Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey everyone. I was just banded on July 26th. I'm 21 and from Seattle.

I was just hoping to find someone (or even a group would be nice) around my age to talk about this with.

I have a lot of support from my family and friends but I think that having people who understand the process and are experiencing the same things is important.

I don't even really have any questions. Just hoping to make a few friends on here.

:rolleyes:

Hey! I just got banded on July 16. I'm 24 and from Illinois.

Like you, I have great support from family and friends, but it is definitely nice to talk to someone that is going through the same journey.

How's the first few days treating you?

One week in and feeling pretty good.

The only downside to having family so involved is the fact that they are around all the time and I've never noticed how much people talk about food. And my sister is in town and we are having people over...so there is a lot of amazing food being cooked.

Haha. Here I am on this 3 week liquid diet sipping broth while they eat lasagna..salad...and french bread. Haha. I'm getting used to smelling things and pretending I'm tasting them.

How is your post-op diet going? My doctor has all his patients on 3 weeks of Liquids(no jello/pudding/yogurt/creamy things at all) and then the 4th week is when I can start the soft foods. So we skip the mushies entirely.

I'm feeling great though moving around. No trouble at all with that.

The one thing I'm not liking is the gaaaas. Ugh. So annoying. And I have pretty much been doing less on the Protein and more water/broth. Well for the first week I did. But I am knuckling up on the Protein. I just don't like any of the flavors very much. It's going to be a bit tough for the next two weeks. Just have to choke 'em down. Haha.

Wow. I really just rambled off didn't I? Sorry about that.

How are you doing? You must be in your 3rd week?

Edited by twostepsatellite
typos

Hey twosteps my surgery was a week after you and I'm 20 so it would interesting to compare our progress with each other! I was lucky and didn't hAve any gas pain but from the sound of my roommate here at the hospital it sounds painful. I hope you get it all out. As for Protein I use the whey protein from wal mart its not the greatest but when u can add some banana and or strawberries SO MUCH BETTER :thumbup:

HAPPY RECOVERY

I definitely can empathize with the food looming, for sure. The first night I got back into town from surgery, I went out with a few friends to one of my favorite food places. It was pretty much torture. Haha.

My post-op diet is going pretty decently. I'm also on three weeks of varying liquids, the last day of which is Thursday. Yay! I've been able to go semi-liquids like yogurt, oatmeal, and sugar free pudding at least. Kudos for three weeks of strictly liquid. That's even less fun. I've basically been doing a lot of creamy Soup the last ten days, along with a Protein shake and a few other odds and ends. I can easily say I'll never have the desire to have broth again!

Protein wise, I had to go through a few different ones before I found one I could at least tolerate. I'm doing the EAS carb control chocolate. I'm sure if you look around a little bit, you'll find something that you can enjoy at least a bit.

Besides the food, I'm doing well. Recovery went great; the transition been easier than I thought. That gas problem is finally subsiding. Hallelujah.

Hey Ladies! I'm 22 and getting banded ... tomorrow!! My excitement right now is to mask my semi-anxiousness, haha. Anyways, you all seem like you're doing great since surgery so I wanted to say congratulations and hey. Hopefully I can keep motivated with yall.

Any updates?

p.s. Just realized that my last food for at least a month was a pretty indecent piece of salmon. Not a perfect last meal but I'll take it ... after all, tomorrow starts an amazing journey :)

Hey there! So exciting that you are getting banded tomorrow!

I was super anxious the night before...and really for a while before but I had nothing to worry about. The surgery went extremely well! All the doctors and nurses were helpful and awesome.

The most annoying right after is that every time I had to pee I had to get up and I could really feel the soreness. And I had to pee a loooot. Hahaha.

Good luck with your surgery!!!

Happy to help with any questions. I'm only 2 weeks in. Got banded on the 26th of July. Anything you want to talk about...just let me know. :)

mmmakala

How has your first weekish been?

