Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

We already have 2 other August threads going but let's all try to consolidate all of our thoughts and encouragement into one thread so that we can all support each other and face our fears and struggles together.

I was originally to be banded last March 2010 so I started posting there and I love how that thread is still going with many of them having great success and encouraging each other.

My name is Dee and after much hassle with my surgeons office staff I have a surgery date of 8/16.

I have an appointment with him on 8/3 and there I will discuss my concerns about aftercare and dealing with his staff. Hopefully, all will go well and I won't have to cancel my surgery and find another surgeon.

I have been going through this process now for over a year. I started out with NYU but found after I paid them $750.00 out of pocket that my insurance is out of network for them. They made promises but I didn't want to risk getting stuck with a humongous bill. I want to be thin and healthy not bankrupt.

I found another surgeon that accepts my ins. and he seems nice enough and is the Director of the bariactric program at his hospital but his staff has treated me like I'm begging for a free surgery.

Well anyway, I'm planning to start my pre-op liquid diet on 8/2 anyway on my own advice.

I'm looking for much support and encouragement and am willing to do the same for all of you August rush people.

Kellyodoran came up with the name August rush!!

Edited by msdv

VERY HAPPY TO SEE "AUGUST RUSH" UP ON THE BOARD, THANK-YOU, THANK-YOU!:rolleyes:

Hey fellow "Rushers" Im on the 17th ! oh i put our new motto in my signiture ! one more appt and im done i think!

Glad to be part of the group! Surgery scheduled for 8/11! Can't wait to see the changes in all of us! Funny, I've been watching and reading for 6 months but didn't want to post anything until it became a reality. Now I'm on Lapbandtalk more than Facebook!

I've decided not to tell anyone except my husband. It's not that I'm embarrassed about it, I just don't want comments or critics coming out of the woodwork and some of our family members are big time gossips! The world will know if any of them know! What about all of you? Who have you told or not told?

HELLO FELLOW RUSHERS!!!!

I have been posting on and off now and am so excited for Aug since it is around the corner... I will be banded on 8/26 in Mexico and have heard good and not so good things about going there but i have had other family members who have had surgery down south and everything turned out fine. i will be starting my pre-op diet on Aug 2nd even though i don't have to for 2 weeks before my surgery i just figure the longer i do it the better my liver will be.

i do not need to do a liquid diet thank goodness but i have a low carb diet i need to follow and i have things already to go.. I am SOOOO EXCITED.

i actually had some good feedback today from my teacher she was excited for me and wants to get it done as well i wasnt going to tell anyone at first but figure why not it's my life i need to do what is best for me and forget what others think :rolleyes:

I'm Amanda and my surgery is set for August 6th. I first thought about Lap Band in 2007 after the birth of my daughter but I told myself that I didn't need it I just needed to work harder. By the time I got pregnant with my third baby in August of last year I decided I needed Lap Band desperately. My little one was born in March and now here I am. My first surgeon appointment was in May.

I'm on day 3 of my 10 day liquid pre op diet. It sucks but it will be worth it in the end!

beachbunny pray tell how did you do the august rush thing?

I'm Amanda and my surgery is set for August 6th. I first thought about Lap Band in 2007 after the birth of my daughter but I told myself that I didn't need it I just needed to work harder. By the time I got pregnant with my third baby in August of last year I decided I needed Lap Band desperately. My little one was born in March and now here I am. My first surgeon appointment was in May.

I'm on day 3 of my 10 day liquid pre op diet. It sucks but it will be worth it in the end!

Amanda you and me same day hugh? One week away! I am so excited, let's get in there and get this party started!

Kelly, go into your user CP at top of screen left hand side and then scroll down to edit signature and type it in your siggy.

Use a bigger font and bold, it's all right there.

You can put all that other stuff in your siggy!! :rolleyes:

I've been trying to do a ticker for months and for some reason can't get it yet. I'm really computer illiterate.

Fellow August Rusher here!!!!!!! It's getting close, I'm so excited!!!

My surgery is August 6th too! Same as Sockmonkey, Kellyodoran and Spoiltmom it appears.

Sooo, we are all suffering through the 2 week pre-op diet together it sounds like. Am I right in coming to the conclusion that many other docs require all-liquid for these 2 weeks? I guess I got fortunate that mine only requires hi-Protein w/ no grains, fruits or vegetables. So..I've been eating a lot of chicken, eggs and tuna, fat free yogurt and cottage cheese and drinking EAS Advantage chocolate Fudge Protein pre-made shakes. They actually aren't too bad...if you don't mind chocolate Water. LOL.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!:rolleyes:

My surgery is August 6th too! Same as Sockmonkey, Kellyodoran and Spoiltmom it appears.

Sooo, we are all suffering through the 2 week pre-op diet together it sounds like. Am I right in coming to the conclusion that many other docs require all-liquid for these 2 weeks?

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!:thumbup:

I am incredibly lucky. I have NO pre-op diet! I will be enjoying my last Sprite and Red Robin on August 5! Not to rub it in, sorry guys! I almost wish it was required, seems so many lose a lot of weight before surgery and I have no willpower to do it when it's not required. :rolleyes: I also only have 1 day of Clear liquids post-op, then 2 weeks of full liquids. Not sure how long on mushies.

I'm worried about how to make the food phases work and not look suspicious when my mom is visiting at the end of August. My surgery is TOP SECRET!!!

copy mine then go to your cp button on the top of the page and edit your signiture and paste it in!

Jennifer

mine is on the 16th and my surgeon apparently requires a 10 lb weight loss which ive been on a almost liquid diet . I have lost the few lbs i gained not dieting and .2 ounces only of the weight they want lost. Looks like ill be on all liquid starting tuesday.

Hi everyone,

I'm being banded on Aug 5th in Belgium. Am counting down the days on my calendar... just can't wait to get it over with now!

xx