powder from GNC. I've tried the vanilla- delicious! I've also bought 4 bottles of V8 fusion juice (the stuff with fruits & veggies), popsicles, and canned broth. Oh, and Jello. Even though I'm allowed full liquids on Day 2, I'm nervous to jump into that any further than Protein shakes.

I know I'm writing a book here, but I get really prone to shaking/sweating/weakness when I don't get enough to eat at the end of the day. I'm figuring that cutting my calories down to only a couple hundred from Day 1 is probably setting myself up, so I'm going to stick to real fruit juice and broth, not bothering with the calorie counts. I figure I won't pass 1000 a day, and that's still a HUGE decrease.

Tomorrow is the big day!:w00t: I am soo nervous and excited at the same time! A little worried too, my pre-op diet was for 2 weeks and I have lost 11 pounds, sure hope it is enough.:rolleyes2:

Tomorrow is surgery day for me too. I'm very excited and nervous. Told the people in my Sunday school class, and I was happily surprised by all of the support. Hubby was told that he has to keep his Facebook updated tomorrow with surgery progress. That other wise they would hunt him down. Had a few wives tell me that I was an inspiration, and that I have made them want to lose weight too. That made me feel fantastic. I've lost 15 pounds (haven't weighed today) since I started the pre-op diet 2 weeks ago, but still worried that the doctor will get in there and my liver hasn't shrunk enough.

Tomorrow is surgery day for me too. I'm very excited and nervous. Told the people in my Sunday school class, and I was happily surprised by all of the support. Hubby was told that he has to keep his Facebook updated tomorrow with surgery progress. That other wise they would hunt him down. Had a few wives tell me that I was an inspiration, and that I have made them want to lose weight too. That made me feel fantastic. I've lost 15 pounds (haven't weighed today) since I started the pre-op diet 2 weeks ago, but still worried that the doctor will get in there and my liver hasn't shrunk enough.

Good luck on your surgery tomorrow! Be sure to post when you are feeling up to it, and I will do the same..nice to have a same day buddy!

So it seems not everyone has to do a pre-op diet... hummm interesting i dont look forward to my pre-op but in a way i know it will do my liver good to shrink down so i will avoid possible complications. as far as the headaches and other side effects of doing a pre-op diet BRING IT ON.. JK.. it actually scares me S***less i dont wanna turn into a crabby, cranky, headachey b****! so if anyone has advice on how to save my marriage and family from this I highly appreciate it he he... Good Luck everybody..btw my surgery is set for Aug 26th dont have to start my pre-op for 2 weeks in advance but i figure the longer i do it the better my liver will be :rolleyes2:

Tomorrow is the big day for me too! I was on the pre op liquid diet but i cheated tonight with a slice of a cake (had to Celebrate my boyfriends birthday)

Good luck to everyone going in this month! I'm getting nervous now its so close!