I wish I could add some banana or strawberry. Strictly liquid. No pulp or cream or anything. My doctor is very badass apparently. Haha.

crazylegs

Gas has SIGNIFICANTLY subsided and I am feeling so much better. Recovery went GREAT. I'm feeling good. The scabs are all coming off.

I'm settling with the nectar Double chocolate.

Hi all! I am 26 and have been banded for a little over two years, now don't look at my ticker and think I am a loser though. I actually did very well the first year, and then lost my father to cancer, so I put myself on the back burner, was too tight for a while, and then, when I finally got back on track, my Dr found a leak. So now I had a port replacement, and am back at it again. All my ticker shows I've lost I have lost since Tuesday.

Anyway, long intro just to tell you that if you guys have any questions, I am totally here to answer them! I don't know everything, and am certainly not perfect yet but still going in the right direction!

serenity88- congratulations on getting banded tomorrow! Good luck!!!

twostepsatellite and crazylegs _ sorry about the having to watch other people eat!! Totally SUCKS! I just did that this week after my first fill since my replacement surgery, I needed to do liquids and was dying because my husband was eating a small pizza.

mmmakala

I wish I could add some banana or strawberry. Strictly liquid. No pulp or cream or anything. My doctor is very badass apparently. Haha.

crazylegs

Gas has SIGNIFICANTLY subsided and I am feeling so much better. Recovery went GREAT. I'm feeling good. The scabs are all coming off.

My solution was mostly lots of different flavored sugar free jellos

mmmakala

crazylegs

My first week has been hard. My doctor is liquid ONLY. But I wont lie, I had some refried Beans. 1. they tasted so good, 2. They deff helped with some gas pain.

I am so dang sick of liquids in fact I promised myself I will NEVER eat jell-o again after this.

Good luck on your surgery tomorrow! You will do just fine, just keep taking the pain meds and everything will be ALLLL set :thumbup:

My first week has been hard. My doctor is liquid ONLY. But I wont lie, I had some refried Beans. 1. they tasted so good, 2. They deff helped with some gas pain.

I am so dang sick of liquids in fact I promised myself I will NEVER eat jell-o again after this.

Good luck on your surgery tomorrow! You will do just fine, just keep taking the pain meds and everything will be ALLLL set :thumbup:

Duuuude. I don't even get Jell-O or Pudding! *supersadface* LITERALLY just broth, Water, crystal light, Protein powder.

Finally had the gas pain though, huh? Bleh. I'm sooo glad it's pretty much over with for me. So uncomfortable.

If I neever ever have to have a Protein mix drink again...I will live HAPPILY. UGH.

Duuuude. I don't even get Jell-O or Pudding! *supersadface* LITERALLY just broth, Water, crystal light, Protein powder.

Finally had the gas pain though, huh? Bleh. I'm sooo glad it's pretty much over with for me. So uncomfortable.

If I neever ever have to have a Protein mix drink again...I will live HAPPILY. UGH.

really? no Jell-o? wow your doctor really is a bad ass. It's ok though you would get SO sick of Jell-o faster then any Protein shake. When can you start other foods?

I'm back!!! Thanks for your well wishes. The surgery went went. I'm just excited now to drink something besides crushed ice.

Definitely going through the soreness and gas pains that you guys are talking about -- how long does it take for those to go away? I'm freaked out because I start classes on Monday and I hope I'm not miserable.

What kind of Protein shakes are yall drinking? whey?

I'm back!!! Thanks for your well wishes. The surgery went went. I'm just excited now to drink something besides crushed ice.

Definitely going through the soreness and gas pains that you guys are talking about -- how long does it take for those to go away? I'm freaked out because I start classes on Monday and I hope I'm not miserable.

What kind of Protein shakes are yall drinking? Whey?

I'm doing nectar Protein.< /p>

Glad it all went well!

Um the gas lasted a bit more than a week. The soreness, for me, didn't last longer than a week. Plus as long as you keep up with your meds for a bit you are going to be fine in that department.

mmmakala

I can start eating soft foods next week. Tuesday or something.

excuse my language but...fuck protein mixes. Haha