Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good morning everyone from the Midwest! I happily will join the rest of you for support and conversation. I will be banded on August 24. I had to do a 6-month diet to satisfy insurance. I will be doing a 2-week diet of two Protein Shakes at Breakfast and lunch and then a Weight Watchers type frozen dinner. Pretty much the same liquids as everyone else ie Crystal Light and so on.

Hi all! I am being banded on August 10th! I am on day 4 of an all liquid pre op diet. It really hasn't been that bad. I'm excited to be finally on my way of permanent weight loss! This site has been fantastic for gathering information and support...and I cant wait for that to continue! Emsey, do you live in Belgium? That is where I met my husband....and a beautiful country. I look forward to seeing all of the hope and possibilities ahead of us!

HELLO FELLOW RUSHERS!!!!

I have been posting on and off now and am so excited for Aug since it is around the corner... I will be banded on 8/26 in Mexico and have heard good and not so good things about going there but i have had other family members who have had surgery down south and everything turned out fine. i will be starting my pre-op diet on Aug 2nd even though i don't have to for 2 weeks before my surgery i just figure the longer i do it the better my liver will be.

i do not need to do a liquid diet thank goodness but i have a low carb diet i need to follow and i have things already to go.. I am SOOOO EXCITED.

i actually had some good feedback today from my teacher she was excited for me and wants to get it done as well i wasnt going to tell anyone at first but figure why not it's my life i need to do what is best for me and forget what others think :rolleyes:

I am telling everyone and anyone, information is knowledge, and if I inspire one person to take action like me so be it! I don't give a hoot what people say about me or the band....to each thier own. If they make some dumb remark (in my head) I'll think poor you. On the outside I'll say "you are entitled to your opinion"..so there!

Well, I am now officially 7 days to go....Lots goes through your mind. Mostly (since I'm the impatient kind once I make my mind up) how to keep myself busy until then. This is a great avenue! Read, read, read! I guess just do the same thing I have been doing since I made my mind up to have this done!It will be interesting to see how we all do, will we meet our goals? What will be the hardest part for us once we are banded? What we like the most, will our taste buds change? Will the food demons in our heads finally shut the @$$& up? And how will it really feel to be able to take one bite and be full? AAHHHHHH the questions! I'm going to be posting a lot this week, as a way of keeping me from going stir crazy. So you all will get to know my rantings lol:biggrin: Till this afternoon PEACE OUT AUGUST RUSH BANDSTERS

It's nice to be in a forum where we are all at the same place roughly. We are all being banded in August and most of us are in the preop diet phase right now. Glad to be here!

My surgery is August 6th too! Same as Sockmonkey, Kellyodoran and Spoiltmom it appears.

Sooo, we are all suffering through the 2 week pre-op diet together it sounds like. Am I right in coming to the conclusion that many other docs require all-liquid for these 2 weeks? I guess I got fortunate that mine only requires hi-Protein w/ no grains, fruits or vegetables. So..I've been eating a lot of chicken, eggs and tuna, fat free yogurt and cottage cheese and drinking EAS Advantage chocolate Fudge Protein pre-made shakes. They actually aren't too bad...if you don't mind chocolate Water. LOL.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!:(

Mellisa, we do have the same date, but I don't have any liqued pre-diet except for two days before surgery,,,,,,,that of course doesn't mean i'm cramming burgers and fries down my throat! Also I am not really a sweets eater. It seems like every single Dr. out there is different.

Hey all just checking in for today.

i am getting so anxious for my surgery date. Time goes so fast now but it seems like 8/16 is about 2 months from now.

My surgeons staff is so negligent that I have not heard from them so I don't know if I should be starting my pre-op diet on Monday or not but since I don't know I'm not going to push it. I already booked a luncheon on the 3rd to Celebrate someone's retirement and I'm not going to back out on her. They don't know I'm being banded. If I have to do the 2 weeks I will start that afternoon and if he has to put it off until the next Monday (he only operates on Mondays) that'll be fine because I want to do my pre-op dieting without a smitch of cheating.

We'll see!!

O.K. GIRLS,,,WANT TO GET SCARED?.... MY DR. JUST CALLED ME AT 8:30 P.M. AND SAID INSTEAD OF THE 6TH I AM NOW THE 4TH...OMG BECKY MY LIQUEDS START TOMARROW! I AM EVEN HAPPIER IT IS SOONER W.O.W.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:( PEACE OUT EVERYONE.

I think that's great Kelly!!

I know you have all kinds of butterflies now.

You'll do great just get your mind set that your new healthful life will start even sooner than you thought.

Woot woo!!!!! :( :thumbup:

Post every day and let us know how the liquids are going.

I wish you the best.

I know you probably won't be able to sleep tonight.

Wow to have your date pushed up almost 2 weeks that would be so awesome... plz keep us "Rushers" updated every little detail he he....Good luck look forward to reading your posts soon! :(

I don't mean any harm....but I just read the thread for the August 2009 bandsters.

I am even more determined to work this band.

I will not go through major surgery and not meet my goals.

None of them are failures, there have only been a few responses so far but I want to be down more than 30-40lbs by this time next year. I know that it is much easier said than done but I have to be determined to work this band.

Hi Fellow August Banders,

Just curious...how many days does everyone plan to take off of work for the surgery? Also...for those of you who are keeping this top secret, what have you told your employer when requesting the time off?

My surgery is on a Friday and I'm thinking of taking off Monday as well and going back Tuesday...hope this is enough time....I am a little nervous.....:(

I'm scheduled for August 17! I'm excited and nervous. Terrified that I'll have problems with the band (slippage/erosion) and wondering if I should have chosen bypass. My doc has a very low rate of complication so I should feel some confidence in that, right?!

I'm also keeping this decision very quiet. I've told my sister, husband, and 2 best friends. The rest of the world doesn't need to know my business. I work very hard at diet and exercise, it's time to see some results.

Good luck August buddies!

Hi Fellow August Banders,

Just curious...how many days does everyone plan to take off of work for the surgery? Also...for those of you who are keeping this top secret, what have you told your employer when requesting the time off?

My surgery is on a Friday and I'm thinking of taking off Monday as well and going back Tuesday...hope this is enough time....I am a little nervous.....:(

I am lucky, I am a nursing student so I don't go back to school until August 30. But my NP told me that most (if having surgery on a Friday) go back to work on a Tuesday. That's not bad!!!

On another note, I just saw a commercial for my surgeon on tv! I shouldn't be charmed by this stuff, but he looks kinda badass walking in slow motion in surgical scrubs while inspirational music plays. :thumbup:

And congrats to kellyodoran!!!!!! You'll have to be our sneak peak into the OR. We want to hear everything!!!